Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:17 am

The Folkslinger

Pretty soon we head out on the road again. It's been an amazing year so far with Abe, Sarah Lee, Johnny and Gordon doing the Guthrie Family Legacy Tour. The Legacy train pulls into the last station May 13th In Black Mountain, NC. It's been more than wonderful working with everyone for the past year. Abe and Gordon have been with me now for a long, long time doing more gigs than I can remember. It'll be quite a change when we pick up our marbles and go our separate ways. I don't know if we have enough good recordings from the tour to come out with a CD but Abe will be going through what we have. I know there are some tapes floating around, hopefully everyone who wants to, has heard one of the gigs.

It seems like just yesterday we were beginning the Alice 40th Anniversary Tour with The Mammals. Time is going by pretty quickly. Now, we're on the last 8 weeks of this one. The concert seasons still confuse me... Beginning as they do in June and ending in May. I'm still working in a calendar year mindset. Hard for an old dog to learn new tricks I guess. But, I just wanted to let everyone who visits us here at arlo.net that we do appreciate all the support we've been getting to make all these tours successful.

See you somewhere...
adg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Thanks for keeping us informed, Arlo :D I had fun those two nights this past November in Storrs, CT, very memorable and happy you and your family came close to my home. Time sure flies when you are having fun as a matter of fact my first show was with the Mammals nearly two years ago, after the first time seeing you I got blown away. I wish money grew on trees so that most of us could go to every Family Legacy Show to give mega support. In the future if some rocket scientist is smart enough to invent a money tree :) I can't wait for your solo reunion tour that should be fun 8)
See ya this Spring!
Peace,
Lorie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:31 pm

Hi Guthrie's,

Thank you!!! My husband and two sons - ages 23 and 9 - and I went to the Gainesville, FL show in early February. We are still walking around humming Arlo & family tunes. Since that night, we have talked to a couple of dozen people who would have loved to have seen the show but didn't hear about it. We're hoping that next time on the road for you will include another Gainesville (University of Florida campus) show. It truly was one of the best nights we've ever had! We greatly admire the legacy of the Guthrie family - may it go on and on and on! Thanks again Arlo for signing my shirt/shoulder. I still sing the motorcycle pickle song to the boys when I give them a pickle! Always will! Thanks again. Ellen

Hey, I just posted this and the site referred to me as "blundervirgin" where did that come from????? It certainly isn't my nick name. I think "a coupol 'o years too young for woodstock" would be more appropriate for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site. Yeah you get the term blundervigin when youa re newere to posting on the site & the nickname changes after you've posted a number of times on here.

Hey Ar have a great time at home & one the new tour! We've have had fun seeing all the tours. Who is coming on the new tour? Just wondering. Peace & God Bless & have a groovy day! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:28 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I'm just glad you came to Germany and wouldn't mind a bit if you'd do that with every new tour. :)

Post subject: See you somewhere**
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Are you from the land of OZ? Somewhere over the rainbow?

Andrea Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:24 pm

ArloNetizen

I'm a bit confused by Arlo's post.

Quoth Arlo:
Quote:
Abe and Gordon have been with me now for a long, long time doing more gigs than I can remember. It'll be quite a change when we pick up our marbles and go our separate ways.

Arlo, are saying that, after May, you're not going to be touring with Abe and Gordon anymore?

If so, I didn't know that was happening. I've had the pleasure of attending about 10 or 12 shows in the last 7 years. Abe and Gordon were always standard fixtures. It will be sad to me if you stop touring together. I'm going to really regret having missed the shows I couldn't make last year.

And, without Abe, who's going be there to fix all the electrical stuff that goes wrong?

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

ADG:

Are you planning on hibernating in the Berkshire Mountains? Or flying solo somwhere over the rainbow?

What do you mean?---clarify yourself? You can't walk out on Abe and Gordon and the rest of the band! To me you are like Springsteen and Bruce without the "E" Street band just isn't the same song to be sung etc.

Bruce is super alone but with the E Street band is TERRIFIC. Same for you with the rest of the band~~~~~

Police Navidad*** :roll:

Andrea Jackson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Andrea Jackson wrote:

What do you mean?---clarify yourself? You can't walk out on Abe and Gordon and the rest of the band! To me you are like Springsteen and Bruce without the "E" Street band just isn't the same song to be sung etc.

....just like an Oreo cookie without the middle or Chips Ahoy without the chocolate chips :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

I think Arlo is perfectly able to entertain a crowd all by himself...it's not the Oreos without the middles, it's the whole pristine package of thin mint Girl Scout cookies, with lots of potential for fun and great times to be shared by all. Just think of it as a reunion tour, with his original 1969 band...himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

We'll take Arlo anyway we can get him solo or with the others. :) We will miss Abe & Gordon. They were like family...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:22 am

The Folkslinger

I am reminded of the quote from the old RBR: Irv asks "Who will be with you on your solo tour?" You gotta love it... Expand the schedule for more info on the upcoming gigs. There's a lot there (at times). adg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

With questions like that, I'm kinda shocked that fox news has not offered Irv an anchor position by now.

Nothing like a solo reunion tour!

It also reminds me of something that gave me a chuckle a few years ago at our local coffeehouse when one of the members of "Woods Tea Company"( a band out of vermont) told the crowd from the stage that he heard a rumor that Bob Dylan was getting back together again.:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:35 am

Hello

I am writing from the far far east.

In the late 60s I heard Alice's Restaurant and Comin' into Los Angeles. Loved them totally. These were taught to my sons who are now 25 and 21. The Motorsickel song was only JUST introduced to me by my second son, Nick, who is hoping eventually to study in Berklee.

Just finding the time to get back to the 60s head.

So grateful for all the awakenings and the new awakenings

Love

De x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome to the site! Hopefully you'll be able to get more records of his & be able to enjoy the songs... :)