Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:21 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wow, was in chat, and it was working. Love the moose.. Nice to see Dave fiddling with the thing....

In all serious, great seeing ( lil chat ) with Dave. I think he's missed around here allot more than he'll ever know...

Peace out/ Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:45 pm

Site Admin

Seems to be working fine,rb,z-man(yes z man :) ) are giving it a workout,nice moose Dave .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:09 am

The W!zard

You will now notice at the bottom of the main forums page it has the link to chat... And it requires that you be logged in via the forums to be able to chat. This was done to prevent abuse by people pretending to be who they aren't (such as pretending to be the folkslinger).

Still twiddling - but I think it'll do for now... let me know of any other problems experienced!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

I had checked out the boards before checking my mail & therefore knew to only open up one of the e-mails lol. Speaking of paper cuts, I hearad the other day that some lady got one & it caused her to get a bad staph infection & she might have to lose part of her finger. Yikes & vibers to her whoever she is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:35 am

Site Admin

Hey cool Dave you can now see if someone is in chat without opening the chat page,good work Wiz!!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

can we get a HOME button attached to the Blunderchat? On exit, it just brings ya' back to the sign-in page. A return to Arlo.Net perhaps would be good.
Same minor complaint on the Arlonet Forums page. I keep a bookmark of the forums and go to them in full window mode (i find the Frames too narrow and constricting), so I tend to bypass the 'front door' for arlo.net. No HOME button on the forum pages to take me there quickly.

otherwise, the new BC looks kinda nice, and i liked the auto-smilies... although the moose apparently has walked off into the shrubbery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:05 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I am glad to read that blunderchat seems to be doing better than it was when I first accessed it, after that first (series of) email. I'll give it a try in the future.

However, regarding the emails - I do realize that there's an opt-out of sorts - basically saying that if you don't want any emails from Dave, please email Dave...

Could there be a more automated method to opting-out? I heard from someone who would rather be off the email list, since the email address is a work address, and they don't want to deal with spam through that address. But, having cut off things here a few years ago, they'd rather not correspond about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:45 pm

Glad to have you back Mr. Wizard........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:09 pm

The W!zard

Ok, as requested... when you log out of the chat, it returns to the forums. Also, I have extended the history to include the past 6 hours... instead of 2. Let's see how many people we can get in there this Friday night at 9... Also, the Giant Clam has made a return to chat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:24 pm

Site Admin

Hey Dave good work!,the clam is back!!! So see you all in blat Friday ;)

9pm eastern
8pm cst
7pm mst
6pm pdt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks Dave! This site and Group W have to take up a lot of time and work to maintain under normal conditions, never mind having something else going down in your life. You're much appreciated and one heck of a nice person to do what yer doin'. Kudos to ya! Blunderchat looks great! Just have to remember not to fall asleep on the couch Friday night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:53 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Things are looking good, Dave. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

OK I know I live on the other side of the world and all but I'm still on the same planet as the rest of you. The Clam won't let me into the new BLAT!! Help Dave (and by the way thanks for all the work on here and for bringing Blat back!
I log in where I'm suppose to and when I get to the intro page it says to log in via Forums, which I have already done, then nothing happens. I never had any trouble getting into the old Blat. I'm on dial-up but that was never a problem before.
Is it me? Am I missing something? HHHHHHEEEELLPPP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:19 am

The W!zard

Try killing your cookies... then login again. That SHOULD solve the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:07 pm

The W!zard

Basically, remove any cookies associated with ArloNet... Quit the browser, start it back up, return here, and log in... That should get you a proper cookie and your name should show up on the welcome message on the ArloNet home page - and you should be able to access BlunderChat at that point.