Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

cheryl wrote:
Wouldn't you be able to think twice if you had a split personality? I mean, sometimes they talk to each other. I used to know this woman who did that.

The answer to this question is a simple "no". A split personality simply means that two or more people are thinking or trying to think and just happen to be using the same brain. Sorta like Bush and Cheney.

And talking to oneself is not the same, because as the scarecrow reminded us that "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking". This proves you don't need to think to be able to talk. ( e.g. a Bush press conference).

And some of us talk to ourselves simply because we can assure ourselves of having an intelligent audience. At least that's what I do, and I still have no idea what I'm talking about half the time.

As I go through life I find that I have many answers and many questions, and that my answers are often like square pegs and my questions are like round holes. BUT! It don't stop me!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

cheryl wrote:
so when you play guitar do your teeth knaw on the strings?

I just had a really bad biting down on aluminum moment! I am still cringing
and
Larry makes sense (that is odd, It must be time for medication!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hmmmm???? better double the dosage..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

So, dude, did you adjust the meds to the point where I no longer make any sense or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:48 am

Arlo Fanatic

I know, I'll triple the dope!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4PYvSSP ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1j ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:32 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L47GQG12WHg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I was thinking about tidal pools and John Steinbeck. You ever think about tidal pools and John Steinbeck? I heard somebody once said that the hermit crab was the clown of the tidal pool! He was a friend of Joseph Campbell's? I brought up James Austin and his breakthrough on the platform in the London tube once here (I think). A break through when he realized that nature was still predominant even in the urban blunder! I could almost be a buddhist but the drugs are no ggod. I don't have the discipline! I've got a Tao soul though! I was thinking about what Larry had said about how thought is linear! Of course, those of you who know me know that when I read that I was like oh my god thoughts not linear but then I thought you know by saying well don't think twice it makes you think twice (I mean its like a challenge or something)! So then I thought well thinking is not linear but reponding is? I mean you can't be non linear and witty at the same time or maybe when you are non linear while responding it just comes off witty and nobody takes it seriously. But don't think twice its alright!

(Larry, the dosage feels right! Tell me something? make me think twice! and Cheryl, tell me about life? I need to know?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds maybe like an overdose to me! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:36 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yep Whenever I think of, or see, tidal pools I always think of John Steinbeck. And then that makes me think of Guthries. They're related in many ways eh! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

it is one of those crazy buddhist things I suppose (why was preacher casey a buddhist anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wke1RBvcNQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCpYYjyerZw

I love those same old cosmic blues that have no explanation!

I'll be there
I'm not there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 am

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
I was thinking about tidal pools and John Steinbeck. You ever think about tidal pools and John Steinbeck? I heard somebody once said that the hermit crab was the clown of the tidal pool! He was a friend of Joseph Campbell's? I brought up James Austin and his breakthrough on the platform in the London tube once here (I think). A break through when he realized that nature was still predominant even in the urban blunder! I could almost be a buddhist but the drugs are no ggod. I don't have the discipline! I've got a Tao soul though! I was thinking about what Larry had said about how thought is linear! Of course, those of you who know me know that when I read that I was like oh my god thoughts not linear but then I thought you know by saying well don't think twice it makes you think twice (I mean its like a challenge or something)! So then I thought well thinking is not linear but reponding is? I mean you can't be non linear and witty at the same time or maybe when you are non linear while responding it just comes off witty and nobody takes it seriously. But don't think twice its alright!

(Larry, the dosage feels right! Tell me something? make me think twice! and Cheryl, tell me about life? I need to know?)

I think Larry's right, sounds like an overdose.
Life... well, you're born, then you live a while - hopefully you like how you live, then you die. Nothing too mysterious, but you know that. It's the in between stuff that makes it all interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

adjusting the medication can be difficult! but it is part of that in between time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

sometimes we just need closure, the in between is fleeting and the end is always near

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvAbusE1veU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 am

Arlo Fanatic

Ahhhh, the verbose and always thinking( in a linear fashion) PSB. Do you take your mind out for walks, or does it take you? In my case, both things happen, and I always have to bring plastic bags with me, just like when I walk the dog, or she walks me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I starting to think about linear thinking in reference to Zen. Then I mentioned it's application in trying to unravel the reason for war:

Any reasonably capable leader could end war, even sustain this for a prolonged period of time, and we may still not attain world peace. Contrary to linear thought, world peace is not necessarily attained by ending war, but by ending the the hatred. End the hate.... and you will find peace. Then is when the killing will end.

Eventually I came back to through Buddism and the Dali Lama, but eventually deduced I had no non-linear thought: I saw it all to well integrated into the well worn thought patterns of my Hindu friends, and as always, was able to justify this as sound eastern pyschoneuorchemical development that had nothing what so ever to do with motorcycle maintenance!

Can I borrow that bag, Larry?