Forums » Website Related Forums » ArloNet Support / Technical

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:41 pm

The W!zard

Well, having had my iPhone 3G for about 2 weeks now and playing around with all kinds of things... It got me to thinking, it'd be nice to see some of ArloNet's content on the phone in an easy to read fashion.

So, I found this cool tool, and added us to the TapaTalk network.

If you have an iPhone (and are brave enough to give it a try)... Go to the AppStore and download TapaTalk ($2.99). Then once you start it up, go to music and there we are - right up top! Easy access to ArloNet's forums right on your iPhone!!!

Now just a small disclaimer. I have only just started playing around with TapaTalk and it seems to work pretty decently - but it does cost ya $3, and I have no control over the development of the product... So if something doesn't work, I can't fix it.

I told Arlo and he seemed to dig it - so I figured, what the hell... why not let everyone else play along.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:42 pm

The W!zard

Oh, one final word... It should work for iPod Touch as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:56 am

The Folkslinger

It works great on my iPhone. I get to check in more easily than ever so expect a few more notes from the road. As a matter of fact I'm using it now and running for coffee at the same time. What a freaking world. Thanks Dave. I'm loving it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:17 pm

The Folkslinger

The icon on Tapatalk is so much better than the one Apple creates adding to the home page thing. Wonder why that is?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:19 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

A boy and his toys!

Andrea :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:23 pm

The W!zard

They are pretty much exactly the same - but the iPhone adds a glassy bevel to the top half when bookmarking from Safari. Not sure if there is a way to turn that off or not. Just figured out how to do it last night.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:22 pm

The W!zard

Other ways to stay in touch on your iPhone... Check out LetMeKnow in the AppStore. You can have it send push notifications for things like webpage updates, RSS Feeds (ArloNet Announcements / Arlo's Tour Schedule updates), YouTube updates (be notified whenever Jackie posts a new video), Twitter, Craigslist, etc.

If you give it a shot, here are the RSS feeds ArloNet provides:

ArloNet News & Announcements: http://www.arlo.net/forums/blog/rss.php
Tour Schedule: http://www.arlo.net/resources/schedule/rss.php

Jackie's YouTube Username: jguth3

So far, it seems pretty nice... and an easy way to stay informed while on the go!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:01 pm

The W!zard

Just remember... Friends don't let friends post and drive! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Andrea Jackson wrote:
A boy and his toys!

Andrea :D

Risque, huh?.....Whatever :|

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

We don't have an Iphone or IPOD. Our cellphones an LG from Verizon and our several mp3 players are cheaper ones so we won't get to play with this. But if it makes the folkslinger post more, then it's a good thing... :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I love my iTouch... but I hardly ever use it for anything but running to music. Or listening to Stephen Fry read the Harry Potter books. I set some stuff up to study for an exam on it, but mostly use my netbook for that, really...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:06 pm

The W!zard

Just got this and thought I'd share for all interested:

Quote:
The Tapatalk Lite on iPhone

There are few news and updates from Tapatalk development team that we would like to catch your attention. We have released a "Lite" version of Tapatalk for free - this is essentially the same as the paid version except with read-only access (hence the name "RO") to your forum. As a lite user, yon can check private messages, latest posts and topics the same fashion as the paid version. Tapatalk RO is released at iTunes app store and you can download it here.

You can also visit our website for detail comparison betweeen the lite and paid version.

The Tapatalk app on Nokia and Android

We promised that Tapatalk will not only on iPhone and now we are happy to announce that Tapatalk Nokia beta is now ready. Tell your members to grab the beta copies of Nokia app and it is absolutely free. Here is how:
Open the Nokia web browser in your device, enter URL: "http://www.tapatalk.com/nokia/tapatalk.dm", you will be prompted by installation confirmation and it should be installed automatically.
Report bugs and issues at our website
Complete information can be found at our website.

Tapatalk Android app is also entering Beta, if you or any of your members want to have a preview, feel free to drop us a post at this forum and we will send him/her the beta app! Want to get some screenshots of this Android app? We found one of our fellow beta-tester has uploaded a few over at androidcommunity.com!

Follow us on Twitter!

We will post all the important updates, tips and quick announcements via Twitter. Within next week or two we'll share 30 copies iTunes redeem code of Tapatalk iPhone! This is our first time doing it and it's a great way to share it to your members. Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tapatalk.

We hope you enjoy Tapatalk as much as we do!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:48 am

ArloNetizen

Just got tapatalk last night and loving it. Too bad I didn't find this post last year. Lol