Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Post subject: Re: New Forums
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thanks for the suggestions...I will give it a try!

I dont care for the muted color of the leaves. But I really dont like the depiction of the church. It looks like someone had attacked it with paint balls.

But as I said - I do nothing to help, so Im just VERY grateful of all your work. It doesnt really matter what it looks like because it works more reliably than the network at my work!!

THANKS AGAIN.
REG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

on one of Regina's comments... It really stands outwhere you list the moderators/Administrators (and what am i... chopped liver??? LOL)

Maybe listing the Moderators and Administrators at the head of each section, rather than in the description of each forum would be better? and maybe some colors that don't jump out as much as the red and green?

The banner image, as Reg mentioned, is kind of blurry. I know the image you were working from, and maybe if you got a higher resolution picture it would work better. (Or maybe see if you can get a nice photo from Judy, or JohnC, or Jay...) Besides that, most anyone who knows the church will feel off-kilter with the reversed image!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well...actually...pat is one of the moderators on this forum...it's just that her name isn't as harsh...seems to be a guy thing...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I wonder if maybe the pic could be run thru an image editing program to make it clearer. Just an idea. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Goofus wrote:
Well...actually...pat is one of the moderators on this forum...it's just that her name isn't as harsh...seems to be a guy thing...

I'm a moderator too... though you'd never know it looking at the forum index page....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:38 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I finally feel comfy on the Blunder chat...due to many tutorials. I would like it to stay.

This may have been covered before but is the bell tower going to stay on the right side of the church in that picture?

I can see the whole page now Dave - thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:44 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Wyldflower wrote:
Goofus wrote:

I'm a moderator too... though you'd never know it looking at the forum index page....

Wyld, You and Pat don't want to be in that club. (Yes Im still ticked from May of '07)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

RegFaith wrote:
Wyldflower wrote:
Goofus wrote:

Wyld, You and Pat don't want to be in that club. (Yes Im still ticked from May of '07)

uhhh... excuse me for being oblivious, but what club did I join?? You know I follow the Marxist (groucho) adage, I'd never belong to any club that would have ME as a member!!
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

is this site up and running again? The only time I can post anything is when a forum I'm tracking send me an email

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:00 am

Senior ArloNetizen

IWhen you open a link, on the new forums it opens up in the same window. On the old forums it opened up in a new window. I liked that better, since sometimes it takes a long time for a link to open, now one has to wait, before you could keep on reading the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

since we don't get to see much Autumn foliage here in the- subtropics............
I kinda like the leaves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:18 am

Arlo Fanatic

A tip I use is I open up the view new posts. I use either Mozilla Firefox or the IE7 usually Firefox & that's so I can have multiple tabs open. I open up each new post in a new tab. While one thing is opening up I can switch to another topic & keep on reading the forums. I don't like to use the old browsers with no tabs. Takes to long to read forums that way. Tabbed browsing works well on emails too. I can have the other mails opening up while I am reading one. Hope this info helps... :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:07 am

Senior ArloNetizen

That's a good idea, thanks for the tip, Cheryl, Could have thought of that one myself. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:37 am

The W!zard

Brigitte wrote:
IWhen you open a link, on the new forums it opens up in the same window. On the old forums it opened up in a new window. I liked that better, since sometimes it takes a long time for a link to open, now one has to wait, before you could keep on reading the forum.

You can do that with your browser. Left click the link to open in the same window, right click (or middle click if you have the mouse set up that way) to open a new window or tab.

The Reasoning Behind The Change:
Compared to phpBB3, links in phpBB2 had a slightly different behaviour: When you clicked them, they opened a new window with the requested page. This was changed in phpBB3 for a couple of reasons, but one of the most important ones was the goal to achieve XHTML 1.0 Strict-validation for the whole board.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Is there a new page to bookmark or something to be able to post again? The only thing I can post from is when the topic is emailed to me.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.