Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

when friends come for saturday night
man lets mix up some sangria wine
its organic and it comes from the vine
its also legal and it gets you so high

I love that sangria wine, love to drink with old friends of mine
Ya i love to get drunk with friends of mine, when we are drinking that old sangria wine

(is any body going to San Antone)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i started posting here to soul search at a time when there seemed to be no soul left anywhere. Good or bad, i dumped ideas, thoughts and feelings and i guess i suppose there are those who wished i hadn't. I guess i was looking for that nostalgic feeling that came from resisting what i felt to be stupidity along time ago. Back then there seemed to be layers of stupidity as there is today but i felt there was probably a cosmic truth that would eventually reach everybody and all would work out in the end. In todays world there just seems to be layer after layer of stupidity. The only redeming value is that those i know, for the most part, still seem to be good people, some in my opinion misguided, some not. It is a funny world i suppose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

psb, some things of what you put down here were easy (in a sense) to read...certain some things were damned hard to read...i thought wow! where in his heart is that coming from? i don't know. but, ironic as it may be, or may sound or whatever, i didn't mind your postings here..i can't quite put my finger on it. i didn't always agree with your ideas, or even with my impression of what you may have thought my ideas were, but... (what's really going to make no sense, here, because i'm not sure how to say it) what i got from your postings went beyond the posts themselves...

anyhow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

"A spiritually complacent Western church seems unaware or in denial regarding the twin threats to the future of civilization-radical Islam and secular humanism." Recent propaganda I was exposed to from Charisma, a radical Christian publication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

Secular humanism is a humanist philosophy that upholds reason, ethics, and justice and specifically rejects rituals and ceremonies as a means to affirm their life stance. Humanism is a broad category of active ethical philosophies that affirm the dignity and worth of all people, based on the ability to determine right and wrong by appeal to universal human qualities—particularly rationality, common history, experience, and belief.

Just want everybody to be clear about this threat to civilization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

As with adherents of other fundamentalist movements, Islamic fundamentalists hold that the problems of the world stem from secular influences. Further, the path to peace and justice lies in a return to the original message of Islam, combined with a scrupulous rejection of all Bid'ah ("innovation") and perceived anti-Islamic traditions.
Islamic fundamentalism's push for Sharia and an Islamic State has come into conflict with conceptions of the secular, democratic state, such as the internationally supported Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This conflict centers on following issues:
· rejection of the priority of universal rights and civil law upon religious group rights and religious law, and more specifically
· rejection of the equality of men and women (i.e. they are unequal in specific aspects like how they think and act but are still equal overall)
· rejection of the separation of "church" and state;
· rejection some of religious rights, such as the right of Muslims to leave the religion, while the right to be a non-Muslim in Muslim lands is still allowed.
As a result of this sharp conflict, many doubt whether fundamentalist Islam is compatible with modern liberal democratic states.

These definitions and propaganda’s and declarations demonstrate that it is possible for radical fundamentalist (and not so radical fundamentalist), Judeo-Christian-Islamic, any two or more of the big three there, can agree (yes they can agree, I didn’t stutter there) that they all need to pray to there particular flavor of God that I, the secular humanist, the Godless creature that I am, who for years has been content to live my life in a world of religious and philosophical tolerance and freedom (that means I don’t care what you think and do as long as you don’t care what I think and do as long as we live together in peace and harmony, even if you like to kiss a member of the same sex or have different colored skin or different shaped eyes or moles on your toes, oh my God that is revulsionvic revolution if I ever heard it), free of aggression and in harmony, am the representative here on Earth of the fall of man and the end of civilization as we know it. No, but wait, there is more, not only do I represent the ultimate downfall of man and the end of civilization as we know it, but my soul is damned by those very people that think this of me, damned to hell, eternal hell, so that some day in the future their God will be sitting there having a cold beer looking down upon my cursed soul and saying burn baby burn, occasionally pouring a bit of God’s on Ale into the fire to scald the meat from my bones as I continually char broil with no end in sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i wonder how many people know or remember who they (or others) really are, beyond the labels...which too often are relied on as show of proof enough that they are the ones who are good and right..

whether it's the publishers of the "charisma" literature or anyone else, what's this person really about beyond their label (or proclaimed life stance)? that's usually what i'm left to wonder...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I am beginning to feel traumatized!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
I am beginning to feel traumatized!

Hehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I signed up for a free yrs subscription to Charisma. Can't afford to pay for it. It's run out now so I have no idea what they are saying these days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:02 am

Arlo Fanatic

I was listening to some JuJu this morning, (Sunny Ade) dancin brain to the cosmic pedal steel and talking drums and all and i thought of these introspections from the religious repertoire

Wings of Desire
By a thirteenth century Sufi saint

People are distracted by objects of desire
And afterwards repent of the lust they have indulged
Because they have indulged with a phantom
And are left even farther from reality than before
Your desire for the illusory is a wing
By means of which a seeker might ascend to reality
When you have indulged a lust, your wing drops off;
You become lame and that fantasy flees.
Preserve the wing and don’t indulge such lust
So that the wing of desire might bear you to paradise
People fancy they are enjoying themselves
But they are really tearing out their wings
For the sake of an illusion

Some words from Ecclesiastes
A rich Jewish philosopher from around 350BC

Of revelry I said, “its mad!”
Of merriment, “What good is that?”

I ventured to tempt my flesh with wine, and to grasp folly, while letting my mind direct with wisdom, to the end that I might learn which of the two was better for men to practice in their few days of life under heaven.

After the experiment our hero states:

And so I loathed life. For I was distressed by all that goes on under the sun, because everything is futile and pursuit of wind.

Then there is some discussion of the folly and futility of collecting material wealth with the probability of passing it on to a moron who will just piss it all away anyway (I guess he was disappointed in his off spring) and so he ends in a contradiction to our Islamic saint:

There is nothing worthwhile for a man but to eat and drink and afford himself enjoyment of his means. For even that comes from God.

After a few times for (At time for tearing down and a time for building up) we get the final resolution:

Thus I realized that the only worthwhile thing there is for them is to enjoy themselves and do what is good in their lifetime; also, that whenever a man does eat and drink and get enjoyment from his wealth, it is a gift of God.

Slept good last night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.littlestevensundergroundgara ... ators.html

just because it defines a time
crank it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well good day, bushy tail!

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

what a lovely smile you have!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i was watching that special on Townes, the crazy Texan who pushed life to far and I scratched a line here and there as I watched it and this is what was on the page at the end of the show, so save a prayer for lefty too! and with these words do what you want too!

The other day, I was lost in my dreams
Of another sunrise, I was in the queue
Prone to fits of impatience in
The event, that I would be delayed in getting to
A place I would just a soon never go!
Lost in my own dreams as were my compatriots
On the asphalt column, I became enchanted
By the reflections of the sun
A thousand greens, tempered and shaded
Hues of blues reds and whites, the colors
Life expanding by the fire of the sun
The water rising through root and stem