Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

Post subject: BlunderChat popup!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:31 am

The W!zard

I've added a new feature to the forums. Basically, if anyone is in BlunderChat, other visitors to the forums will get a popup message notifying them that there are people in Blat and asking if they'd like to join. Basically, figured it might give the chat room a little more exposure and help avoid missed connections.

Since it does use a popup however, if you've got a blocker installed you'll never see it unless you make an exception to allow popups from ArloNet. Don't worry though... I don't do advertising on the site or obnoxious popups (the Blat notifier should only show once and then not again unless you come back an hour later by which time it assumes you have come and gone). You'll also need Javascript and cookies enabled - but these days, I think that's the norm for most folks.

Post subject: Re: BlunderChat popup!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:15 am

Arlo Fanatic

worked pretty well this morning for me wiz... except it called my browser "unsupported"? I understand that all things Microsquat are essentially evil, but "unsupported"??

not my fault my job uses IE. They won't even let us try out the new Google browser....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:21 am

Arlo Fanatic

I tried to ask you this in blunderchat this morning, but I guess you were busy with the clam. It worked out good though, I had a nice chat with Arnie and Ceashel! Ive been trying to watch the downloaded Wolftrap video. I installed winzip, but when I try to open the file it says it can't because it has to know the program that created it. Do I have to buy and install the DR store thing, or what??? Please enlighten me wise wizard.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:27 am

The W!zard

I'm unaware of any Wolftrap video... If you are referring to the FLAC files downloaded of the concert from here... it's audio, not video. Read the README for more info or look up the original Wolftrap thread in the Trading Post forum for a free burner that works with FLAC files.

Arnie - IE is supported... just not the older versions, nothing I can do about that, it's a flaw in IE not the chat software. Newer versions of IE should work.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:32 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sorry! My bad. I meant audio. I'll check out the trading post. Thanks Dave.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:14 am

Arlo Fanatic

I noticed I got a message from Dave in my inbox. It said it was deleted before sending so I wondered if it was a glitch in the site or a test post...