Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
http://www.pub-explorer.com/realale/wadworthbrewery.htm

6X, it's a pretty good ale although not my favorite. I also went to Cornwall and ate Cornish Pasty. The best I got was in Tintagel where it is rumoured Arthur was born. It is a great place for cliff walking above the ocean as is Land's End.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintagel

i wanted to say something about the sea cliffs,
but was compelled instead to look for more images from places you mentioned

http://www.thinkingms.com/pensieve/cont ... cliffs.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

Glad to hear you had a nice time psb.

So how many ways can you point at one time anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:48 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
i wanted to say something about the sea cliffs ...

The CeaCliffs? We weren't there, silly girl! (But it would have been nice!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

:) !!

it gets confusin'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Time means a lot more to me now than it did when I was younger. I knew then that time was limited but the limitation just didn’t seem real. I mean time per se doesn’t now and never did really mean that much to me. I mean, I have never worn a watch and I never want to know what time it is or even what date it is unless it means keeping to some commitment I have made to somebody else. It gets awkward at times as you are trying to peak a glance at somebody’s watch just because you don’t want to keep somebody waiting or miss some really important rendezvous. So, I don’t know why time actually interests me so, except I seem to waste more of it than I probably should? Anyway, I was sitting there in Cornwall not long back and I was thinking about time. I was thinking about that train experiment where if you are in a train car traveling at the speed of light and somebody turns on the light in the center of the car how you see the light fill the room as if the train were not moving. However, if you are running along in a train traveling at the speed of light next to the train that somebody turns the light on then you would see the light fill the back half of the car but never fill the front half of the car because that train is traveling at the speed of light so the light will never catch up to the front half of the car. So, if you were sitting in the front half of the car you would look like you were perpetually in the dark even though to you it seems the light filled the room normally when the switch was thrown. So, what else could I do after thinking about that, I went for a walk along the cliffs and looked at the purple heather (I mean I couldn’t just sit there in the dark, right?).

So I was walking along the cliffs and singing an appropriate song in my head (actually I only remembered the one verse from when I used to play the Byrds 5 D album (one dimension beyond time) when I was a kid, it is amazing how many songs I can sing only the first verse to).
O the summer time has come
And the trees are sweetly blooming
And wild mountain thyme
Grows around the purple heather.
Will you go, lassie, go?
I know it is a Scots song and I was in Cornwall, but hey, the heather was purple…but there were no trees…there are no trees in this typically cold and wet place and I thought…what the hell did people burn around here long ago…I mean you got to burn something…And then I thought of long times forgotten and people freezing and starving and I looked out on the ocean and the rocks below the cliffs and naturally I thought of the wreckers. The Cornish wreckers would lure ships into the rocks and kill the crews and steal all their stuff. I thought maybe they did it to get some wood to burn. I didn’t know! Then I saw a wreck on the rocks below and it was just rolling against the rocks in the surf. I thought, boy that is strange. So I wondered on around the cliff to get a better look and there on the edge of the cliff planted in the purple heather was a sign that said (HMS something or nother…crashed on the rocks in 2000 or so….the ship was carrying junk plastic (mostly old toys) to Germany to bury in a landfill (because that is the best place to bury old plastic junk?) when it hit the rocks and dumped small plastic bits in the water endangering sharks and birds and seals and fish all along this coastline. So naturally that tune went off in my head again (and the wild mountain thyme, grows around the purple heather)…and I thought about the basking sharks (I could see one off in the surf, a big 300 pound filter feeding shark with a great basket like mouth scooping up little living creatures as it swam in the sun. I was wondering where Rocinante and Future God were…I had seemed to be all alone on that cliff sort of dreaming of this and that time…I could look up to the crests and see were the Celt’s had once worked the ground and lived on this windy cold peninsula long ago and think of the wreckers of the First and the Last Inn (where I was known to take a pint on occasion) and the smuggler’s years along this coast and the tin miners and their Cornish Pasty’s and then I thought how just as that shark filters the surf my mind must filter time. I thought that an odd thought…so brains are nothing but time filters…time passes through the mind and you retain bits and pieces of it for future reference.
Does anybody really know what time it is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Much of this theory assumes that the train maintenence guys change the lightbulbs of course.......there is always a human element. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
Much of this theory assumes that the train maintenence guys change the lightbulbs of course.......there is always a human element. :wink:

This: from the Front Half, who shall remain in the dark!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ahhh, my little wyldflower grasshopper, I need not light to see........Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

on the other hand, George W. could not find his own "winkie" using both hands standing naked in a well lit room of mirrors.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

:lol:

I knew if I came here I'd get cheered up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I mean don't get TOO cheered up! He is STILL the president! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
you would look like you were perpetually in the dark

hmm...sounds like me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:50 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Time to look in the mirror and see the light that you will never have... don't turn around because nothing is there... winkies are a distraction from train travel and foreign pastries. Dream on! Agnes, help me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sheeesh! I go away for a few days...................and LOOK what happens!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'll put in an order for some of them foreign pastries! Are they from Texas?
Trains, lights,pastries, winkies....it's all so confusing! Nobody has mentioned the tunnel though! You know what they say about the light at the end of the tunnel......sometimes it's a train........and perhaps dubya is driving!! Somebody pull the brake cord.......quick!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.