Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Update...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:46 pm

The Folkslinger

I'm finding it hard to believe I haven't had a chance to update arlo.net since last Thanksgiving. Jackie and I have been enjoying the first real break in a long, long time. Our house in Sebastian has, after almost 25 years, been finished. It's been a long time coming with a few odds and ends to finish up. But, we're here. and thankful. On the other hand I'm missing the mountain in Massachusetts, with one of the best winters we've had in many years, at least as far as snow goes. Guess you can't have it both ways.

In the meantime, I've simplifying things - abandoning the chatter of FaceBook, MySpace and Twitter etc. I didn't realize how time consuming all that stuff was until I just went ahead and shut it all down. Most anyone I actually know or care about is connected here at arlo.net anyway. And without the ads, sales-pitches and self-promoting garbage entering my field of view, it's been fairly peaceful. The world looks a little better without the technology at times. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's all great stuff, but sometimes enuff is too much.

I've been slowly adding date and gig info into the schedule for anyone interested, and Dave is talking about updating the calendar in ways I don't understand - but it's always good. Also, we're finishing up the logistical support for the 2nd leg of the "Journey On" tour. We'll be ready to roll pretty soon. And I can hardly wait! With Abe, Terry, Bobby, Jody and Jeannie, Annie and Marie - it's been awesome!

There'll be a few surprises as far as venues go, and I'll add them as soon as they're confirmed. Things are looking good :)

See You Somewhere,
adg

Post subject: Re: Update...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

@

Last edited by len on Sat May 28, 2011 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

howdy arlo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:57 pm

ArloNetizen

Really glad to hear that things are going well and you are getting some time to yourself, and that the house is finally FINISHED!! That must be such a great feeling for you and the family.
Waiting patiently, although snowbound in MA for upcoming gigs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Excellent! Hope you come somewhere close to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

Glad you're enjoying yourself hon! :) Can I be envious of you in Fla with it being cold in VA? We'll miss ya on Facebook but glad to see you here. Half the time I forget to get on Facebook untill I get a mail notifying me of something going on on there.

I am going to both Hampton, VA shows for sure. Will be fun as usual. Sadly I won't get to go to the shows at the Birchmere or Wolftrap Park because I have no one to go with me now that Mike has passed. My folks being up in age can't handle going that far north. At least they are going with me to Hampton. Since they can't handle going to the show, they are gonna hang out in the motel room while we go to the show. My friend Debbie who went with me to the Charlottesville show probably can't go to the Birchmere or Wolftrap shows cuz she might have to work then and never knows until last minute notice. It's sad not getting to go to the shows in Northern VA cuz I always went with Mike. We made it a real trip on the way back stopping off at the Potomac Mills outlet mall on the way back home. At least I get to go to the Hampton shows, but the nite of the other 2 shows I will sit at home depressed lol. This is why you don't want a husband to die on you. He was my little concert buddy, friend pal and love of my life. And he loved you to death too.

I found out SLG and Johnny are coming to Richmond. I want to go but it is bad timing. It's on Sat Feb 12. That is the nite of our churches Valentines Banquet. And I've been going to that every yr since 1984 probably maybe 83. Long time. Wish they were coming on another nite. I have no idea what I'm gonna do now. Sigh. Too much going on at the same time. They come local and it's on a nite I may not be able to go on.

Fri nite are the bluegrass jams I play in up at Rivermont Presbyterian church in Enon (Chester), VA. If you or any other blunderites wanna have fun, come and join us. I finally got the chordbars fixed on my autoharp so I will bring that instead of my guitar. I'll still bring my mountain dulcimer and canjos.

Glad your doing well. I hope the new upcoming gigs means a show in Richmond is in the works. :) We miss you around here. Glad you got the house done. I bet you enjoy it! Have a good time enjoying yourself. You deserve it. Love and hugs to you. See ya in March. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

Nice to hear you and Jackie are enjoying yourselves!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hey, Arlo! So good to hear from you! Glad to know the house in Sebastian is finally finished! Woo-hoo! Man, I'd love a house somewhere with palm trees! I was just telling a friend, my knees would really appreciate a house somewhere with palm trees. Someday....

See ya somewhere down the road!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

Howdy, neighbor! Glad to hear your Sebastian digs are finally done. Enjoy today's beautiful weather (mid-70's and sunny); I know I will. We have to wait down here for hurricane season to get our "snow days."

mikey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

We are way beyond snow days and well into snow daze!
And yeah, adg, Dave does all kind of stuff that I don't understand either. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

So Arlo, did you make the new house big enough for all the family, or did you wisely build small, but near a Hampton Inn?
In any event, I'm very jealous. I just spent over a week in Florida and cruising the Caribbean, and coming back to frosted Long Island was tough.

From my Droid using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey adg, good to hear from you :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like a fun trip. I wouldn't want to be in ya'lls snowstorm tho. Hey ADG if the house is big enough to hold a bunch of blunderites, think we'll all come over and escape the cold. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Hey Slinger,
Very Good to hear from you. It's great to hear about your house being completed and having some quality time.I like the Idea of you having room for a few Blunderites. I hope you get back to Canada for a few shows. I was telling Annie.. when I was in Cuba I had my IPOD and a neat little speaker system that sat at the beach or pool with me. You would be surprized at the people stopping at my chair to have a listen, Peter told me to turn it down because we were attracting to many people come over to us. The Cuban's really like your music and the Burn's sisters, Folk Uke and Pete's Guantanamera. Y'all can come to Canada and then we can all go to Cuba,nexy year. Sound good.?
Maybe Pete and I will renew our wedding vows for our 20th anniversary, still trying to talk him into it.
Stay well and travel safe, my friend.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:23 am

BlunderVirgin

Hey Arlo,

Glad your house is finally completed!!! I'll be at Kashi in March. Who knows, maybe we'll catch up with each then.

Take care.

Love,
Jyoti Ma