Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYqpYzKC ... re=related

Leo, when you are on the mark it is just strange!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

Wow! That almost looks like rastling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:42 am

Arlo Fanatic

Oh, the insanity of it all? STELLA! STELLA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdPYmhJZ ... re=related

and the Gods must be crazy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 am

Arlo Fanatic

morning maniac music!

in celebration of getting to hear that one this time around! (from "the humbler himself")
i will post an encore of this one! (or with this one, however you want to look at it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbPYmGq74eI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjdPAgVcLuM

A place without humor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bou5gvq0 ... re=related

I painted a picture once called two jews and a nazi. the models were christ on the wall waving his arm, bobby D on a hillside with the dome of the rock in the back (from the infidels album) and adolf schickelgruber walking in the snow at Berchtesgarden (his last winter there). I had it hanging on my wall and somebody asked me if there was any significance in Bobby D being there? I said, ya, I liked the pose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv3TlOX9 ... re=related

Last edited by PSBeaty on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

there are too many

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

or maybe not enough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

not enough what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:05 am

Arlo Fanatic

I have expunged my free radicals and now I will become quite docile and lay dormant and replenish my vital fluids! Let us hope the events of this world will not rouse me from my slumber!

(this guy is incredibly full of Sh..!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:53 am

Arlo Fanatic

just thought i'd stop by and say howdy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:30 am

Arlo Fanatic

Howdy to you & everyone else on here, from me... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVdTQ3OPtGY

inspired by...well...the world and life and my listening to these guys again after a while

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

american beauty is one of my favorite albums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

A non believer contemplates Karma and Dharma

The problem with saying Dharma or Karma is that they have achieved a popular life of their own or that they have restricted religious connotations by those who use them as religious guides. To me karma has meaning in the general sense. There is no individual karma related phenomenon (my personal action in this case is not necessarily going to result in reward or retribution at an individual level). If karma exists in a strict individual application (the old logical conclusion argument) then it transcends the grave and becomes supernatural hooky pooky. Karma itself has far greater meaning to me if it is applied in the collective sense. An example, the Bush led pursuit of general mayhem in Iraq will have repercussions on the rest of my life and it will probably (from all I have seen) have repercussions well into my child’s generation. I guess you can apply a karmic attachment to that and start piling the evils versus the goods and trying to resolve a karmic solution. In the end, I believe it will be generally bad karma for all involved and you can certainly use other words that clearly describe this outcome without invoking karma.

I had chosen to call it spiritualism over dharma when I was actually trying to describe a method of combining exospection with introspection for the non believer. I mean I recognize the value of mysticism, or soul searching or the cosmic reality but I am aware that it is a mental construction, a thought process, a combination of time and reflection that allows me to conceive a nonlinear, higher order conceptual reality.

Let me attempt to make this real. Ok, take a map of the United States and a compass and draw a 500 mile radius circle centered on Oklahoma City. This is the spot on this planet where I became conscious. I had four grandparents born within these bounds. At the time my great grandparents achieved consciousness’ the majority of this land was occupied by roving bands of Native Americans who were entering the final phase of their transition into the current reality. All of my great grandparents were refugees from war, most in the US but some from the border lands of Germany and France. I became conscious in a world in fear of nuclear holocaust in a land of the low income white and even lower income black. When I was 5 I saw the president assassinated within my zone of reality (my mother new the lady in red and I visited Dealy Plaza when Dallas still maintained the 1963 façade). One of my first completely coherent memories of this planet is a weekend of black and white TV containing a rider-less horse and a coffined caisson and a little kid saluting. The same box produced images of I love Lucy and John Wayne Shooting Indians and The Beverley Hillbillies and Vic Morrow shooting Germans and the Monkees and The Beatles and images and images of Lyndon Johnson and Soldiers Shooting Gooks on the evening news.. That same year Martin Luther King JR and Robert Kennedy were shot and I had two aunts die young in parallel to these events. I was baptized in a Southern Baptist Church where I listened and watched the services in fascination and wanted to experience this thing that others were getting somehow but passed me by. In the basement, we watched reels of films about the whore on the hill and the papist madness. Then I went to Catholic Midnight madness and saw my cousins on their knees eating wafers. When I was 10, I visited the site of the Washita massacre where General Custer had attacked his first Indian village and killed women and children and horses. I had a Grand Uncle who had been adopted by the Kiowa Chief Ten Bears and had visited the Washita site while the soldiers were still withdrawing to the north and had witnessed the sites of the corpses of Indian women and children in degrading sexual positions in the snow. It is with all these inputs, perceptions and stimulants that made me feel a deeply religious experience on the banks of the river.

So is it a dharma experience I felt with all that time filtered in my brain up to this point of being a 10 year old kid and running along the banks of the Washita River. I could see the Antelope hills to the north and my grandfather had been born on this very river about 15 miles upstream in a sod / cabin in 1901. Forty miles downstream was where his family settled and where my mother was born at the start of the dirty thirties when all the land I could see for miles turned to dust in what seemed a biblical apocalypse from the stories I heard. What was it I felt standing there a hundred years after that massacre? Was it God? Maybe it was the images of John Wayne movies but I could see and feel “a presence”. There is no doubt that when you can actually feel the dirt or smell the water in a stream or just looking at the vegetation as it fills its niche, not planted by man but there by chance, there is a feeling of connection to the earth that fells your mind. The funny thing is that the vegetation on that site was quite different from the native prairie covered in Cheyenne blood 100 years before I appeared. Now I can think back and ponder the fact that as I was receiving these spooky emanations from my brain a Second Lieutenant Calley was feeling overwhelmed by his time filtered images and playing the brutal part of Custer at a small village in Vietnam called My Lai.. Cosmic? God? Dharma? I think it is this type of personal introspection that is a consequence of the mind filtering time that leads to people hesitating in the denial of God. I have come to accept it for what it is: A mechanism of mental perception feedback and in fact, at times, I try to stimulate this mechanism using my unique mental patterns and tricks (or thought processes) sometimes through conversation, sometimes through contemplation and even occasionally through altered state induction. It is a mental construction and it is based on my ability to receive external inputs and it is a mechanism of organizing and arranging these inputs in my reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Washita_River
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.