Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

We have a bird's nest on the ground and the momma sits on her 3 speckled eggs all day. Soon we will have babies. We had to put markers all around so no one steps on the nest as it is quite vulnerable.

Fine wine in the freezer sounds good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

every single blade of grass was shining! the lightning bugs were out too!
the birdhouse with the scenic garden painted on it and steps leading up to the hole (almost makes me think of trompe l'oeil...i saw it a couple few years ago and thought it was so pretty i went ahead and got it and there was a bird in it the next day!) has brought house wrens again.
slept about two hours last night!
had to run some errands this morning...noticed a green bicycle going up the road, "wow, look at that green bike!" (i like green) ...with complimenting pastelly retro blue painted rims... then i notice the rider...she is wearing some kind of green dress thing with a sheer black mesh shell, but it is tailored so you can ride a bike and not think about it (for sure it won't get caught in the chain)...the top and bottom parts are different but same color scheme and low black pumps and grey hair that is pulled back and pinned up and very well dressed for riding a bicycle!...and she makes me start thinking of a friend (the one who would eat limburger cheese and start talking all in your face while you tear up) as she also had a special kind of flare, and so anyway i can't stop myself and i am like, "you are awesome!!!" and she thinks this is funny and gets a big smile.
makes me want to get some different handlebars for my bike! i never understood the styling of those handlebars, but it was hard to find different styling at the time (oh, this is innovative and better) my ass!! and have the rest of the bike be so good. since, handlebars styles have tended back more toward the kind i like.
(i will probably read this back to myself later and wonder what in the world i am talking about)

oh yeah...i have said it before, that you and pete have something special and i sometimes think about it and how lucky you both are.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

MG wrote:
We have a bird's nest on the ground and the momma sits on her 3 speckled eggs all day. Soon we will have babies. We had to put markers all around so no one steps on the nest as it is quite vulnerable.

Hey! There's a robin's nest in the tree outside my bedroom! And clothes in the dryer waiting to be folded.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

cheryl wrote:
MG wrote:

Hey! There's a robin's nest in the tree outside my bedroom! And clothes in the dryer waiting to be folded.

LOL

Where is Larry when ya need him?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:39 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hiding in his fortress of solitude no doubt. :?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

the no squirrel thing seems a little strange. seems all a sudden i don't see any squirrels when i look outside...(did see one outback the other day)

just seems curious is all...a little twilght zone-y

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Since they are attracted to nuts, it is strange that you don't see any. :D :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:14 am

ArloNetizen

I so love reading these topics. I find myself snorting out loud...
My late mom used to snort when she laughed, so I find I sorta took it up after her...thanks, so much!
Blundering Boo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:41 am

Arlo Fanatic

I'm glad you find laughter here, laughter is GOOD :lol: But I should warn you......this stuff is totally serious. In fact, this week is "no joking around week"...... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:58 am

Arlo Fanatic

all the squirrels are at my house. hanging out and partying til dawn?

wonder what is up with that?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

i don't know...it is strange!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:36 am

Arlo Fanatic

PSBeaty wrote:
all the squirrels are at my house. hanging out and partying til dawn?

wonder what is up with that?

I don't wonder at all. :D

I envision squirrels, en masse, all over agnes' house, ala Hitchcocks "The Birds". That is, after I get them to leave my house. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:58 am

Arlo Fanatic

actually, yesterday at some point i was imagining that i would arrive home and find they had returned, hungover and disheveled, wearing bad tattoos and shaved, pffft

still, it is kind of spooky!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

They will be there soon. They have built a still in one of my trees, and they are distilling fermented acorns as we speak!

agnes, it's a near impossible job......but thanks for making me feel(or seem) normal! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

We had a squirrel come down the chimney once aafter the chimney cap had come off in a storm. We heard all this bumping and banging from downstairs early one morning, and the cats running and chasing something. We came downstairs, and the dog joined the party! We had three animals chasing that squirrel, who was trying real hard to not be breakfast for any or all three! I finally got my son to grab the dog, and opened a door that goes from our family room to the deck, and herded the squirrel out the door with a broom. He ran out the door, leaped over the deck rail, and you could hear the "thud" when he hit the ground...running.

The two cats and the dog were deeply disappointed...that squirrel had been the most fun they'd had in awhile...and it was in the house!

We had the chimney cap replaced...quickly! Before the raccoons discovered that avenue into the house!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.