Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 12:55 am

BlunderVirgin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

I've never been a star, but I am a son. Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the twinkle in their eyes
Then a touch of the hand
To the swelling of her belly
To the day of your birth
When she held you in her arms
And together
They looked to the heavens
"Thank you God for own little piece of heaven. Thank you for our star."

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Kgirl9 on Nov 14, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 2:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

We saw the Roanoke Star (in Roanoke, VA) Sat nite & it was the first time I had seen it lit up at nite. Beautiful! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 1:01 pm

Star light star bright, first star i see tonight/wish i may wish i might, have the wish i wish tonight....

It has been many years since i've seen stars unencumbered by city lights. It is a goal though, like many others I have. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 9:55 pm

When I was first a star was when I got in to the "ag" program at school... now the only reason I say that is because it was an "I told you so" moment!!!! I had been tested three years in a row and each year I didn't get it! So when the "ag" teacher told me I got in.... because of my eog grade I felt like ha ha ha See I told you nanananabooboo I was right you were wrong!!!!
but seince then my STAR moment was when I was pulling into Nathen and Beckys little yard and walking up to Nathens door... my heart jumped out of my body and it hit me right then..Image.. I was actually there!!! It wasn't a dream!!!! (although I am haveing seconed thoughts about that) I had a wide wide grin on my face because it was like WOW!!! I am soooooo lucky to be meeting thease people!!!! I can't believe it still how wonderfull they are!!!!!!!! Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 9:57 pm

Oh and when My face is the brighest... and my heart is the lightest is when I get my notes from wesely... thank you!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 10:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Nathen on Nov 16, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2000 7:14 pm

satrday I was Babysiting two little boys... one is 6 and Named Tylaor and one is 20 months and Named Noah.... I was laying on the couch with Tylaor and Noah was walking around the room like linas from peanuts cartoon... anyways after a while Noah came and put his blanket over me and tryed to give me his passey... I thought it was so cute!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 11:31 pm

Out of all the times that my grin gets the bigest... and I think "oh I really do matter" things like that... I'll have to say that waching the sunset with a friend is the best thing in the world (yes better than Ben & Jerrys Ice cream)!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 6:28 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Once,when Arlo was talking about Steve Goodman and the story about the City of New Orleans, he also added a part about how it is important that we get the chance to meet our "heros", the people who have guided us from afar.That it is important that we each keep in mind that we need to try to offer the same "meeting" to people who may hold us as heros.
This past week, as I joined Xavier on vocals and guitar for several songs, I had one of those revelation moments...singing "This Land Is Your Land" with Woody's grandson, in 5 part harmony with the band, The Garden Song with Arlo's son, City of New Orleans, Stealin',...How can I begin to say what it meant to me? There we were, surrounded by the kids I've taught "Guthrie" to for years, sharing with them our own historic event.
It was a moment of Past, Present and Future coming together in sound. I am still blown away by the beauty of it all.
I was so proud to show Abe that these kids know the importance of his heritage, and how it has become our heritage too. The kids sang along with us and one came up and sang part of The Garden Song on stage...she being a child who aches to play the bass guitar, now has somemore positive incentive. Another child, in 1st grade has been playing guitar for a year. He stood there, wide-eyed hanging on every note that Tim and Randy played. Getting to talk with them afterwards also reinforced his young musical passion.
For several days here, heros were everywhere, and we all were one great big shining star!!