Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:50 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Oh that should be nice. Real horses. A proper pint... And the type3 on the Fairport Convention page is pretty neat too.

kurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

wow! flying sounds like fun...and that taste testing looks like serious business!
it is always good to hear from you (you knew i would say something goofy like that) (hey! this time i was at the ocean for real!) and we will look forward to hearing from you now, and again, and when you get back! (i think i covered it all this time but who knows...anyway, you know what i mean!)
have fun! and see you later! or sooner! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:15 am

Arlo Fanatic

Stay safe. Hope all goes well for ya. Have fun at Cropredy. I've heard of that & it sounds interesting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:16 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Wishing you lots of fun and a happy return. Mack and wellies probably won't do it.
What about an inflatable device? Could maybe also help you to keep above the beer line. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:51 am

Arlo Fanatic

I see Agnes is appearing on the tenth!

Hey those guys are driving a VW microbus!!

If you love beer you really need to do a pub crawl in Oz

I used to fly on horses all the time til I had a buster that left me spinning around on the post of a huge cross country jump and two other people broke their arm and leg so I gave up riding flying horses.
Now I ride a broom instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well! it appears i am

hey! in that case, louise! can i hitch a ride on your broom?! you could just double back (from there to here and then over yonder) and i will be standing on the roof waiting for the beam of light and you could swoop me up and...and...
pretty please!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Be right over Agnes. I'll see what the other Witches of Woodstock are up to, maybe we can get together and raise all kindsa hell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

found a new song like to hear it here it goes!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d9gCN9-Jnfg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

Gosh That takes me back! I think we could fly to that tune no trouble Agnes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i did catch the mad agnes set by the way! It was during a glorious session with Saag Paneer to eat and a 6X for drink! The Crop Redy field was amazingly full of people and I got a choice camp spot along the canal (completely under water a week before from all accounts). The amazing thing about there versus here is that at night it is silent outside, none of those mating crickets and grasshoppers and things that fill the night with sound here in the States, perhaps it was because it was freezing cold as soon as that sun went down. But, I did manage to stay for the full three days and sang along to the Meet me on the Ledge song and all (it was Fairports 40th and there were plenty of guest artists showing up and things). On Friday, the Fairport 69 members played the entire Liege and Loaf LP (all were there except Sandy Denny of course but the fill in singer did a top notch job). The Strawbs did a nice set as well. I missed Wishbone Ash as my mate Pete was playing in a local pub in Crop Redy at that time (a nice set with a new version of Copperhead Road worked out and a nice couple of originals). Had a few pints Hooky Best Bitter that night! His drummer got stuck in the traffic jam as many were still arriving and we had to carry his kit about two miles of old hippie filled roads in a hurry so he could get on in time. Excuse me, crash cymbals coming through!

Of course Richard Thompson's solo set after Liege and Loaf was pretty Damn awesome i thought!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

psb!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

ya know, i have had that paneer stuff before...in some form or other, but what is a 6X?
ya, and i can say, (that is in case anyone has forgot or doesn't know (as if)) that sandy denny also sings along with robert plant on the song battle of evermore

glad to see you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:23 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Sounds like a good time :) Glad you made it home ok and that you enjoyed your trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.pub-explorer.com/realale/wadworthbrewery.htm

6X, it's a pretty good ale although not my favorite. I also went to Cornwall and ate Cornish Pasty. The best I got was in Tintagel where it is rumoured Arthur was born. It is a great place for cliff walking above the ocean as is Land's End.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintagel

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.