Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:12 pm

The W!zard

For those who didn't notice already... if you click on the "Events & Birthdays" title at the bottom of the main forums, it brings up the current month and shows you all the birthdays - as well as certain events in history that are Arlo related. You can navigate back and forth entire months to see all the upcoming birthdays!

If your birthday isn't listed yet - just fill out the information in your profile. The year is optional for those who may be shy about their age! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

That's so cool, Dave. Thank you. Oh, July 10 (and many other important July dates) are blank....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:53 pm

The W!zard

This might be a good place to suggest things that might be interesting to have on the calendar! So, if you have a suggestion or notice something missing, post it here. Think I got most of the Guthries in there now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:42 pm

The W!zard

Actually, I believe I just set it so that you can suggest dates be added to the calendar right on the calendar!!! Let me know if not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:07 pm

The W!zard

Thanks Wyld for the calendar suggestion for WoodyFest - so, it does indeed seem as if you can suggest items to be added to the calendar!!!

Remember, it is not the intent of this calendar to serve as a concert schedule - although that MAY at some point be part of it if I can get the databases and code from the old RSR site.

Big annual events though can be posted... things like the Fall Revival Concerts, Carnegie Hall, and as Wyldflower posted, WoodyFest!

Also, when suggesting a calendar event, it will not be posted immediately... Once someone checks it out, it will then either be approved so all can see it or deleted.

Items that won't make it on the calendar:

Objectional info - foul language, etc.
Not wide enough appeal - only means something to a few people
Not site related - all items should SOMEHOW be related to Arlo or the website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:17 am

Arlo Fanatic

Is the old concert schedule going back up on Arlonet? I sure hope so. :) The new RSR one looks nice but you have to scroll thru month to month all 12 to see what new shows were added. With the old concert formart it was so easy to see at a glance which new shows were added cuz they were all on one page. Just wondering... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
I agree with Cheryl....The old schedule is much easier to gaze at....The old format indicates whether the venue is sold out as compared to the RSR schedule does not have no indication of a sold out show. Thought I bring that up for future reference :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:43 pm

The Folkslinger

The RSR schedule is still being worked on. Eventually the schuedules will be under the name of the artists rather than globbed together. I hope Dave can get our old calendar back the way it was here. It was much easier to see what was going on. I know he's trying to work on it.

adg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
COOLERONIOUS! 8) .....Thanks so everness Mighty Great Arloness...now I genuflect :D hehehe

Peace