Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » All In The Family

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:20 pm

ArloNetizen

in new orleans on the city of new orleans tour and they were great but abe is also always great when he plays with his dad. i remember back in 1984 or 1985 when arlo played the saenger theater in new orleans and he was talking about his son was into the heavy metal stuff and a young man who i believe was abe ran across the stage as arlo was talking about this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

My story probalby gets old. But I saw Xavier for the first time backing up Arlo, in 1991. Around the time of a CD release, which had a few songs. It wasn't a full CD...

In fact that was the time "Living in the Country' made the setlist... Pre Randy Cormier. Another member of the band his name escapes me, was such an ausome musician.... Jackie had posed allot of these old vids, and they do a rocking rendition of the Beatles let it Be....

Yeh, that was near my hometown, and John Sebastion opened, then Richie Havens played, and Richie said they saved the best for the last... Arlo was in top form that nite, and Xavier really was great, playing all the old songs, like they were right off the record.

I've always enjoyed it, when Abe and Arlo play as a duet. In my memorabillia, I have a piece they when they both played a tv show, country orientated. Arlo did an great interview, with host ( names alude me sometimes ) But Hoyt Axton and May were in the audience, and Arlo introduced them, reminding folks, that May had penned 'Heartbreak Hotel' for Elvis...

They did 'Doors To Heaven' and another song off Mystic Journey.... Abe's an asusome guy, so down to earth. Wonder where he gets that? :-)

Had the pleasure of talking to Abe, 1997, my first visit to the GC, And 2000 at Dennis's 50th birthday party. & in 04, (Canadian Folk Fest... Sparky was there, and Arlo and Judy Collins did some great duets... 03 at the HD walk. 05 at the chruch, and 08 at the church.... I'm sure I forgot a few....

Yeah, Abraham is an ausome musician, and a great conversationalist.... Always a pleasure seeing him, and hearing him play... Oh I guess my of my favs. was 2000 Xavier played a summer series. And I won a T-Shirt in a contest... Coming from a guy who never wins that kinda stuff.... It was great, meeting the band. Randy, Mark, Abe, Danny T.... on drums...... My son still remembers Danny signing his drum sticks, and giving them to him..

Great bunch of folks, very earthy..... and Abe has that smile, that just sorta speaks for it's self...

Rambling.. wht memorys you've stirred ebbette...

Kind Regards/RB :arrow: :)

Attachments:
Xavier photo by Robbie 9-15-2000.jpg
Xavier photo by Robbie 9-15-2000.jpg [ 52.2 KiB | Viewed 8218 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 pm

ArloNetizen

when abe came out on stage the other night before the concert to adjust something on his keyboard, i said "abe" fairly loud but he didn't hear me but i know many around me did....lol i'm one of those that could have carried on a conversation from my seat with anyone in the venue because i have a voice that projects too much, in MY opinion...lol i can't even whisper quietly! as for being down to earth and personable like all of them are, that speaks volumes for arlo to still be that way after all his years of fame!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I was watching Abe perform his keyboard magic the other night and marveling at his great stage presence, when I flashed on the first time we saw him play with Arlo. He was 13 and I'm pretty sure it was his first tour. He was not so relaxed as he is now. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:23 am

ArloNetizen

i am sure our paths crossed thursday night!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:54 pm

The W!zard

rbrown wrote:
Pre Randy Cormier. Another member of the band his name escapes me, was such an ausome musician....

Could be either Jason Webster (Webby) on guitar or possibly Sean Hurley who went on to play bass for Vertical Horizon... But I'm guessing you were talking about Webby as I had the exact same impression!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

I wonder how those 2 and the other members of Xavier are doing. It's been awhile...