Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

...phenomenal cat is still one of my favorites

...one cat i didn't know came in and made himself at home...it was the oddest thing how he would sit straight up like a person...with only a bit of a slouch..i think that is what he thought was supposed to happen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I impulsed on a whim and caught two fairly low fare tickets and took my daughter for her 20th birthday to London for a 3 day rampage (you only live once and time with a daughter is special). The Boston Arms was the same old Pub (Irish tinged with Guinness brewed in Dublin on tap. Pete played through the Village Green Preservation Society song by song and did a fantastic job (the new band sounds good). All my English friends were there (Allie, Jude, Martin, Geoff, Ange, Pete and Mandy) and we were raising a glass to the Kinks and my daughter’s return to England in the spring to study when word got around that Ray had come to the party this year. Sure enough, before you knew it, up on stage he went and he grabbed a microphone and it was Girl, You Really Got Me Going, You Got Me So I don’t know what I’m Doing! The little Boston Arms was Rockin! Pete met with Ray as John Dalton told Ray that Pete's performance of Village Green was superb but Ray made an exit pretty quickly after the last song. I introduced my daughter to all the other guys in the band we talked to Mick Avery for a bit (real nice fellow, my daughter couldn’t believe he had quit the Stone’s before they took off, leaving the job to Charlie Watts). This particular group of Kinks are all great people actually when you talk to them a bit and share a pint, it is hard to believe the stories of hotel bashing rock and roll animals and drum crashing head bashing stage “incidents”, but I guess those always involved Dave and being rock and roll stars at 17 and such. We ended by going back to beautiful little Hook Norton in the Cotswalds and closing down the Pear Tree with a few pints of Hooky Best Bitter (my daughter is good for a few pints I found, it is a bit different when you can have a pint with the kid and hang out a bit and talk about Art, Music and Life and such, seems a good thing). I did take the kid around London (she is a walker) including a trip to Highgate Cemetery (Karl Marx and Michael Faraday among others are there). We also went to the Tate Museum of Modern Art (no MoMA but pretty good if you like that sort of thing, with the big crack in the cement and some good Picasso’s and Dali’s). And that is all my story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highgate_Cemetery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

sounds like a good time...glad it worked out afterall! (nice how it worked out!)

...good to see you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like a good trip. I went to England once in the early 70's & it was neat & interesting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i had a chance to come back and actually read the article you linked...thanks for posting it

and actually i do like looking at paintings...i was looking at some on the internet (well, i wasn't at the museum afterall) (it all started when...i was thinking about the blue ridge mountains earlier yesterday and...who knows what happened after that! here are a couple of the paintings i looked at)

http://www.portfolio.umaine.edu/~amy_ga ... ns_JPG.jpg

http://www.elkhornslough.org/history/hi ... tingBG.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:31 am

Senior ArloNetizen

[I impulsed on a whim and caught two fairly low fare tickets]

Speaking of... here is a website to where one can go to buy affordably at a late date:
farecompare.com

Go to Getaway Maps, put in your home airport to see where you can fly cheaply at the last minute in the US and around the world!

Enjoy!

MG[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

thanks for posting that mg! (in case (speaking on behalf of myself) i should find myself in such a predicament) :) it is good to know!

that one painting up there of the cathedral ruins reminded me a little of a video i found a while back (it was actually the music that i was looking for to share but thought the vid was cool too) anyhow since i already posted it elsewhere (i also remember sue saying something about the relation between roof repair specifically (or lack of) and the taxes)...i thought i wouldn't post it again...but then i thought i would on the off chance that someone who hasn't seen it might want to (and so you could see what i mean)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HdqHaj59ITQ

...but here is another i have just come across (also the m-baebes)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rMcQKP3xID0

anyway i thought it was cool...thought i would put it here

okay, see ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I dreamed I was in a Pub and having a few pints of my favorite Best Bitter and there at the bar were Larry and GW having a pleasent conversation about the World and other affairs. and Larry said "gee Mr. President, I believe I have misunderstood your position on things..you seem to be a really friendly guy...you know you might look at the world like this...and Larry went on to explain to GW why things weren't as they seem sometimes and the president says "gee Larry, you seem a good fellow, I think you and Captain Zap should come to Crawford Texas and hang out at the Ranch and eat meat with me!

Strange Dreams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

perhaps you are confusing dreams and FRIGGIN' NIGHTMARES!!!????? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It's true Larry, the way you were laughing at all his jokes, why you would have thought he was the funniest and wittiest man that ever came from Texas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:54 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Really? Was I laughing with him, or at him? :? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:02 am

Arlo Fanatic

looked like with him and then I dreamed that you and GW were clapping and singing along as Zap sang his war song. Then you were all laughing and carrying on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours...........wait, I already am! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:56 am

Arlo Fanatic

I wonder what it all means Mister Wizard?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

Maybe we should ask Zap, since he was there too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.