Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:54 am

Senior ArloNetizen

It came to my attention today that the average family in Russia may very well not have CD players. I am switching gears...going to see if there's a way to find out, then maybe concentrate more on cassette tapes. If I find out that tape players are also a rare thing there, I'm going to beging looking for people and companies to donate tape and CD players for these families. Knowing that there might be a tax demanded of these people on the players, I am going to contact the Red Cross and see if they can distribute them. Many of us (me included ) have an extra tape player hanging around the house that we could send. I'll find the easiest way to do it and let you know. Meanwhile, please let me know if you have a player you wouldn't mind parting with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:00 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Another Update:
Something fun....Duncan and I are working towards joining our kid group's voices on "This Little Light of Mine"....I'll record my bunch here, send it Duncan and he'll add his group to it. I am excited about that! It sure is fun to work together on a project like this!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 12:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Blunder on kitty! I'm glad you could put music to my words. It's also refreshing to see somebody, stick to the program. Like full tilt boogie. This will be neat, in many ways. Hearing this song will be differant for me, as the words I wrote went to the tune 'Cliche', by (Todd Rundgren). That would be plagerism. So the fact that those are 'my own words' and you could put a tune to them. Interesting. My mail comes at 4...lol

**Bumper I liked your words (poems, or songs)
and I guess ya know I wouldn't say that unless, I meant it!!!........Image

*carry-on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 1:23 pm

Thanks Rb! I appreciate that & yes I do know that. Isnt Kitty's drive & energy amazing?
I love her voice & guitar work too. It's a 1st for me to hear my words put to music!
Kitty has mentioned maybe creating a cd with proceeds going to Guthrie Center, of songs created soley by Blunderites!
This little on-line community can pull together for a common goal, I think that's great! forward on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 10:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks you guys for participating!!! I have never been a lyric master, I am a melody maker. I "feel" words...and it's very fun to be working with the good ones you guys have presented. The songs are grouping together well, each one a different feel, but full of strength and compassion. I'm lovin this!!

I wasn't able to put those tapes in the mail today, had a small emergency that took the #1 spot. I will put them in the mail first thing in the morning.
I got Duncan's CD in the mail today...it is WONDERFUL!!! I do think "Shine" will be sweet amongst the other songs. I'll add that song to the tape so you can begin to hear how this is all fitting together.
SilverJoe(I've got a Washburn) is supposed to be sending a tape, but he seems to be missing in action right now. We'll have to send out some recon...
Let's keep that Guthrie Center Fundraiser CD in mind.Wouldn't that be a BLAST!!!
Thanks, you guys...once again it just goes to show what wonderful things people can do when they work together. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 2:50 am

Do ya need folks to write songs for this? I can't sing but can play music. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 8:52 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl with the missing L,
the short answer is YES!
I have emailed you 3 times to get you to let me know how to send tapes of what we're doing to you, and if you go back a couple of pages you'll see that I explained to you the "what's" and "how's". If you can play, come join us!!! I need a way to send you what we're doing.
There's some good stuff happening here, and I think group participation is a magical way to jack up the energy of it all!! Not to mention a chance to develop tighter friendships by being focused on a project of service together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 1:32 am

Queen Kitty are you saying this "stuff" is just "good" and not great??? cause I think it is pritty great... (most of it any way)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 1:38 am

Sorry I haven't written back yet but I been so busy! Thanks for writing! Image I hope to answer son. FARMAID has me bus right now. But soon I'm sure... Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 1:42 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I got emails yesterday from Noah Paley and David Lamotte, both have put their music in the mail to me, should be able to start putting songs in some kind of order soon.

Anybody interested in cover artwork???
Ideas??
Let me know.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by kittywest on Sep 17, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 4:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

What can I say? It sounds great. Better than I had imagined....Like that Bumper's lyric's and the music most definately compliments them. All VERY good. Nice job Kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 10:08 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

What do you think of the music to your lyrics rbrown?? ("Long Ago and Far Away...One Big Land..")...does it sit okay with you? Let me know....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 10:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

'One Big Land' is a good title. I found your music to my words incredible. I like the melody, and I also love how you emphacized on the words, in all the right places. I might be 'predjudice' but I feel the words say allot. The fact that your music can make it mellow to the ears, might make people listen. All of these songs I've heard so far are great.

*Keep up the good work..EVERYBODY*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 11:25 am

Senior ArloNetizen

This project is really touching on so many levels.
* The obvious one, being that it hopefully will bring some comfort to these people, especially now, when there's no more news spotlight on them...they must be in the throws of terrible emptiness.
* The active "extra step" we are all taking to communicate feelings of compassion to strangers, realizing from the heart that they are members of our human family
* The exciting, loving communication between all of us who are working on this
* The effect on other's who are seeing that with a little effort we can "DO" something
* The inner art that is flowing from everybody participating
* The list goes on and on.

I'd say we're in the middle of something pretty special. Interesting how different "The Big Picture" looks from the inside of a loving lens. Thank you all for your input so far. I do believe we've got a strong group of friends here. Life is Good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 6:39 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Still looking for CD cover ideas...Anybody?
Any artists out there wanna give it a thought or two?