Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I really don't make any sense, even if Dubya does (wel to me anyone lol)... :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I really don't make any sense, even if Dubya does (wel to me anyone lol)... :lol: :lol:

Wow! I think you nailed it!!! :D :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ceashel wrote:
Larry, I think our dogmas are kennel buddies.

Ok, just keep yours off my leg and don't forget the pooper scooper. When you listen the the dogmas of other people, you often need a pooper scooper. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I hope McSame keeps talking, for every time he opens his mouth, his foot seems to get stuck in it. So much so that I think he is a closet dem.
We have a choice between 10,000 years of war, or Obama who would like to take all nuclear weapons apart.
(they cost us 100 million a day in up keep, which could pay for health care. Even if you would have to call it socialized; isn't the guns and bombs budget socialized?)

Last edited by leoburg on Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Nazi-hunter says he's closing in on 'Dr. Death'

From Associated Press
July 17, 2008
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - The world's top Nazi-hunter said Thursday he's made progress in finding 94-year-old "Doctor Death," a former concentration camp physician accused of torturing Jewish prisoners as they died and who may have been living for decades in Argentina or Chile.

Efraim Zuroff, head of the Israeli branch of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, told a news conference that his mission to the southern reaches of the Americas led him to at least four people who claim to have seen Aribert Heim in the past 45 days.

"We're better off than before we came," Zuroff said. "That doesn't guarantee Heim's capture, but I'm hopeful."

Zuroff launched the investigation last week in southern Chilean fishing town of Puerto Montt, where Heim's daughter long lived. Zuroff has said she frequently traveled to the Patagonian town of San Carlos de Bariloche in Argentina, which he visited this week.

"What we expected to do - and so far we have been successful - is to put in place the tools that will lead to his capture in the next few weeks - or at the most, months," Zuroff said while in Bariloche.

Heim was indicted in Germany after World War II on charges he murdered hundreds of inmates at the Mauthausen concentration camp in 1941. The Wiesenthal center says he injected the corrosive poison phenol directly into the hearts of many and used "other torturous killing methods."

Zuroff says that Heim's children have made no claim to a bank account with euro1.2 million (US$1.6 million) and other investments in Heim's name. To do that, they would have to produce proof that "Doctor Death" was dead.

A reward of euro315,000 (US$495,000) is being offered jointly by the center and the German and Austrian governments for information leading to his capture. Heim tops the Wiesenthal Center's list of most-wanted Nazi war criminals.

The South American probe is part of the Jewish human rights organization's "Operation: Last Chance" - an effort to bring aging war criminals to justice before they die. If alive, Heim would be 94.

After World War II, Heim was held for two and a half years by the United States military but was released without being tried.

He disappeared in 1962 after he was tipped off that German authorities were about to indict him, Zuroff said.

"You can't obtain justice from someone who engaged in genocide," said Abraham H. Foxman, the U.S. director of the Anti-Defamation League. But he echoed Zuroff's mantra that no crime should go unpunished.

The search for Heim, Foxman said, is meant "to deliver the message to all who in the future would act in similar manners that they will not be able to have a sleepless night."

Zuroff said that in the past two weeks he has spoken with at least four people who claim to have seen Heim in past 45 days.

"We're better off than before we came," Zuroff said. "That doesn't guarantee Heim's capture, but I'm hopeful."

They tell me revenge is sweet and from where they stand, I'm sure it is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:50 am

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
My dogma doesn't purr, it barks!

Oh Sorry! How about

Larry's fuzzy logic lesson happily thumped it's tail on the floor and rolled over for a tummy rub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfnqYbRT ... re=related

who would have thought this would be the thread of sanity?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh01Pil7 ... re=related

The 80's, oh the outlook was good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

When I started this Nazi thing the concept was to wonder about how life’s affiliations, to a certain degree, harden us. Religion, for example, is one were many will say I am (insert religion here). Then, if prompted by bringing up some of the questionable aspects of that religion, many will begin qualifying and saying well those aspects I don’t believe in. My problem is that sounds a bit like Hermann Goring on a stand in Nuremberg denying his role in the deaths of millions. Decisions made for the greater good might have been harsh but I did not personally get involved. The question is, can you dissociate yourself? If you are a Christian, then deep inside you believe that your non-Christian friends are damned for eternity and represent a mystical evil evening as you say good morning to them, can I get you a cup of coffee. It seems to me that if you say I am a Nazi but I don’t personally have an issue with Jews and I don’t necessarily associate myself with anti-semiticism. Is there really a plausible deniability?

I, personally, come from a Christian tradition. I have been subjected to Christian ritual all my life. I love to play and sing Christian Gospel songs. I love the escapism of hopping on the last train in the station. I long for the great cosmic community. I have Christmas Trees at Christmas and take walks in the park on Easter Sunday. I read the Bible with interest and learn from it. Yet, I am an Atheist. I state flat out that if God wants my faith then the holy of holies needs a new PR man!

Larry, I think Lao Tzu beat you to the Theory of Self (or at least it is my interpretation).

At birth a person is soft and yielding
At death stiff and hard
All beings, the grass, the trees
Alive, soft, yielding
Dead, stiff, hard

I am waving with the palm of my hand facing my face and saying “anybody home in there”?

Ritual is the husk of religion
Dogma is the chaff on the wind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
Religion, for example, is one were many will say I am (insert religion here). Then, if prompted by bringing up some of the questionable aspects of that religion, many will begin qualifying and saying well those aspects I don’t believe in.

interpretations have left me to say
why not
just make something up

(thunder outside
indicates storm
typing in a hurry) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

there is no storm outside!
Jeez, I wish it rain! all my aspirations for tomatoes and peppers and they are all dying in the heat! the rabbits are gone (the neighbors are less understanding than I!) so what's to interpret? what are you making up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

there was thunder...i heard it!
but hardly a drop of rain as it turns out

and i didn't make it up! i was referring to the different interpretations (that i have heard) of scripture (not many i have to admit but there always seems to be some dispute) i decided (in a nutshell) that a person could make it out to allude to about any meaning almost.
(are you with us or against us?)
and if you don't know the "right " answer then you don't have the holy spirit!
i was so hardheaded ("i am not so sure i am convinced of what you are telling me")...and at the same time filled with self doubt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

OK Interpret this?

Have you seen the stars tonight
Would you like to go outside and
look at them with me
Would you like to go up for a stroll
And keep me company

Do you know
We could go
We are free

Any place you could think of
We could be

Have you looked at all
A family
Of stars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

taken literally
it is quite beautiful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 am

Arlo Fanatic

It was playing in the background while I was typing.

But hey, I awoke in the middle of the night to a hellacious lightening strike!

in falsetto
Lightening Striking Again (and again and again)