Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Re: Pissed as Farts
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDdkwwiV-is&feature=related

time to get the pork pie hat on and head on down to mem.....phis...toast to mud island (Rita Coolidge now..she could sing) maybe get some barb it chew and get good and greasy, Pete is on his way and it is time for cheap hotels, honky tonks and too much fun (I love travelin in a depression especially to cities like Mem...phis..

I'm a goin to Graceland, Graceland

Anybody want me to say anything to Elvis?

how about old Wilson Pick it (99 and 1/2, just wont do youall!) or There she sits...all by herself...everybody dancin...can't help themselves...the groove is much too strongongongongong can't hold on long...so don't fight it, baby you got too feel it feel it child
since i will see the Black Crows on Friday and Otis is Memphis too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT8k4bbQzyA

well now!
i remember once getting a postcard from elvis! made out to me...signed and everything!
but the handwriting looked suspiciously like someone's i know who lives in ohio!

have fun! will look forward to hearing back from you!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

PSBeaty wrote:
(awful lot of graves of fairly young people as well as the old between 1917 and 1920 for some reason)

I noticed that in my genealogy research. It may have been when the world had the terrible influenza epidemic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

el_libra wrote:
PSBeaty wrote:
(awful lot of graves of fairly young people as well as the old between 1917 and 1920 for some reason)

I noticed that in my genealogy research. It may have been when the world had the terrible influenza epidemic.

them old peoples before they died told me about how awful it was to have to get out of bed to go bury the ones who didn't make it..it often struck as a picture out of a horror movie ...people recovering from the flu looking around to find family members who didn't and then seeing that image of them with pick axes and shovels digging those holes in the ground (I always see it in Nixon Oklahoma as that is where the stories of that time always popped out of the old people who died along time ago)...to me it just shows you how fragile humans really are even though many of us think we have not quite God-like powers.

In the Blanchard Cemetery, when you first approach the graves, you see a group of about 25 stones that had young men between the ages of 18 and 25 all dying within a 2 month period. All the deaths occurrred between June 6 and July 30, 1944. I wonder if there are really any remains in all those graves.

Oh, that is a morbid thought, Let's go to Memphis in the meantime baby!
Memphis in the meantime girl!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
In the Blanchard Cemetery, when you first approach the graves, you see a group of about 25 stones that had young men between the ages of 18 and 25 all dying within a 2 month period. All the deaths occurrred between June 6 and July 30, 1944. I wonder if there are really any remains in all those graves.

today is veteran's day...well anyhow!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

on Armistice Day, The philharmonica play
but the songs that they play
will be sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

My neighbor Larry, a veteran of the Korean War, told me today that, rather than holidays and memorials and parades, he would feel most honored if everyone worked as hard as they could to make sure that there will be no more generations of veterans.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwTVy-nh ... re=related

Had a good time on the cheap hotels and honky tonks tour down there in Memphis and Nashville. Walked up Union Street in the rain in a pilgrimage to the SUN just to stand on the spot where Elvis stood. It made me homesick for juke box honky tonks and that wild side of life. I got lots of tales but I'll just leave with this one word of advice:

If you are lost in the rain on the music city highway and the headlights are getting tired and Loretta's Kitchen is up on the hill, well stop at Las Fuentes where the Corona is cold and the waitress will explain the Christian finger over the torilla chips and salsa as the truck driver laughs, but don't, and I do mean don't order the combination #2, cause it is not available and you can't have any, and I do mean, you can't have any of that stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

why not?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

I am trying hard to understand why you would ask me such a qurstion? I told you, there ain't none of that here and so you can't can't have it, any of it, there ain't none of it, HEAR!! Don't you be gettin' bone headed with me. So I sunk back into the booth with the lumpy cushion that had been molded by years of big ass Americans eatin in this joint (although I had my doubts the Las Fuentes been a going concern long or that it would be a concern tomorrow) and I pointed across the table and said, Can I please have what they are havin'?". And she said, "well that'll be alright with a smug little smile and a nice controlled voice with a plan kind of pouty stare. Just about that time the really nice fella, the beer man!, showed up and asked if we would like another round of cold Corona in a brand new frosty chilly mug. This would be round three, of course we were wonderin' why it took'em this long to figure out that there was none of it, none of that combination #2 in the kitchen in the back. We didn't ask no questions, cause in truth, we needed no answers...that is how life is when you are on the cheap hotel and honky tonky tour of Tennessee. we all agreed and answered...sure, we will have another round of cold Corona in a brand new chilly frosty mug. And the truck driver across the aisle just laughed and laughed and looked at us as if we shared the great secret of the Las Fuentes Mexican pit stop somewhere along the Music Highway!

I don't know why but this makes me think of cow punk music. Remember the cow punk scene with X and The Blasters and that Dwight Yoakum fella and some brill cream hair, cowboy boots and black...seems you had to dress in black! It was a great fleeting nanosecond in musical history and a footnote to The Clash. I was thinking of a song from those Reagen years from that cow punk moment that seems to be relevant today so I post this link and I will shoot you this Christian finger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSkMh1u2 ... re=related

of course cow punk was a fact of life out west of the Brazos valley even before Giant came to town!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-tnJNcFF8k

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
...the Christian finger... !

i am unfamiliar with that expression and so now i am curious!

(oh look, there she goes again!)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1RwA9l ... re=related

There you go trying to get me all riled up again. Agnes, I do believe you are an instigator. That is a lot different from a crocagator and not nearly as wholesome as a sweet pertator!

Oh and I just got word from the UK...Ray showed up at the Boston Arms again and sang this number with band!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs2kFrGl ... re=related

Nostalgia is a good thing in the End of Days, the death of the American Auto Industry leaves America a land of broken dreams!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

horrible thing that i am :)

that is pretty cool about ray showing up!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
horrible thing that i am :)

What is it that makes you horrible? I have been told on occasion that I am crazy and yet I don't feel crazy? I wonder if I am losing my grip? THen I wonder if I had a grip to lose? Oh....STELLA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:37 am

Arlo Fanatic

No you're not horrible. Trust me. :)

I remember that song. I didn't remember it was the Kinks singing tho...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:15 am

Senior ArloNetizen

PSBeaty wrote:
Iv'e been told on occasion that I am crazy and yet I don't feel crazy? I wonder if I am losing my grip? THen I wonder if I had a grip to lose? Oh....STELLA

Yo, PSBeaty.. you are only crazy in the sense that you embrace life so capably and fully. I loved your post about blasting it up in the cellar on number 11, that was crazy, but never change.

I would have liked to have punctuate this post with a YouTube clip of my latest favorite from Ray Davies , but could not find it. So Good night. I love that song. He is the 'I may have gotten that from him' guy forever.

Time is the avenger
run run run away
run run run away
lets run away with time

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.