Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMtGt824 ... ed&search=

God I see God I see God

Post subject: Monday Morning
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

IN the beginning, God created Time
Past, present and future
all blended and all mixed up

and to sort it all out
God made Light, the Light
The Light transformed Time

and Light and Time became a clock
they beamed through my window
and they hit me right in the eyes

and I could hear them talking
and they were saying to me
get up you lazy slug and go to work

and I focused on the light on a Monday
and realized that at this time
I had been dreaming again

but right now I gotta go deal with reality

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

last night i went to sleep for maybe two hours and woke up and could not get back to sleep...so eventually i decided to get up and amuse myself on the computer til i thought i was sleepy again and then went back to bed and reached a sort of half wake half sleep dream state and was dreaming of a corn cob pipe...and there was something in that pipe which i made use of creating a wreath of smoke around my head and right after that i felt myself fall into a deep relaxing sleep and slept hard
for a few hours sure enough. when i awoke and remembered the dream i wondered, "what in the world would prompt me to dream about a corn cob pipe and a wreath around my head and then i remembered when i was playing on the computer, i was amusing myself my watching peter max cartoons like this one...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3KbdDRoydk8
in the middle of the night they are really cool

anyhow, good day all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

What was IN the pipe? And, do you have enough to share?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i believe it was a settling agent :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6W_a2U-bIU&NR

well i thought i was dreaming or smoking a "settling agent" sunday when I watched those Sunday morning News shows and the likes of "our boy Delay" and such saying that it is the fault of the American People for not backing GW in Iraq that we are going to lose the war on terror. with smugness he actually expects us to believe, after GW and the boys basically got a free ticket over there with lives of too many brave Americans and the forfeiture of too many of our (the worlds) resources in wasted conflict as they try to "democratize" (or masacree) the middle east with money and guns.

It is like this Tom Delay and O'reilly and Limbaugh and the rest of you blow hards

It don't work, another push is bullshit! Money and guns is not going to change the world for the better!!! OK, its not the American People or those that want to end the madness that are responsible for your idotic stupidity, with all do respect GW, you are a failure!!!!!

THere is a bit of reality for ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

sorry, i listened to that song and got emotional

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

On those Sunday morning debate shows, why do they say "with all do respect" when they really mean "Jane, you ignorant slut". and, on a less emotional note, GW, with all do respect, the issue here is not that we don't want to fight terrorism (because honest to God we don't like it), the issue is we consider one more big push just one more big act of terrorism. Now, we, realize that many of the people you are wanting to kill are "bad" men, but we believe they were recruited successfully to become "bad" men because they feel their "way" and "natinonality" are threatened. Similar feelings of paranoia that you and Pastor Kennedy and Pastor Robertson and Mr O'Reilly exhort everyday here in America in attempts to recruit support for your acts of terrorism (yes bad is a relative term "Mr. President" that can be defined in different ways). Now I, as an individual, do think that active military situations are now inevitable in this world where emotion and fear and hatred have evolved as primary defensive attributes of civilization. I, if you have read this thread, feel strongly that the mechanisms of defense that have evolved are religiousism and nationalism and that these things are at the heart of terrorism and its dealing with these concepts rationally is where a solution lies. But if, and when the time comes to put people, young men and women of the world, into these where people are going to die or be mamed for a cause, then you better have something planned out and objective in mind other than we are going to commit n number of people equipped with weapons of mass destruction to create insane disorder and then see how it goes. If disorder follows a pattern we don't like we will add more people with WMD. You see Mr. President, with all do respect, the need for a military solution of any sort is the proof, the absolute undeniable reality, that we have failed as human beings on this planet and it has become a necessity to cut and stitch using primitive surgical means instead of a modern holistic rational approach to healing humanity.

Last edited by PSBeaty on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:27 am

Arlo Fanatic

and one more thing

We can't look to God to tell us who should hold the blade and America doesn't need to puff it self up and insist on being the Chief Surgeon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

(pardon)
(psb, check you private messages)
(i think i managed to send one) (?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:32 am

Arlo Fanatic

I have obsessed on this song recently. I have wondered if the muddy season is the best to hear the whispering pines. I went to Woodstock and got tired of overpriced pretentious food (I should have cooked more but there was one diner I liked and a place called New World had a pretty good Thai curry). I over indulged in a house with pink walls and still felt for ghosts with a clear head the next day and eventually I crossed the river to look at a church. I can't seem to give up recklessness?

In a Station

C Em F Dm
Once I walked through the halls of a station
G C7
Someone called your name
C Em F Dm
In the street I heard children laughing
G C7
They all sound the same
C F
Wonder, could you ever know me
C G
Know the reason why I live
C F
Is there nothing you can show me
Eb F/G C
Life seems so little to give

Once I climbed up the face of a mountain
And ate the wild fruit there
Fell asleep until the moonlight woke me
And I could taste your hair
Isn't everybody dreaming!
Then the voice I hear is real
Out of all the idle scheming
Can't we have something to feel

Once upon a time leaves me empty
Tomorrow never comes
I could sing the sound of your laughter
Still I don't know your name
Must be some way to repay you
Out of all the good you gave
If a rumour should delay you
Love seems so little to save

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well the food was uh? that bears place once owned by Albert Grossman, that was the worst... but enough food for thought... checking out now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well don't forget to check back in when you can,
dang it!!

good to hear back from you.

eating away from home can be a little tricky, at least for me it can...
(arnie, remember those knishes?
i remember you describing something on the menu that you thought was a hot dog :) which i think you could see was making my eye balls roll back in my head but not to worry! spinach knishes to save the day. they were good!)
anyhow, right now i am eating a little light (a little out of sorts the past few days, not to worry though...but may explain alternating between silence and babbling) :)
anyhow...right now having thai noodles (honest, true story! had 'em yesterday too) kind of like cup o' soup only way better...i like to add stuff like watercress and chopped cilantro...and stuff blah blah blah
anyhow, i've babbled enough...i am going to hide away now armed with my spray bottle of water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

oh yeah, those are some nice lyrics.

i've never even heard the song!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i have always liked those Richard Manuel songs for some reason

its the overindulgence gene in me

or the sound of one hand clapping

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.