Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:16 am

Arlo Fanatic

Ceashel wrote:
I don't know, Agnes. He contacted me on the 3rd and again on the 5th--thanking us for the Ro-Tel, so he got it. Maybe he enjoyed a little too much of it; that's been known to happen to people exiled to non-chile states who suddenly have access to the mana again. It kicks in within 8-12 hours; I can tell you that for a fact.

thanks for the reply, ceas :)
well...all i can think to say is, he is missed.
and, "try not to stay away too long!"

anyway, i discovered some mouse sign the other day and had to set the havahart trap again and when i checked it this morning...there was the mouse! saying something about, "attica! attica!"
and now he's rattling a tin cup across the cage asking me do i have a sammich...
so i best go take him out to the woods and turn him loose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

This next segment is brought to you by Readers Digest
It’s a good book to have when you have digested your food and it has reached its end

Dancin’ with Rocinante to the denomination blues

In my dreams my foot was tapping..it was a good slow deliberate type of tap, well metered as they say just keeping at a pace well below the speed of light. Rocinante, he showed up with smile and some kazoo’s and he said lets fill the space around that time with a kazoo blues …and he looked at me and he leaned in close and he said in his just between me and you voice, he said we will call ourselves The Great Lost Syncopation.

Filling in the space between the time points, sometimes quick bursts spaced equally some times slurring into the node and some times slurring away sometimes a little louder, sometimes with sometimes spaces with no sound at all but you just fill that sound coming in to fill it up and then for a bit everything is where it should be, but then for an amount of time all the sound reverses its place in space like the mirror image of sound you know we have our kazoo’s filling time one way then it is like you hit the mirror and the mirror image pops out. It’s the same beat sound its just different…the mirror image sound then before you know you popped back into the time frame you started with and we was dancing…doing the hip shake and kazooin’ then all the sudden Roz started to singing the song I just kept right on tappin’ my foot and picked up on the singin’ as well and instead of kazoo’ we had our voices to do the detailed time splitting and I knew the song, I knew the song well….

So we controlled the beat, sorta split it in two to control the words better, the sound, so that the beat would take a big breath as we started singing it was like it would breath again everytime we went to a new line it was like bomp…Well you can go to your college bomp….Go to your school bomp…If you ain’t got Jesus (the beat goes back to its normal breathing rate) if you aint got Jesus (then this is were you place the sound such that you just feel it coming right before it gets there) then you just an educated fool and I tell you that’s all (this is where you do that mirrored sound effect so you hit the mirror (but you better have G zuss (then you go to the normal side of the mirror) I will tell you that’s all.

Then we are doing a kazoo duet with the hip shake and the bump and when we hit the mirror effect again I see Future God up ahead doing the hip shake with the boxin’ hands and he joins in on the next line of “its right to stand together bomp… wrong to stand apart bomp. God was doing the pointy fingers where the are sorta moving together pointing out in space, first he does it one way (Its right to stand together) then the other way (wrong to stand apart) then right at you (none will enter heaven but the pure at heart and that’s all…I tell you that’s all (now we are all doing the soaring wings with our arms..in harmony)…but you better have G zuss…I tell you that’s all….At the end God says…You Better have G zuss as the kazoo sound trails into the night as Future God, Roz and I can be seen walking away shaking our asses in harmony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Time for a Readers Digest book review:

Verbose,yet concise, lucid, yet undecipherable,logical,yet psychotic. We give it two thumbs pointing in two different yet unknown directions. :? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:13 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

so THAT'S what I was waiting for, slow acting chili.

kurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:19 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Is there a uke around here or should I just capo the banjo up high?

kurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

(look who it is!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
(look who it is!!)

Yup agnes, PS is back! I was thinking that maybe he was abducted by aliens, cuz he wuz gone so long. Then I thought, nah, that's silly, maybe he was just kidnapped. Then, I read his last post, and I'm back where I started with the alien abduction theory! :D Welcome back PS!

Kurt, how about an electric uke with a Marshall 100 amp?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:11 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Ah, that's ok, I'd have to learn all the chords again. We'll just take the diaper out of the banjo and you'll wish there was an amp to unplug.

Pass me some more of that slow acting chili...

kurt...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I swear i was at a place where horses can fly!
envious Larry...Time to plug in my Uke...Pick one three eyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

envious? ENVIOUS?! I'm Not envious! I'm jealous!!!!
A place where horses can fly! As close to that as I have ever been to is a place where horseshit DOES fly! I have visited Washington D.C.!
You should fly over the city with your friend Pegasus and teach them a lesson! I'll bring the oats......... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

.... :)

when i came here yesterday, i realized that i wasn't mentally prepared...not being so much about what i was reading, but...well , it was good to see ya psb
but i thought about, i mean the mental images of sound filling space in time got me to thinking about how time is typically categorized or cataloged by number...of course the days of the week have cosmic names, and the months in the year are...besides...but anyway...i was thinking how some chunks of time are grouped and retrieved from my memory by color (like for instance, the 70s i recall as being generally yellow, but 1974 in particular had more of an earthy golden tan hue almost like wheat, not like a suntan which somehow doesn't convey, but the general color of the memory for that particular time...but i set that thinking aside in favour of finding an example (on some level) of the denomination blues as was known (all i knew was the interpretation conjured in my own mind) and magically, i found this so i will post it here...amazing!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FLzC4BJckno

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ahhhh.......but do you dream in color?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

mostly plaid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
I swear i was at a place where horses can fly!
So, you were in Dallas, which is watched over by Pegasus. We still haven't had our enchilada dinner. And I had some ready to cook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=207771

http://www.fairportconvention.com/cropredy_line_up.php

Soon I will be attending these events and I hope to see horses fly while I am there (among other things) but I may disappear but I will probably be back. Its flooding down in London so I must take my Mack and Wellies!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.