Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Would you like to see a forum specifically as outlined below?
Yes 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Guitar Pickers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:04 pm

The W!zard

Since we have a forum for trading shows... and one of the next biggest areas of the site which people seem to enjoy quite a bit is the tablature... got me to thinking...

Would people be interested in a forum for discussing / working out tablature /chords etc. for guitar, piano, whatever? It would pretty much be limited to Arlo & Woody's music, or songs that they have performed... But it would allow a specific place for these types of discussions, as well as adding more valuable content to the site.

I know there are quite a few people out there who are pickers...

Please respond to the poll above... and if your answer is yes, give us an idea for the forum name here! Also, post here to let us know if you'd be willing to moderate such a forum.

Last edited by Dave on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:26 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Maybe How's It Go?.

kurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:45 pm

The W!zard

If such a forum seems viable... which it certainly does to me - judging by the "My Peace" topic... I would recommend a structure to it...

I see 2 types of posts mainly... requests & works.

In a work topic, the first post would be the actual tablature, chords, whatever... Discussion would follow... and the original post edited as the topic progressed (making alterations and additions). Of course, the topic poster would be in charge of that. That way, the most current version would always be the first post - and make it easy to move into the tablature once people agreed it was pretty much a completed work.

In addition, if this forum is created, I'd be looking for a volunteer moderator for the forum... one with knowledge of this stuff (it's all beyond me). The moderator would make sure the discussion stayed on topic, and that the forum rules/structure as outlined above were adhered to. Said moderator would need to be someone willing to check all new posts in the forum at least a few times a week... if not daily.

These rules / structure are not set in stone, and suggestions are welcome - but I'd like to have the suggestions before / and if the forum is created. That way an announcement with them could be posted right from the creation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:15 pm

The W!zard

One other idea... maybe this forum could be broadened a bit... to include requests and works for simply lyrics as well - since I get quite a few requests for those as well... and it seems to logically fit in a forum like this. Of course the chords and tab include lyrics...

Why not use a forum to not only increase the site content but also to take some of those requests out of my e-mail... lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Whatever makes it easier on the W!z. I know all about emails. That's why I have 3 mail-boxes.....

Play that tune! ( too simple )

Or the combined effort, with Kurt. How's that go? ( play that tune )

Just tryin to help Dave......

Just a suggestion.... No to be a pain.... We need more contest around here. Whatever happened to ' where were they'???? Sorry if it was all posted and stuff, winners announced, and I happened to miss it all.....

Like can be like that Beatle song.... ' In my Life ' aka: shit happens..

Piece out/ RB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:01 am

The W!zard

Ok, a little disappointed with the turnout on this topic... and a little suprised even... too strict, not enough interest? Frankly, I think it's worth doing anyway, maybe I should just set it up for a trial basis and see what happens... But if people think it's a bad idea, or maybe too restrictive, go ahead and let me know.

This site is for the fans... you guys help shape it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:15 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sorry, Dave. I didn't see this topic until just now. I like the idea. I'm not musical in the least, don't play any instruments and still don't know what a "tab" is, but I think it's a great idea!

As for lyrics, there's already a section for lyrics... how about if you (or a volunteer... ME???) keeps it updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:30 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Oh, herding cats is always tough. :)

Working on tabs is a spur of the moment kinda thing for me. I need a song for the hoot and this one fits the other ones. Or I really really really want to be able to sing this song.

Having a special place for working on tabs is a great idea. Leaving it in with the rest means it falls off the page at some point which is unfortunate. Don't know how busy it will be though. Flurries of activity but mostly just sitting there I expect.

kurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:24 pm

I think it is a good idea. From what I can tell, the tablature section deals mainly with guitar chord. The sheet music section also seems to be for guitar. I like to try things on the piano (not usually well) but piano chords and/or music would be nice to have. From your description of the forum, this sounds like the type of discussion that would take place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:28 am

Arlo Fanatic

I like the idea too. Sorry to respond so late, didn't see it til now. though I'll probably just be a reader. I'm not as talented as the rest of you, so it's more of playing around for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

You're asking musicians to follow guidelines and rules...it's the same as herding cats. Run away, run away!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:24 am

The W!zard

It lives... :)