Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 am

Arlo,

I think it's a good thing you are excited about this. It's good for you and probably a lot better for the environment than factory farming and ranching. Sometimes alternatives don't sit well with people because they are afraid of change. My sisters dog was on deaths door according to the traditional vets so she took him to a Holistic vet and now her dog is doing well and can walk again. The traditional vet had said they could do nothing more for him and that he would never walk again.

as the old advertisment went "Try it you might like it!"

See you at the Woody Guthrie Festival in July!

Guy Zahller
Aptos, CA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'd try anything once! The good usually outweighs the bad...

Man that new drug Flomax, missed it's calling, by not getting a handle on that name, Frequency.... (sp.ck) .... Altho I don't forsee the side effects of Flomax. I don't need the drug, so I obviously don't take it. But it's right up there with the commercials, e.p. this drug will save yu from this and that, but the side effects are such, you just might get some leakage.....

It's been my experience Organic is mostly always good.... Not that I'm a true follower of such..... ( as I should be )

Good luck, Arlo & Jackie! And everyone else too.... Heres to your health...

P.S. It's sincerely disspointing, to hear of new drugs, that are supposed to fix ailments one has. Your hopes shoot up, and one speculates, finally a drug that is tailor made for me. I can conquer the world. ONLY to learn in about 45 seconds time, that the side effects may far out wiegh benefits of said drug.

P.S. ps: Fitzy does that come in a 40 proof...... ( kidding a kidder)

Peace and good health abound
Rob :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:44 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Arnie wrote:
i must admit i was intrigued, but i'm rather cautious these days about anything 'new' and untested... So have there been any scientific, independent studies done on this stuff to verify the claims being made... it is one of those products that flies under the FDA radar, which may or may not be a good thing. I mean, eating a box of chonklit makes me feel good too, but ultimately there's a price to pay for it...

I kind of agree. Shall we stick with maple syrup until we get a full report from everyone??

sue, I agree about the reversing menopause thang.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

I think some supposedly tried and tested drugs are given out waaay too freely...the doctors seem to think that everyone needs to be on statins for lowering their cholesterol levels. I've been put on every statin drug there is...and every time, within a week or so I end up with joint and muscle pain so bad that just walking to my mailbox was a slow, painful ordeal. I think I have the doctor convinced I can't tolerate statins..but every visit, she tries to add one. Statins are also liver-toxic. Hmmmm...
Before I started taking insulin,I was put on an oral drug for diabetes. It made me retain enough water to put me into congestive heart failure last August. It was also liver-toxic. Luckily, the symptoms went away when I stopped taking the drug. And all these meds I've had side effect problems with, the FDA approved.

You CAN tell your doctor "NO!!!" I've done it.

I get to have more blood work done in about 6 weeks...it will be interesting to see if the FrequenSea makes a difference anywhere.

There's absolutely nothing in the list of ingredients in the FrequenSea that I'm worried about. I don't think it's going to hurt me. It might help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

Bobbi2 wrote:
I kind of agree. Shall we stick with maple syrup until we get a full report from everyone??

sue, I agree about the reversing menopause thang.

:lol:

I like the idea of the maple syrup! That's my kind of Health Food!

I wish sue and arlo and others good luck and best of health. I'll wait and watch here on the sidelines a little while longer. I've always been skeptical of new drugs, additives, miracle cures, etc. I'm more a believer in diet and exercise to regulate most of what can ail us... and my only true drug of choice these days is Advil. And even that's gotten a bad rap now!
I don't say the FDA is perfect, far from it, but without their oversight, we'd be bombarded with false medicines and snake oil salesmen like you couldn't imagine. uhh... actually, we already are, so imagine it worse than it is now!! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I mean it's whale food! What's the worst thast could happen? You may get chased around by some guys named either Ahab or Rueben?( You could always bite off one of thier legs if they caught you) You may have an urge to ram a ship named The Pequad with your head? You may go to the record store and stock up on " Moby" records? You may go around humming the tune "Baby Beluga" to yourself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I suppose I could be mistaken for a beached whale...if I snoozed on a beach!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
I mean it's whale food! What's the worst thast could happen? You may get chased around by some guys named either Ahab or Rueben?( You could always bite off one of thier legs if they caught you) You may have an urge to ram a ship named The Pequad with your head? You may go to the record store and stock up on " Moby" records? You may go around humming the tune "Baby Beluga" to yourself?

Oh god no!!!!!!! I think I finally got that song outta my head just a few weeks ago! and that's since the kids were 6!!!!!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Now I got the Baby Beluga song in my head ever since I watched that Full House episode when it first aired on prime time :roll: It was the eppy where Michelle was playing the song over and over on her tape player for two weeks and suddenly Baby Beluga got sick(the tape broke) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

What's the worst that could happen? Are you kidding?

1. You could get harpooned by a bunch of Japanese guys.

2. You could get indigestion after making a meal of Jonah.

3. You could get mistaken for Oprah (the "before" Oprah).

4. You might wind up at some theme park in Orlando and have to spend the rest of your life in sorry-ass Florida.

mikey (Call me Ishmael.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:16 am

Arlo Fanatic

maybe you'd just swim better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:15 am

The Folkslinger

Our interest in health stuff began a long time ago, mostly because I had to take care of my dad for years when we'd get him out of the hospital every week. It goes way beyond simply pushing some new product from time to time.

Energetic Medicine is a breakthrough in dealing with disease that the AMA and the FDA and all those outfits with ties to the pharmaceutical industrial complex will only accept as a last resort. They have repeatedly and continually treated us with products that have proven to be harmful even after a few short years. How long will you continue to believe they have our best interest at heart? That's up to each of us, individually. I no longer trust them to provide me with healthy information. During the last 20 years we have seen a complete disaster in our health with cancer rates soaring and the cost of health care skyrocketing. Wait for their approval at your own risk. Meanwhile, I will provide you with what I've learned a little at a time... There's a lot.

1st thing (lots more coming)... Immediately stop eating anything that says "diet" anywhere. There are a few good exceptions. You want to munch as much raw and natural stuff as you can find, like raw milk, real farm eggs and stuff like that, avacados are great. Get the healthy fats you need. Avoid partially hydrogenated oils at all costs. Destroy margarine when you see it. And stay away from soy unless it's been fermented for at least 3 years. That means no more veggie burgers for me - sad but true.

Read the labels, soy has infested more stuff than I could ever have imagined - Hold the mayo (we make our own these days), hold the fries, hold the diet and regular soda. This stuff seems to be killing us.

I'm not a doc so I'm just throwing out a few things for you to check up on yourselves. Do the research, it's available on the web. If you discover anything odd or a mistake in anything I'm saying, let me know and I'll fix it. No one's getting out of this life alive as it is, but it sure would be nice to not have to add to the problems of being a human. Being of sound body and mind helps everyone, not just you.

Let's get healthy together and see what happens next. :) adg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

All good nutrition advice, Arlo! I try to eat fresh, organic, un-processed food as much as possible. Fortunately there's a great health food store in town, and the local supermarkets are starting to see the light. I also see a naturopath as my "primary care physician", who guides me through all this stuff, and has helped me be healthier than any "traditional" doctor ever did. She's my hero! It's up to us as individuals to find doctors we can work with as a team, be informed about things like nutrition and the garbage that ends up in so much food, ask questions, and take charge of our health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:56 am

ArloNetizen

I work in the patient accounts dept of a large medical practice, so I see first hand how the docs shuffle people in and out like cattle and most leave with a prescription in hand for some kind of poison that promises to make them feel better. (hmmm, I sound a little bitter.. think I need to find a new job) I agree with the whole food way of life...and believe me I try to feed my kids this way as well. However I'm sure any of you with teenagers will agree...this is not the easiest thing to do! The only problem I have eating this way is the cost. Being a single mom on a budget makes it hard. I was excited to learn more about the FrequenSEA...but wow.. the price :cry: I'm sure it's worth every penny..especially for those who see a real health benefit. You can't even put a price tag on that! but I'm afraid it's way out of reach for many of us. Any chance the prices might come down any time soon?

Rose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

I've made the switch from diet soda to herbal tea/green tea, (I travel with a teapot and an electric tea kettle!) and the fridge is full of fresh organic fruit and veggies for munching on anytime, and we use olive oil to cook with. With all the health problems I've had, I sure don't need food /additives causing more problems. My rule is that things have to resemble it's original form as closely as possible before it's considered to be edible.
Just today I heard about the substance in the plastic in 2-litre soda bottles that seems to make people gain weight. Now I'm wondering about the millions of plastic water bottles that are out there that we've all used.