PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:56 am

Arlo Fanatic

Doesn't weird really mean interesting?

Post subject: Re: Dead Roads
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

Goofus wrote:
Doesn't weird really mean interesting?

I suppose it does.......in a weird sort of way.......

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFj0RfZb6iM

as an example, the rolling stones are known to have channeled american R&B and country music. they immersed themselves in the music. they were not alone in this but it did result in a truly rolling stones mystical out put. it is similar to Dylan and Woody Guthrie. Other people not typically considered mystic but who are (in my opinion) mystics of incredible spiritual out put are Darwin and Einstein. Both submerged themselves in the meditative contemplation of ideas and facts and came to their own startling conclusions. I think the term mystic suits them.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

that is a great version of that song!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

That is a great version of that song...Not sure I can sing it with conviction anymore...

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

yesterday evening when i was walking about i found a little baby snapping turtle about the size of a fifty cent piece...i could hold him! and he just closed his eyes like, "there's nuthin there, there's nuthin there..." sometimes he would open just one eye though,,,like from that scene from little big man, "am i still in this world?" :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

Do you hear voices?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E8xbNg ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

great clip there!...pretty amazing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSr7TuPXRrM

I was thinking about associated guilt. In 1945, very few Germans were exempt from the guilt associated with the Third Reich. However, this was not the case probably as late as June 1, 1941. At this point, even tacit acknowledgement of the evil involved was relatively free of guilt. Then between June and December of 1941, the philosophical struggle was defined, there was no turning back and there was very little possibility that a citizen of the Reich could ever demonstrate innocence through non complicity. Prior to then they could say things like, I am not a Nazi but now the trains run on time, and the youth are employed and we feel there is a future. Then, it no longer mattered if you were not a Nazi. The only proof you were not a Nazi was if the Nazi's decreed it so. Then you were dead (probably, or wished you were). Now that is a dead road!

I think to many people are to willing to give to many people credit for what happens! Often what starts as mass hysteria of rhetoric can turn into a nightmarish hell with its own Wagneresque ending. A dead road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm1TDHiqANY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

the trains run on time....

man

,,, pretty interesting that rhythm devils clip...at first i was reminded a little of the space drums thing, later it reminded me a little of that edgard varese thing sorta kinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSr7TuPXRrM

I was thinking about associated guilt. In 1945, very few Germans were exempt from the guilt associated with the Third Reich. However, this was not the case probably as late as June 1, 1941. At this point, even tacit acknowledgement of the evil involved was relatively free of guilt. Then between June and December of 1941, the philosophical struggle was defined, there was no turning back and there was very little possibility that a citizen of the Reich could ever demonstrate innocence through non complicity. Prior to then they could say things like, I am not a Nazi but now the trains run on time, and the youth are employed and we feel there is a future. Then, it no longer mattered if you were not a Nazi. The only proof you were not a Nazi was if the Nazi's decreed it so. Then you were dead (probably, or wished you were). Now that is a dead road!

I think to many people are to willing to give to many people credit for what happens! Often what starts as mass hysteria of rhetoric can turn into a nightmarish hell with its own Wagneresque ending. A dead road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm1TDHiqANY

well the issue is that we always associate ourselves. we delegate to this or that. we delegate our authority. actually, we hope to delegate our authority...but then our we responsible? am I, an American who never voted for GW Bush, responsible for his actions? had his megalomania been beyond 100,000 dead....what is my responsibility as a U S citizen? I never voted for him and I have easily been on the record as not supporting him.....so, am I responsible? he is as evil as evil can be by my analysis but he is not a criminal in America. His friends got rich by a dirty little war that we try to pay for but the republicans turned into irresponsible assholes...(it was mostly their WMD, right?)

I really have the bad attitude, , not sorry,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
I really have the bad attitude, , not sorry,

And no apologies called for. Would one apologize for saying that it's raining when it indeed is, in fact, raining?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

good way of putting it, kevin.

and it is frustrating the incredible level of political spin which seems out to get us nowhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

When I was a kid I'd find snapping turtles and keep them as pets. I bet that one was cute.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 am

Arlo Fanatic

wow! i guess maybe you had a pond or something.

he was cute though.