Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:17 am

Arlo Fanatic

and you know what the rampion bring

http://spoutwood.org/index.php?option=c ... 8&Itemid=6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I think we may be onto a new subspecies here with Shim. Think of it. If humans are made of 98% of the exact same genetic material as chimps, Shim is most likely a closely related human but unique enough to have shims own subspecies!

Shim must be similar enough to be retained in the same genus and species as humans ( since shim is human by definition ) so Shim is a Homo sapiens, but is distinguished by his uniqueness and therefore can be classified in new subspecies, say Homo sapiens subspecies strangeious, or some such Latin derivative! Actually, Larry, since you “discovered” Shim, you would have rights on the name….

The human instinct to classify goes back to my favorite philosopher, Aristotle when he began the classification of living things by similar morphology. This was done initially as a way to put a system of checks and balances in place so that the order of the universe was not defined simply by human intuition, but by the science of taxonomy. From then to today, from the great nomenclaturist Carolus Linnaeus to Darwin, and beyond to the human genome project, humans have fumbled our way from phenetics to genetics and everything in between, including binomial nomenclature, cladistic, and branching trying to sort our way through the order of life.

So Larry , the only rules is that is should be in latin, and typically a new subspecies are named after their feature (s) which are indicative of the uniqueness of the subspecies.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ahhhh.....but "shim" discovered me. And you called shim him, that does not work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Larry wrote:
And you called shim him, that does not work.
I didn't mean too!!!!!!!!

I meant Shim's uniqueness! I was being rushed out the door to go bowling (I bowled a 126 - unheard of -)

May the Shim with be with you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:

what you say is true! i was there!

cheryl, i am always learning something too!
i decided to look up rampion on google to see how it matched up with what i knew, and it seems the more common word for what i know as rampion is "ramps" (first i heard of that)...anyhow, it would grow at my grandparents place...you know, those funny countryside dwellers with the strange accents :) ...that is how i know of it

so there's that. :)

PSBeaty wrote:
Drums keep pounding rhythms to the brain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMCd9Dyz ... re=related

it is kind of funny...a couple of the most recent music clips i posted around here, i was consciously aware of repetition...and then you post that clip there...pretty cool i thought! and besides that, i awoke this morning to the sound of a woodpecker! talk about repetition...and a crazy fast beat!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

F'n Spring
I love it
In the yard all day long
and still didn't burn
all the remnants of last year
It is almost done
and all the beds are clean
but I had one too many beers
and drove the neighbors
crazy with the tunes
(one neighbor
everything is a power thing
I use human power
the only noise is jerry garcia
or bartok
or Mahima with Debashish Bhattacharya & Bob Brozman
at least today
anyway
and shim is just
something to talk about!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

and just for fun a bit of visceral human thought

Epistemology and Ontology
And a great debate

Man’s Fate, his fall
His inevitably
Linked to desire
Of visceral needs
To dominate
To control
His own peculiar
Path

In the base form
The fundamental
The prototype
Anxiety unquenched
Spare moment dreams
Erotic images
That end
Control

Aahh! Reduction
To function
Spinning electrons
And vibrating strings
That don’t mean shit
To the sexual thing
I crave pressures
And vacuums
In my hall
of dreams

now stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

with apologies to Shim but I always get lost in my own thoughts
and my thoughts (as always it seems)
are order and chaos

I was thinking of the ontology of order
to the fourth or fifth degree
and the epistemology of the
set of events creating that order

now according to Stuart Kaufman
This is the nemisis
of pure reductionist theory
and the last bastion of
pure theism or deism

because at the first or possibly
the second degree
events can be described
in terms of probabililties
but when you get to the degree
of complexity of say...
A human...or maybe just a heart.

then there is no base
description or
set of equations
that adequately describe
in some reductionist form
the unpredictability of life
and therefore its possibility
in our universal reality

(then you put cosmic Indian music on and think about Shim)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r_mRktR ... re=related

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

in lue of the great Resolution
a little cosmic surf music
mixed with fear of the unknown!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W7m2tHWVvE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Aahh! Reduction
To function
Spinning electrons
And vibrating strings
That don’t mean shit
To the sexual thing
I crave pressures
And vacuums
In my private
Place

I feel compelled to
My resolution
I don’t know
His resolve to
His questions
But mine is a
Simple Philosophy
Layers of complexity
Become irrelevant to
Reduction

The human condition
Is to fear
Societies haunt
Is its sexuality
So it seems natural
To seek reconciliation

You know the interesting thing…the interesting thing to me… is that sex distinguishes Shim over all other attributes…sex…emotion…not religion, not philosophy…sex the great downfall…to me sex is the penultimate (now how often you get to use that word) ..the penultimate of layered complexity…beautiful…complete…loss of control …complexity…what part of tension…what part of tension????what part of tension can you stand??? can you deny desire? Can you really with hold from it? No eventual bursting sensation…some point…some time… it will be resolved…(nurse, get your pad the boys insane)… Now remember ontology…epistemology…
it is strange
That sex
The forbidden
In the lost soul’s
Logic
That sex
Could be
The last bastion or possibly any hope
In this minds eye
Of God’s existence
At this
The resurrection season!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpzLjeJn ... re=related

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:02 am

Arlo Fanatic

The dissection of sex or mans fate

From a purely physical chemical and mechanical perspective

At ground zero we find ourselves in the Reductionist’s hall where at its very core there is mostly blank empty space punctuated by the occasional concentration of dancing strings, rhythmic dancing strings may inhabit the ultimate inner core of sex…huh…moving in perspective we come into the layer of not quite explained but approximated reality where time remains a variable along with mass and energy and the world is still mainly blank empty space punctuated by spinning mass and opposing charge and described in probabilities and not realities but still predictable with a high degree of accuracy although precision may vary. Here, in this vast empty space, the Reductionist has the definite home field advantage, as his ramblings captivate the mischievous they baffle the multitudes. As we continue our journey away from the core we penetrate the crust into the realm of forms and in some Dante-esque type dream we pick our traveling companion and guide…You can pick your own but I will take Woody’s advice and pluck away from the Island of Stromboli my fantasy girl .. Ingrid Bergman….at this level we see the formation of structures held together and pulled apart by the first direct observation of pressures and vacuums, attractions and repulsions …all of the energies coalescing into larger islands of mass and energy and sensation. Ingrid whispers with her sexy breathy voice and that pretense of disdain that intrigued you in Casablanca or Notorious..”It is at this level that the great chicken or egg controversy arises….did life arise from cosmic debris as some information package magically assembled on a bed of clay or was it two pools of water separated by some fatty layer that cycled solutes from one side or the other creating pressures and vacuums and attractions and repulsion that finally resolved themselves by creating information structures of replication. Was it force or substance..the chicken or the egg?” I thought to myself..I said self…Ingrid’s cool, all that and brains to boot…heaven, I’m in heaven…Then we were captured up in some winding entanglement of folding foam and shuttled into a lipid sea and the forces of nature tugged and snapped us in a massive contortion that reoriented our heads into a new space and time as Ingrid smiled and said..”you have been secreted into a new realm of structures” as we walked through halls of vas deferens and fallopian tubes and watched fluids shuttled here and there carrying their swimming cells as we peered through an opening and Ingrid smiles and says the promised land…the egg” and the Reductionist is now firmly on shaky ground because the equations and probabilities that anchor his theories of prediction begin to become astronomical in a way we have not felt since the dancing strings…I mean, how many theories or paths of prediction do you have to wander down to result in a sperm penetrating the outer layer of an egg and I look into Ingrid’s eyes and she gave me the playful eye’s and knowing smile that captured the imagination and sent many a mind into fantasies of rounded shapes and sensual lines of intercourse that fill the mind with desires and fire the nerves to stimulate secretion and constrictions that swell the physical substance creating sensations that could only be predicted to occur at a frequency unimaginable by even the finest of minds…but that happens every moment of every day at a home near you…couple a runaway mind with the sensations of touch and taste and smell and put two humans together amongst all this tension and pressure..on a moonlit night…on a sunny beach or a snowstorm on a mountainside …or the great desert space with the ancients of the mountains forming figures against the sky…soon hands touching..caressing…OOOHHH Ingrid…I’m falling again….She laughs and thinks of the Island of Stromboli and whispers…”sometimes control is the last thing on your mind”….in the still quiet of the cold grey light of dawn (I love that line) A Reductionist’s theories will always fail to predict all of the beauty and joy and satisfaction this whole process can bring…then I contemplate the side affects, the phobias, the manias, the perversions all the things that man’s mind can do with something exquisitely beautiful and perfect in its inception…. questionable a simple replication structure of pressures and vacuums of fluid flows and their effect on human dreams…I sit in contemplation and look into her eyes, those beautiful eyes, and Ingrid smiles, touches my arm and asks …what you thinking? (now why do women always ask that question in the flickering afterglow?)….I look in those eyes that have launched this cascade of desire in so many humans over the years and say…I know apples are tempting….but shouldn’t it have been a peach tree?

Even at its most concieved and realized form
the world remains mostly
blank empty space
So what do you dream?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO_oDqpNamI
(one of those songs I liked from the very first few bars I ever heard)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

D amino acids are sweet
And L amino acids are tasteless
L amino acids form protein
D amino acids don’t
Life uses L amino acids
the D ones
fall by the roadside
And D sugars
And alpha and beta
Distinguishes cellulose and starch
Just an extra bit o' water
creeps inside

Viva la Difference!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

there is a knock down argument for you!

:) !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well, perhaps I didn't word that in the proper order because cellulose is beta and starch is alpha but that is the difference between a tree and a human. Who can figure? (well, as far as sugars go)