Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Re: Am I dreaming again?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah, PS, that kind of talk you were listening to makes me feel like regurgitating some fluids of my own!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

this is the end (bom bom bom) this is the end my friend,
it is page 15 again, the end

yuck fluids yuck uuuuuu...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

you silly person!

hello pot? meet kettle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

at around 8:50 yesterday morning I was driving into work and of course the radio was reminding me of the anniversary. I thought of how that 911 was a far prettier day with the high clouds and the blue skies and the sun shining in hot on my face as I turned into the parking lot at work and heard that a plane had crashed into a building in a world away. Yesterday, it was cloudy and cold. I quivered with chills out on the patio as I ate my lunch wrap and quipped with the lunch crowd about kayaking in an urban setting (kayaking into Baltimore on the Jones falls past the vinegar plant and the old closed Mill refurbed into fancy eating establishments and "historic Hamden" condo's near the point where they used to scald the poor pigs 'live before they would pop the bolt (with or without lip stick?)...oh well, so anyway I was driving in and at around 8:50 or so (I don't remember the exact time that plane hit) they had a caller say that it is important that we remember we live in the greatest nation and they started into the song about how I will gladly stand up for those who gave there lives for and God Bless the USA....and i was supposed to get the tear in my eye and the feeling in my gut....emotions are funny and I have been engrained since i was a young boy to get emotional and agree without a thought that this is the greatest nation.....but now a days I begin to think about it...but what is the criteria to be the greatest nation? Maybe it is that all my ancestors for the past 200 years are buried here? and that they sweated and toiled and laughed and lived and loved and cried here. That must be it! Or is this the chosen land the land where God's will prevail? That must be it! I suppose what makes me want to believe is that I have the right to say "I Don't Believe You" but if know one listens and they do things I don't like do I still have to agree this is the greatest nation or will I be persecuted if I say I don't like your God as he is cruel will they wish to put me in a camp and plan on eliminating me...If I say I don't believe in your modern economy with lopsided caste system will they call me un-American...but all my ancestors for the past 200 years are buried here.

show me how to fight my battles in life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

It was reported last night that students and faculty at almost 1000 universities spent eight hours planting and standing vigil over fields of little US flags symbolizing the victims of 9/11. There is certainly nothing wrong with that, but it struck me that their time could have been much better spent volunteering.....to work for something that is meaningful to them like building houses or feeding people or reading to children or.....??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

ok....15 pages....time to do my job!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.