Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:08 am

"Wow, that is a nifty, thrifty, well over fifty or mare colorful and wonderful thing," burped Ron (It was the un-yuhn reens ya know - as good as they are or should I say were or should I say thank you to agnes -"Thank you to agnes!")

"Aye, tis that," gurgled Graham in his best English farmer voice.

"It's my favorite color, rainbow that is," offered Ron. "They're all so nice I just can't choose." Then tipping the Jones for a swig he continued, "You're the bestest of the bestest and that's not to mention the yummy vittles you have here in the restaurant. I simply will have to make it a regular stop when I'm back this way. I simply must..." his voice trailed off as he took agnes' hand and, with a smile, gave it a kiss as any gentleman might do at a time like this or that or the other time and space has no ending nor beginning, but simply is and as you will see it can be quite the other way around and around she goes and where she shops nobody throws a ball the way that you do, let's go Zal.

The room applauded and the folks in the restaurant did too. Agnes did blush amd said, "Well that's all good and well, but I'm against busing tables. I think to obtain edible equality it's wrong to move them all over the place. Besides it's the taxpayers money anyway after all..." and thus started another hour at the restaurant and everyone there knew why they kept coming back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well agnes was reluctant to say another word after that. would reluctant be sufficient enough a word, being as how it's nearly a year later? she considered ron's appearance a rare and sweet surprise and wanted it to remain right where it was a while...is that so wrong? i miss you ron!
but as with so many folks, there's a lot to do! what with the upcoming arrival of gnomes and faeries this time of year, agnes hoped to have a bit of familiarity to offer them during their annual migration westward. wine berries and 'shrooms were well established, and plenty of springtime blooms would soon help in providing them with the feel of home.
she thought back to her first encounter...from her kitchen, the dance of a dozen faeries in the flowerbed just outside the window. she never saw them clearly, but the flowers bending in tandem was unmistakable. the excitement she felt would last all day...but who to tell? surely it would be dismissed as daffy.
(just recently she shared her secret, and it wouldn't be in vain...what a gift! a very rare gift indeed...)
...and now, late at night before she goes to bed, agnes puts her ear to the floor to see if she can hear the low soft rumble of a thousand faeries bringing with them the arrival of spring...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

as strange as it was to come here and find this here larry, thanks again for giving me my own place to play in.

(edited to add) ...

hi ron!!!

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by agnes on Jun 18, 2006 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

larry i did see your post before it disappeared!

i was amazed to find all this stuff over here.

(i think dave's hat is magic!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

it seems almost funny sometimes to watch as dividing lines thread their way through in a step by step predictable way. why i always seem compelled to test the direction must come from some sort of hope or belief that people (on some level) could see each other as fellow human beings divided neither by race (etc etc) or gender (that one there is a trick too!). to see a person beyond their race AND their gender? i suppose growing up as a bit of a tomboy may have helped to blur those lines a bit for myself. as a teenager i recall a friend who was not only male but also around ten years older than me and we were good friends!...loads of laughs, we would wander around the city...i suppose that i should point out that he was a little gay :)...but i wasn't, and none of that mattered to me...not his gender, not his gay-ness (is that how you say it?), blah blah blah...and it was mutual, i know this...i experienced it! what mattered to me is that we had fun and trust and respect for each other. it was honest and real. we were probably a sight sometimes sure enough though... (oh the assumptions people could make! but i wasn't aware of any)
anyway maybe it is because of that and my "skewed" view on things that i still believe that friendship is a *possibility* with just about anyone (so long as they are not out to hurt you of course) but you know what i mean! (and even i know that a good friend isn't something that just happens along every day)
most of my friendships nowadays are really pretty casual, but still, they are friends...
i was reading over on psb's thread about he and his friend pete...sounds like they got something pretty special.

anyway..."what it all boils down to,
is that i haven't got it figured out just yet..." hand in my pocket---alanis

and..."if you're confused check with the sun,
carry a compass to help you along." stand---rem

i am a bit sleep deprived, so cut me a little slack woncha?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

slack cut. .....wadda ya want me to do with the left over pieces?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

How bout making a quilt? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i go' new bwanki...zzzzzzzzz...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:15 pm

As time would have it (and it certainly does) it had passed into many intervening yars. The stranger Ron, feelingas peckish as he ever had or ever could had wandered back into Agnes' after a delightful walk about.

"Gracious and if I may, I'd really appreciate a tall glass of cool (so coo coolin' me) water," he said in a breathless sort of way that some found extremely aggravating while steel otters flown over the hills and up to just about everywhere.

"Well, ya gotta buy somethin' if ya wants some water," spoke the ruff and ready waitra-dee.

"No need," said a soft voice quite forcefully as though the one who spoke it was in charge. And she was (drifting through the backyard, and she was taking off her dress, and she was moving very slowly, rising up above the earth...)

Last edited by Ron on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

ron!!!!
here is a cool glass of water for you...or a jones' soda upsidedown thingy if'n you want?

it is so good to see you!! (you nut!)

(takes one to know one) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:43 pm

"I am not knowing these things," burbled Rashid.

"I am thanking you for the water if you are knowing where I am meaning," burpled Ron being highly influenced by Rashid. Snapping back into the where and how he continued, "My Landy, it has been a longer time than I had ever expected. And laying my eyes upon you and the old place is shirley (don't call me that) a sight for these eyes to be laid upon."

"There, there, maybe you should just sip that water til you've been revitalized," responded Agnes in a deeply concerned way.

All of the sudden someone in the corner yells out "Kalhoun!"

"What do you think that's all about?" queried agnes to no one in particular.

"It's just a sacred kind of thing," proposed Ron sipping as instructed so as not to be alarming.

Last edited by Ron on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

A small blond woman, sporting fringed gloves and western garb, strode into Agnes'. Her horse was just outside the door, looking in wistfully at the interior of the restaurant.

"I hear you've got some pretty good food in this place." commented the stranger. "What do you recommend?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:54 am

Arlo Fanatic

"déjà vu..." agnes was doing her best to climb out of her thoughts but was so deeply immersed she could barely respond to the woman who now stood before her wondering what would be good to eat, and she wanted to respond! agnes looked toward the woman and ever so lightly touched her hair...she took the woman by the hand and together they went into the kitchen...it was a real kitchen! with shelves full of pantry items and cooking utensils hanging overhead..."this place never ceases to amaze me..." agnes thought aloud, "are you hungry?" the woman nodded and said, "this is one of the most unconventional restaurants i have ever been to..."
"oh!!" it was as though a big light switch had been turned on in agnes' head, "right...that 'restaurant' part always seems to confuse people...of course i do have some pancakes here...and some tea...and....wow! here is some coffee...wonder what it is in the fridge...?"

today only!

fresh baked loaves of oatmeal molasses bread (with whipped butter)

and fresh made lentil stew!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'll have a bloody mary please...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

The countenance of Annie O (as such she had been known in the past) brightened. She dashed out to her horse (stopping to give her mount water and oats), then pulled something from her saddlebags, and dashed back into the kitchen with a bottle of ... Cap'n Zap and Linda's Famous Maple Mead. "Now we have a meal fit for queens!" she cried.