Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I went in the basement after tha last post and looked at the old books and found these words on the shelves, copyright 1969.

“This all brings us to the realization of the enormous educational task which must be successfully accomplished right now in a hurry in order to convert mans spin-dive toward oblivion into an intellectually mastered power pull out into safe and level flight of physical and metaphysical success, where after he may turn his Spaceship Earth’s occupancy into a universe exploring advantage. If it comprehends and reacts effectively, humanity will open an entirely new chapter of the experiences and thoughts and drives thereby stimulated.

Most importantly we have learned that from here on it is success for all or for none, for it is experimentally proven by physics that “unity is plural and at minimum two”- the complementary but not mirror imaged proton and neutron. You and I are inherently different and complementary. Together we average as zero-that is eternity.”

at a boy Bucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

Kennedys video on the End Times sounds interesting. I enjoy seeing stuff like that like Hal Lindsey, Grant Jeffrey, Jack Van Impe etc. Our church is a member of the same Presbyterian denomination as Kennedys & our current pastor & the last one both like Arlo. & It wasn't my fault either lol. :) Yeah you're right Arlo oughta get tax exemption for his church. It is a church so he deserves it... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
Ok Ok I am sorry but I am just curious, why has there got to be an end? why should we live for an end? Anybody?

On a personal note, I pulled off talking about life near equilidrium with the big cheese whiz and explaining how understanding life near equilibrium made the company big bucks (and also affected world health). I am sure he will forget this meaningless little achievement. Most of life on this planet is actually near equilibrium but Dr, Kennedy would probably say that was blasphemous. But of course they brutalized hey-zeus for blasphemy many years ago.

Humans have pushed the limits of equilibrium though, you know! I had a dream the other night about the many millions killed in the 20th century in acts of genocide, the jews the russians the cambodians and the africans, it is amazing how quickly so many humans filled those voids, I mean, the humans have the planet so out of balance, oh ya what is that word Kayawhat , I can't recall, life out of balance (with minimalist music that grates on the brain).

any thoughts out there? (another dram of Laphroig if you please)

Maybe it's not living for an end, but for a beginning. Maybe we have to wade through the bad stuff to get to the good stuff. How can we learn compassion if we don't ourselves experience suffering? If everything were always fine, we'd all be a bunch of airheads, basking on the beach waiting for someone to take care of us. Well, you did ask...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:23 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.aclu.org/religion/

http://www.coralridgehour.org/

I just thought this was interesting to open these two sites and compare and contrast the messages!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

The problem with the end of day’s scenario is that it is exclusive. The question is who holds the rights to exclusivity. Whose conceptual reality is patented? Whose faith is bonafide? What if the Muslims worship the true God and they are living in the time of tribulation and all these Christians are living the realm and doctrine of the Antichrist. (Oh My God, The Cosmic Mirror). The underlying concept of the end of days as presented by the Western churches of this world is that the world as a material place will cease to exist and that the new realm the beginning will be beyond this tangible existence. I mean, the Buddhist view of this is that the end of days and the ultimate balance of spiritual equilibrium are in a different space time plane of the imagination and enlightenment is a quantum tunnel to a different consciousness (and of course by saying this I got it wrong because we can’t describe the true reality of enlightenment). Not Christians and Muslims by God, the End of days destroys the tangible universe and all laws of physics as we know them become null and void, therefore, screw the future, the tangible, ultimately humanity and the Earth Goddess planet who has nurtured humanity because one day soon it will all be gone (so the death of corals and the decrease of pH of the oceans and the end of so many forms of life on this planet are truly meaningless phenomena), God will spread his arms and spin the universe out of existence like one of those toy spheres suspended between the potential kinetic force of twisted rubber bands . It is funny how those who have clung to the material riches of this world are so willing to see its total demise in the future. I am sure that someone, somebody, somewhere has faith in the ultimate solution to this puzzle!!!

Maybe if we all shared the same end of day's scenario we wouldn't fight about things so much?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:05 am

Arlo Fanatic

and another thing (I always wanted to say that)

the only reason we live through the stupid bad stuff now is because we choose to!!

I'm done! Thanks for allowing me to vent Dave, Arlo, whoever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

I thought I had something to say, but it has escaped me... ran out the window and down the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

cheryl, maybe it will come to you later. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

maybe, it was runnin pretty fast though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
I mean, the humans have the planet so out of balance, oh ya what is that word Kayawhat , I can't recall, life out of balance

well, i managed to track this down about that (crimony!)...(never saw it but may try to check it out)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koyaanisqatsi

the other, an operating manual for spaceship earth or something...i'm pretty sure i remember as a kid seeing the spine of that book somewhere along the wall to wall shelves of books in the local bookshop we had there and in the room (which was the whole bookshop) a waterbed in the middle of it (a little different from the lounging chairs and coffee shops you see these days) (one of those rooms/departments had a flying (papier mache) indian suspended from the ceiling)

i'm sorry i think i may have just had a freaky flashback (apologies to freaky!)

Last edited by agnes on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

cheryl wrote:
maybe, it was runnin pretty fast though.

i had a response for that, but all i can think to say now is, "silent knowing" :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:13 am

Arlo Fanatic

I did watch the Coral Ridge Ministries Hour on TV yesterday (well I flipped back and forth between it and the Bears game) and I can’t help but comment. There was 15 minutes of America being founded on Christian principles and 15 minutes on attacking the ACLU as an anti-religious communist remnant with thirty minutes of hawking fundamentalist propaganda for minimum donations. I am sure all this falls under some tax free religion thing. The thing that compels me to write this is that the man is held to know scrutiny. He is given a tax free bully pulpit to broadcast his political views in the form of half truths and rhetoric and using as his foundation his self proclaimed intimacy with the desires of the Almighty. Maybe I am missing something here? I truly believe that if Jesus appeared before this man of God that he would intrigue to crucifixion! But I don’t believe in miracles!!!

And now, someone who sings loud......

http://taslimanasrin.com/index2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:07 am

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:

And now, someone who sings loud......

http://taslimanasrin.com/index2.html

just to be fair, in the case of rosa parks for instance, it's not so much the things that she said (or "sang") that day that was so loud....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

I too forget what I'm gonna say & it flies right outta my mind. I have to agree with Kennedy on the ACLU. The ACLU tries to silence too many religious groups...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

Buckminster, the Fullermeister ... namesake of the Buckyball. A lone, sane voice in the desert. Tks. for the tip, PS. Some digging out of old books is in my near future, too. These times need him more than those did, I think.