Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Post subject: Re: New Forums
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:14 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Stephanie wrote:
1purpledragon wrote:
I like the new background a lot.
Stephanie I noticed the same thing with my pm outbox, seems like it took a little while for them to actually send.

I just sent you one...dunno when you will get it! LoL

One I sent at around 5 or 6 this morning is still in there. Says they go when I submit, but in the outbox they are. Have 4 waiting to wing their way across the board!

It will all catch up sooner or later.

I got the one you sent tonight but not the one from this morning......strange, then I sent one that I thought I was sending to you and it came to me instead LOL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Stephanie... I guess I misunderstood your post earlier... :oops: ... glad Dave got things sorted out!

Your private messages sit in your OUT box until the recipient picks it up... then it will show that it's SENT. I just read your PM to me, and sent you a reply :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

The new background is really nice & so easy on the eyes. Thanks Wiz. Also prayer just said for those who need vibes & everyone on here. Vibes sent...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:53 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Wyldflower wrote:
Stephanie... I guess I misunderstood your post earlier... :oops: ... glad Dave got things sorted out!

Your private messages sit in your OUT box until the recipient picks it up... then it will show that it's SENT. I just read your PM to me, and sent you a reply :mrgreen:

Thank you again Wyld!
I'm starting to think I might just need to go back to school! :D
It does make sense. I hope I can stay off the clueless couch
for a while!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:44 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Very nice, Dave!

I just have one suggestion...in the forum, All in the Family, there is no mention of Annie...not even in the G Babes section! She actually even has her own website these days although it is still under construction.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:48 pm

The W!zard

fitzy wrote:
Very nice, Dave! I just have one suggestion...in the forum, All in the Family, there is no mention of Annie...not even in the G Babes section! She actually even has her own website these days although it is still under construction.

Good catch... thanks fitzy!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Dave wrote:
Brigitte wrote:
Hi Dave, on my screen the headliner graphic is split in the middle right below the letters ArloNet, I can see the background and then comes the letters User Control Panel. Is it supposed to be like that?

Not quite sure what you mean... here's what it looks like for me under Firefox. What browser are you using and have you tried emptying the cache?

Hey Dave, I had the old headliner graphic when asking you the question, the one with the church painting, even though you all had the new one already and I had been wondering what Stephanie had said about the avatar puzzle solved. Now I know what she meant. I was probably lost for a while in the celery time zone when you changed the headliner. I like the new one a lot, liked the old one a lot too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:20 pm

The W!zard

For those who were having issues with having to scroll right how is it for you now? I think I've got the width of everything good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Brigitte wrote:
Dave wrote:
Brigitte wrote:
Hi Dave, on my screen the headliner graphic is split in the middle right below the letters ArloNet, I can see the background and then comes the letters User Control Panel. Is it supposed to be like that?

Not quite sure what you mean... here's what it looks like for me under Firefox. What browser are you using and have you tried emptying the cache?

Hey Dave, I had the old headliner graphic when asking you the question, the one with the church painting, even though you all had the new one already and I had been wondering what Stephanie had said about the avatar puzzle solved. Now I know what she meant. I was probably lost for a while in the celery time zone when you changed the headliner. I like the new one a lot, liked the old one a lot too.

:oops: <- (this face is getting a bit too much use today) I'm sorry I should have elaborated. I didn't think about anyone being in the cusp of the change!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Dave wrote:
For those who were having issues with having to scroll right how is it for you now? I think I've got the width of everything good.

It's a bit more narrow, but still not the whole thing, like Name, text, and date of posting. But that probably won't be possible. Thanks for the effort, Dave.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

Same here as for Brigitte, but it's still much better than it was. Thanks, Dave!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:56 am

Arlo Fanatic

It might be the resolution your monitor is set to. I have to have mine set to the lowest (largest print) which is 600x800. If it's set any higher (smaller print), I can't see it :) Try that; it might help. I have no problem with having to scroll sideways to see everything.

As for the graphic, I liked The Church in Fall better, but this one's pretty imaginative. Maybe Arlo isn't unhappy, but he seems rather unimpressed, or bored, or something???? Is that LAVDK? And the background's got a sand texture?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:49 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Maybe she's whispering the state of the world to him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:48 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Hi Dave, I was trying to post something and it said that the post was taken, but had to be confimed by a moderator. Is that new?

Edited to say: This one was taken directly, guess it has to do with what forum you post in.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:28 am

Arlo Fanatic

Brigitte, I'll bet you were posting in Arlo's thread about the 32 Cents CD--in News and Announcements. I believe that posts there are monitored to be sure we don't stray from the topic of the announcement.