Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

kah! sheeii!! mate!

i am going to have to catch up on these clips tomorrow...and i am not complaining!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

humans are an expressive bunch, We walked away from East Finchley toward Tufnell Park and Charlies Budget Hotel and I can't remember how far we walked but the midnight air felt good. I think we eventually hit a bus stop and got on the N5 south and wandered through Tufnell park a bit looking for a KaBob Shop (thank God we didn't find one) and I recall falling in bed sort of. but I got up OK and stumbled down to my Lithuanian Lady and drank a pitcher of tang and JB was there as we were coming to for the big day there. I tried to add them up, so many pints. we were rambling about things when the old man from Cypress asked which part of England we were from. "we are from the States". He said, "the States (thinking a second), your president has really made a mess, he is no good" we smiled and I reached for that good instant coffee and put some brown sauce on me eggs or something and he said "that Roosevelt, now he was a good president (this guy was pretty old I guess)" and I said "ya, now he knew how to approach a war and people who acted without reason (smiling my best big old grin)" and he said "Kennedy might have been a good one but he died young" and JB said how he was in school when the nuns came in crying when Kennedy got shot and the old man said "so you are Catholic?" and Jim said yes and the old man thought a second his head kind of nodding and his eyes reflecting into his brain then suddenly coming to he said "well that is alright, your Pope is going to Turkey" and JB said "well I hope something good comes from that!" and Pete popped in and said in his Welsh brogue ,"Good Morning Everyone!" and I wished I had some grits to help me eat those eggs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjt448tcxcs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i thought i was hearing a little of born to be wild in the 20th century man clip, during the slide thing i think...maybe i just imagined it

jimi hendrix referenced strangers in the night in his wild thing cover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:33 am

Arlo Fanatic

I am not even sure what a welfare state is
There are bureaucracies everywhere you go these days
I thought we were controlled by religion
Are they the people dressed in grey?

Paranoid…yes..
Schizoid…yes
Product of the 20th century…yes..

As a culture which is the most schizoid?

America? Cuba? The UK? France? Germany? Russia? Saudi Arabia? Israel? Yemen? Iraq? Persia? India? Malaysia? Japan? Korea?

As a culture which is the most paranoid?

America? Cuba? The UK? France? Germany? Russia? Saudi Arabia? Israel? Yemen? Iraq? Persia? India? Malaysia? Japan? Korea?

I mean, didn’t Billy Shakes live during a religious Jihad period complete with massively destructive terrorist acts and with unpopular wars with mass conscription of the “lower classes” ?

IN reality, aren’t we are all supposed to occupy our allocated spaces as part of the great utilatariate?

I was listening to a debate over the economy and how it was growing last year and I thought to myself exactly who is it growing for? I mean what percentage of America can’t afford health care little alone worry about investments. How much of that growth is do to the shucking of health and retirement programs by corporations as well as the transfer of jobs into the global market designed to ensure equity in low wage incomes throughout the world? Why do people who believe in religion proclaim the world would be full of torture and murder if they were successful in teaching their followers hatred and division?

Just curious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i appreciate what you're saying.
and i understand there are a lot of people who have and do qualify their actions of hatred with righteous (religion centered) reasons of some kind or other. but i still can't help but wonder what reasons some other somebody(s) would come up with to qualify/inspire hatred and division with some other (non religion centered) brand of superiority.

just about anything has the potential to divide

now what

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:14 am

Arlo Fanatic

how about socioethnoreligiocentric confused destructionism

that covers about any of the basic reasons why people divide humans into us and them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvRyGozg ... ed&search=

You know I heard on the NPR this morning about the Iranian dude going to the central and south american recently elected leftest countries and having an anti US lovefest while the educated Iranians are doing all they can to leave Iran and GW is doing all he can in his final few days to F@#* everything up by encouraging hatred against US! I understand when Ortega or Chavez or one of those guys said something about death to American empirialism the Iranians mistook it for death to America and cheered.

Now of course America is primarily composed of people, everybit as confused as everywhere else, who are just as much victims of "empiracalism" as anyone else. I mean you hear of free market capitalism creating a utilitarian place where one, no matter at what level, can become comforted as a contributor. But then again, its not free market because the rules change when you cross borders and before you know there is peddlers and peddling of influence and blah blah blah.... but as Ray (and Dave and the boys) have pointed out the welfare state even in a fairly democratic and capitalistic envirion is not quite the answer either but then again Iran just wants to kill America.....I know I go on and on about this but religions governments and politicos are all full of S@#*, and I don't see any means of communication between people that could sort that out. I mean the common people. American Folk songs don't get there, I mean you know, Woody was somewhat effective until the curtain fell because he spoke to an audience that he came from, those affected the same as he was, he was one of the folk. But I nor Woody nor any of the US people whom don't care a damn about politicos and hatred and stuff are not Iranian or Iraqian or any of those isms so far away that we can speak at a level that keeps the politicians and the priests and stuff out of the way of communicating. I am just ventin here! I do that! Sorry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i'm not sure this post will go through but...

i (for one) am glad you're here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vb0Mu0m ... ed&search=

you know I wish we could communicate all of us everywhere, that babble thing in the bible is the one thing that was right on! you know that whole divide and conquer, why do Earthmen insist on that game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NoYjkOSYBw

of course as the Kinks are quintessentially english the dead are quinteseentially american

Does God look down on the boys in the Bar room?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUMEiHcdcDc

this one always brings a tear

I go to places like muswell hill

i went to okemah and greenwich village and stuff to get the haunt

once I went to paradise down in muhlenberg county
ever been there?
hell the air smelt like snakes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:23 am

Arlo Fanatic

i see what you mean...don't know whether to cry or laugh.

"big door prize"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

or maybe I will go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

okay!!
be in touch??

(and have fun!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

just for fun (serious business)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hfB0q_BJLxU

more (i couldn't help it)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vqJR5aPzucc

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.