Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
sometimes sitting under the moon and stars and having a beer or two while listening to music induces my reality of choice

damnit i feel good in such an induced state

well that sounds pretty straight forward to me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
sometimes sitting under the moon and stars and having a beer or two while listening to music induces my reality of choice

damnit i feel good in such an induced state

well that sounds pretty straight forward to me

sometimes when i hear thunder crawl across the sky it comforts me

it ain't about destruction, but something about the rumbling tempers me ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD3MoZft6Dk

i like the rain, i hear the rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95rgM8xLLVo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
but the Gita was Gandhi's guide, his numero uno link to the the supreme manifestation
He would have understood (I guess)

was it really? or had he been trying to reconcile with something he had been brought up on?

I couldn't say what issues swirled about in Gandhi's head but from his communications to the world he said he meditated daily on the words of the Gita particularly when he needed guidance in his life. He was a strange bird that one. He saw the world, the whole, moment to moment as just one great manifestation of god. His god was very different than most gods. His was an ecumenical dream of a great awakening to the truth (not salvation but the truth). Not through preachers and not through proselytizing but through method. Everyone had to learn their way of communicating with god. His way of teaching people about god was to show them how he did it. Instead of a this is how you touch god he said this is how I touch god and it has made me content. Ultimately, his inability to recognize barriers (some would say barriers of ignorance and others may say barriers of necessity) is what killed him. I would recommend reading Gandhi's annotated Gita actually. Not for the Gita so much as for Gandhi's view, he was unique.

It's funny I pulled out some country music I hadn't listened to in years last night. Don't know why. Just doing one of those just see whats on the shelf and go for something I had not heard in awhile. An incredibly beautiful evening out and I had a beer (a Sculpin IPA, very good beer) and I was enjoying the evening and listening to some country music. I was thinking about Gandhi and this stuff. I just recently saw David Crosby in one of his solo shows (he seems in a good place now) and when he sang the song Laughing. So I am thinking about Gandhi, a song about the truth at last (or maybe not), listening to country music with a good beer. I know what you are thinking, TIME FOR EPIPHANY. Naturally, I thought about the Harvard Psychedelic Club. The Timothy Leary conversion from gin to LSD and the zeitgeist gatherings of Leary, Ram Dass, Huston Smith and Andrew Weil all seeing a great psychedelic portal to the truth. The great Gandhi shortcut. Then the country music started playing a song about a dancing bear. I looked at my lawn figurines there..Buddha, a flute playing frog, a guitar playing turtle and a Ganeesha with tablas and I was thinking to myself in the greatest cosmic manifestation of the truth that hay, I think I will have another beer and enjoy some more Earth evening for awhile. So as I was finishing my beer and getting up to go get another one when the country music began the story of two motorcycle ridesr eating pickles and giving the dancing bear LSD.

I just thought that was pretty weird although it may not be the truth?

I never liked that Bear Song that much, odd? I was to lazy to skip it and, there you go, EPIPHANY!
Who can figure?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

yeah, i'd never heard it before until you posted it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD3MoZft6Dk

i like the rain, i hear the rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95rgM8xLLVo

love the shoshone invocation.

the second one,,,whoa

time for a belly rub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP-UyzeyIWk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i don't know if it is it esoteric? i don't know if it is mundane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6megzXE6Yec

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis, i have still not got the gandhi annotated bhagavad gita, but that is the one i do want to look for.

it may sound crazy to some that i wouldn't know so very much about gandhi, (my impression is that very many others do)

but i have since read a little about gandhi and "the untouchables" something about him wanting to exorcise "untouchability"? still there was a conflict about this? between him and the "untouchables" ?

http://asianhistory.about.com/od/glossa ... -Dalit.htm

this doesn't really emphasize that, but still it is something along the way ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
heraclitis, i have still not got the gandhi annotated bhagavad gita, but that is the one i do want to look for.

it may sound crazy to some that i wouldn't know so very much about gandhi, (my impression is that very many others do)

but i have since read a little about gandhi and "the untouchables" something about him wanting to exorcise "untouchability"? still there was a conflict about this? between him and the "untouchables" ?

Liberation is a funny thing?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:17 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

Liberation is a funny thing?

yes a funny thing that they would not want to be liberated?

i thought that was a very interesting article in speaking about how that system worked

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:

i thought that was a very interesting article in speaking about how that system worked

Seems there are a lot of people don't want to be liberated to me. Why else would they cling to such stupid shit?

I don't know why the entire feminine islam population don't stand up and say fuck that shit! In fact, I don't understand why the women of the world don't generally stand up and say fuck that shit! I guess it is me?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

Seems there are a lot of people don't want to be liberated to me. Why else would they cling to such stupid shit?

I don't know why the entire feminine islam population don't stand up and say fuck that shit! In fact, I don't understand why the women of the world don't generally stand up and say fuck that shit! I guess it is me?

well you know i pointed out some of that kind of shit on here before a time or two, and there was a fight to try and marginalize it into oblivion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:

well you know i pointed out some of that kind of shit on here before a time or two, and there was a fight to try and marginalize it into oblivion

that said, are you saying that the dalits refers to only women? how do men fit into this picture? the article referred to the dalits as humans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:33 am

Arlo Fanatic

When I speak of men and women here I speak on a global scale.

Misogyny has been a way of life for so long it seems ingrained forever.There are places in the world today where the ability to determine a child's sex in utero has led to increased rates of abortion. Religion has always been a grand bastion of misogyny. Today the strength and beauty of the feminine form is worshiped openly in America yet we perpetuate a misogynist "role" for women in the world. We legislate and judicate in favor of religion over the liberties of women. A large percentage of woman support this "role" of woman in society. Woman generally foster this role to the point of characterization in popular culture (the Jewish or Catholic mother obsessing over ontogeny of religion or the protestant mother under the thumb of her husband).

In general, the role of men, just accept it as the way of the world...after all..it is good to be king!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtY5bv-oxLE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

yeah, when i was referring to the "untouchables" i hadn't had the men separated from it, and wanted to include them back into that discussion. i do appreciate what you were saying, though.

and your follow up post as well!

referring to the dalits, this clip says it pretty well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3XfjbwqC_g

this is not to downplay in any way the existence of misogyny! and yes, in a global context. as i said, i have pointed out some of that stuff on here before…..met with a lot of marginalizing. during some of it is when i discovered that song you just posted and i posted it.
yes, it is a deeply rooted and complex structure. an element i was getting from what was covered in the article i posted too. the video clip touches on some of that as well.