Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: What TV Show???
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:41 pm

The W!zard

This kinda came up in the Announcements and I thought it might be deserving of it's own thread... So here we go...

What TV show would you be most interested in seeing Arlo a part of?

Post subject: Re: What TV Show???
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

1) Jeopardy
2) Real Time with Bill Maher
3) The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
4)And, when John Walsh has a special litterbug edition...America's most Wanted. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Desperate Housewives.

What would Dana Delaney have to say to Arlo Guthrie? What happens when the world's most feminine cynic meets the most male eternal optimist?

The show with the playboy bunnies might be more fun for the 'slinger but I ain't going there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I still go with Colbert as my first choice, and the green screen should be involved.

I also just now thought of "Reaper" -- Arlo could be the older wiser son of the devil who teaches Sam to resist temptation when the time comes and he's really tested. Or Arlo could be an escaped folksinger "demon" who Sam realizes was wrongly rejected from Heaven by some arrogant angel with limited musical tastes. In any event, I would love to see Arlo weave a tale that ensnares the devil (played by Ray Wise, who was Leland Palmer on Twin Peaks).

I'd love to see Arlo on "Dollhouse" or in another Joss Whedon vehicle -- I watch those clips from Byrds of Paradise and think what a good older, wiser werewolf mentor he would have made for Oz (Seth Green) on Buffy.

Actually, I can't think of any TV series that wouldn't be improved by Arlo's presence.

I also like Len's idea of Arlo being in a web-based series like "The Guild." In fact, I'd love it if Arlo did his own web-based series -- on the Alice DVD he talks about how he's got a sequel written...that could make a great web-based series.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm pretty much with Larry... would LOVE to see Arlo on Jeopardy...

Oh... oh.. how about "Survivor: Woodstock 1969" LOL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:28 pm

The W!zard

Too bad "Life On Mars" is over with... Arlo coulda gone back to 1973!!!

Also, I don't know how the hell he would fit in... but "Big Bang Theory" would be WAAAAAY cool!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:33 pm

The W!zard

Wyldflower wrote:
Oh... oh.. how about "Survivor: Woodstock 1969" LOL

I can see it now... Arlo & Ritchie Havens in a secret alliance. Joe Cocker, the tribe has spoken!

Oh wait, perhaps even better... "Big Brother: Woodstock '69"... "Hey, it's for medicinal use!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
I would have to say Law and Order SVU. Like on Renegade Arlo played a bad guy-a job very well done. I would like to see Arlo in a deep dark role as a famous womanzing folk singer who is also a woman kidnapper or a murderer. Something different.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i hardley watch tv, so if this role is already filled, oh well, but i would like to see arlo on "my name's earl" as darnell's dad!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
Alice DVD he talks about how he's got a sequel written...that could make a great web-based series.

That is actually a good idea. Day financed The Guild with paypal donations until she had enough following that MSM picked up her costs and paid the rest. That is becoming the web way. On the other hand, this is a man that's said he doesn't like for other people to find more things for him to do. One thing that impresses me about the Guthrie clan is that they are extremely web savvy, so I don't imagine any of this is new news. And a series in which family plays a part would be cool. Abe As Psychotic Broccoli Killer.... it has a chance.

Alice's Restaurant: The multi-player online game. :mrgreen:

It depends on the range of his acting chops unless he plays himself. Most nights, he's pretty good at that. Playing against character is much harder but more delicious. Elizabeth Montgomery reveled in the evil villainess roles after being Samantha for two season too long.

I thought about Earl, Agnes. Who better than the Folkslinger to explain to Earl why his quest to fix his karma is a good idea?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I was watching the interview with Pete from Knopf.

Given my druthers, I would like to see Arlo narrate the trek of American folk music, a long story that he is uniquely qualified to tell.

Webisodes charms. They are short. You can make as many as you need to tell the story.

The web is a hypermedia medium though. Non-linear storytelling, albums created instead of linearly in pieces that come together in sound and color and lyric differently depending on your point of view and it is moving. Self-mixing, adaptive, generative.

A great change in media presages a great change in culture.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
I thought about Earl, Agnes. Who better than the Folkslinger to explain to Earl why his quest to fix his karma is a good idea?

speaking for myself...i meant that quite light heartedly and i didn't mean for it to be about doctrine...read that any way you like

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

My apology, Agnes. I took it that way. Not meant as doctrine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I'm not much on current tv shows preffering hte old 50's/60's & 70's shows. I know he'd love to have been on Star Trek. I'd have loved to have seen him on the Monkees, The Mod Squad, Starsky and Hutch & Chico and the Man. He'd have made a good friend for Meathead on All In The Family. I like Dharma and Greg's show. I think he would've been great playing a friend of Dharmas parents.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

Oh yeah! Of course Star Trek! But not if he's gunna wear a red shirt! You know what happened to all the crew members in red shirts.
Being that Arlo was born during the week of the Roswell incident, I think he'd make one hell of a good alien.