Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I have sold my soul, I wish it would have been worth more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Keep your soul and sell a kidney. They are getting good money for kidneys on the black market. Souls are hard to transplant, and the demand seems to be low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:37 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I traded mine in... for a piece of corporate pie. But someday I'll get my soul returned to me with a retirement check. Then I am going to hold on to it forever. I only hope I don't lose heart in the process!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I've just lost mine for a while after trying to get simple forgotten password or user name sent to me from Campaign For America's Future, which use to be called Tom Paine. It just keeps giving me the run around about that user name and email address is already taken. And the same thing just happened on Suzy Bogus page 5 minutes after signing up. I'm starting to feel like Woody did when he signed up for 7 Trade Unions, 3 Churches, all paid up in advance just to show that worried women he wasn't afraid of hard work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Location: Ridgecrest, California (South of Lone Pine, North of LA)
I resouled my shoes with mine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:00 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

My soul's nearly the only thing I have to hold on to-my body's shot to hell.
Cancer sux, and cancer twice sux twice as much. Being a survivor is pretty cool! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:19 am

Arlo Fanatic

Mine is some down in Brazil in a butterfly trying to cause a storm in Texas for Obama. Its said, a butterfly down there can do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

el_libra wrote:
My soul's nearly the only thing I have to hold on to-my body's shot to hell.
Cancer sux, and cancer twice sux twice as much. :D

el_libra, I am so sorry to hear that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:12 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

MG, thanks. I'm doing great! Cured twice. I get a bit bored around the house so much, I'm glad to find this site!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh el_libra I thought your myspace page was cool.
This is a neat site. care2 has some neat things going on to. Which I think I found from Yoko's Imagine Peace Tower site, which is in Iceland and shoots a beam of light up into the heavens, with all kinds of wishes involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

leoburg wrote:
Mine is some down in Brazil in a butterfly trying to cause a storm in Texas for Obama. Its said, a butterfly down there can do that.

the leo effect... :)

PSBeaty wrote:
do you think paranoia is unique to man?

the first thing i thought about when i read that were the squirrels and other critters outside, since they tend to be a little leery...
but there was that one squirrel out there i do remember from a while back who would take a peanut i held in my teeth. my neighbor thought i was mad as toast but he still treated me alright just the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:55 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Thank you, leoburg for the kind words about my myspace page. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's a great way to keep in contact with some of my kids and grandkids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I probably should not have gone looking for the image of the frog, or maybe I should not have listened to that Terry Riley recording of the Cusp of Magic or maybe I should not wonder about what people mean when they say I am not an atheist, I don't know what I am?

I was wondering does my atheism conflict with spiritualism. I suppose at my core I have always flirted with a spiritual approach to understanding what it means to be alive. It seems to me the difference is that in this approach I have not directed my efforts in a religious but more of an energy based reality. I mean it is not about ghosts and boogie men and talking snakes etc, etc. It is more about a communicative spirit, a real means of connection between other inhabitants of the planet and me. In that aspect, it is surely a figment of the mind, an abstraction of reality (as religion itself is in its most basic form, an abstraction of reality). At its root, the most tangible evidence for the reality of this energy, this spiritualism, is the same as the basis for religion as well. It comes from the dreams and the creativity of man. It comes from the artist that describes the creative process as a channeling of ideas from the ecosphere. In primitive mythology the source of this energy may be vaguely associated with the sounds of the night or the animals of the environment, the hawk or the raven or the frog or the coyote. In the more creative sense these “spiritual” concepts become layered in order and the ability of the mind to filter and process time will connect them to phases of the sun or moon and create birth / death interactions that are filled with mystical truths. Maybe in one sense I could convince myself that all is one divided into many manifestations but still only a manifestation of reality that I can glimpse as I set beneath a tree and contemplate the illusion. Maybe in another sense I have convinced myself that a great cosmic polarity of existence is my passion play, and by faith alone I can pass the great cosmic test. Or just maybe, I can realize my mind is a time filter and I possess differential efficiencies at sorting the array of inputs and ordering it in my conscious form. I therefore possess different levels of consciousness and communicative skills to help me make sense out of my encounter with time. I have a body that filters energy, a resistance to the flow of energy that creates mechanical order, the most complex state of order being the mind which creates conceptual order and the most complex communication being between the layers of complexity in the mind, between the simple I exist and is there a purpose for my existence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

you know i looked over at the clock, and saw it was coming up on seven oclock. and then i fell asleep...i don't know when i last fell asleep at that hour (perhaps i got into some magic pollen)...that is pretty early! and so i forced myself up and decided to come here...am i dreaming?
maybe i will know more what it is i want to say later?
thanks for posting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

With all the babble out there in these times, I have come to believe in only the Rock and Roll which was started in the 50's. Up until Back Sabbath had a baby called heavy metal, lots of the Music was based on good principals from somewhere. It may take a long time to understand where the head banging stuff comes from. But maybe in 10 years I will say of "it" what I say about Pat Banetar now, who I thought was heavy at the time, but now I think is Beautiful.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.