Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:51 am

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
My sense (or lack thereof) tells me that "shim" would be bored to death listening to the above described conversation and would find the entire group sophomoric and pedestrian.

sophmoric and pedestrian

oh the way shim talks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

That was only my sense of they way "shim"would react. I can't say for sure. My sense also tells me that trying to understand, define or speak for shim may be like the folly of mankind attempting to understand, define and speak for God.
Our verbose ramblings on simple concepts trying to explain simple concepts with complicated terms is what mankind does best.
I think shim is past that and just comes to instant matter of fact understanding of such concepts without need of explaination or contemplation. I assume that this all takes place in celery time, which suggests that it is past, present and future all at once.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

doesn't that mean that shim can just as easily instantly misunderstand concepts or is shim above our petty failures to communicate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hard to say. I mean how can we understand, know the limits of or judge a superior being?
How could a cockroach know the limits of Einstein?
How could George W. Bush understand the concepts of "My Pet Goat" as it was being read to him by a room full of third graders?
Some things are just above normal humans(e.g you and I), and many more things are above sub-normal humans( e.g. George W.).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Is "Shim" on Facebook?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
I think shim is past that and just comes to instant matter of fact understanding of such concepts without need of explaination or contemplation.
PSBeaty wrote:
doesn't that mean that shim can just as easily instantly misunderstand concepts or is shim above our petty failures to communicate

Shim is sounding typically human more and more to me! I like some verbose ramblings...I find it entertaining to see what might pop out of a human brain!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

You mean like the examples we both seem to be offering now? :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:15 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I did meet a being similar to Shim in a way. It was a Being that was manifested in the body of a female Mongolian gardener, which was a metaphor for one's soul, or gardener of the soul.

She was a most interesting character, and quite unique, but alas, not human, only manifested in a human form, and described in abstract ways: to look at her, one would have to look away... She shimmered and her hair blew around her like a wind, although there was not a breeze..... You could feel her hug you and lift you off the ground without her touching you... To walk behind such a being was like tracking a sunbeam.... Light seemed to radiate through her and then reflect her presence in multiple planes at once.... She was ethereal , full of dynamic shapes and hues of colors in motion.... When she spoke of the evils of mankind the colors moving within her darkened, blacks and greys merging and shadowing the rainbow hues that normally radiated from her,and she said things like , " If there is no reality of good that is absolute, then you have lost any basis for judging." '

It is abstractly related to peyote buttons and Amadeus,
(although Mozart's hallucinations were no doubt related to the fever that killed him.) :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like perhaps a close relative. But who knows?

As Arthur C. Clark or Stanley Kubrick might tell us, shim could be the us of the future, near or far. But shim will still be us. Like the early homonid that learned to use the bones of a dead animal as a weapon to kill one of his own kind, like Samsom countless centuries after that did the samething with the jawbone of an ass, and centuries after Samson George W. Bush killing his own kind ,also with the jawbone of an ass. Only George spoke with his in place of swinging it like an actual physical weapon.The result was the same in each case.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i don't know if this goes here or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbb2ePPDA2Q

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

well this is were I stand on it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P6UU6m3cqk

or, that is the way I feel now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:41 am

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
Hard to say. I mean how can we understand, know the limits of or judge a superior being?

A superior being...an example being John C Calhoun in South Carolina in the first half of the 19 century...he was a superior being in his day....or Adolf Hitler in the first half of the 20 century...he was a superior being..all the attributes you describe of SHIM are attributes assigned by SHIM and so all these things are a Delusion of SHIM...From that point on it is best to just develop your own personal delusions and throw it all on the table..if it is worth sorting maybe it will sort naturally (maybe not)....but you know what they say.....a woman levitated the other day...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Shim my claim to be a superior being, or we may see shim that way. I don't know. A true superior being may not impose itself on other beings as the examples you cite.At least by my definition.
I'm told levitation can be obtained by ingesting large quantities of flatulence inducing foods under the proper conditions.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
A true superior being may not impose itself on other beings as the examples you cite.

But Larry, I don't believe in superior beings.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Me neither.But that may not mean they don't exist. I'm not so sure about inferior ones. :?