Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:15 pm

The Folkslinger

It's that time of year again, coming into winter when the sun get's up late and goes down early. That means Thanksgiving and the coming holiday season is about to begin. I love this time. It's different all over the world depending on where you are. But, here up in the North East, in New England the tourists and part time residents have, for the most part, left. They'll come back next Spring. But, for now, the world is ours to ourselves. And locals get together to make the passing of winter less lonely and desolate. Like the sap in the trees this is a time to return to the earth and rest in wonderment and awe within the womb of life. It s a time for the little death - the one from which we are reborn, renewed and rejuvenated.

It would so easy to get caught up in the political frenzies making the news, and ignore the surrounding ebb and flow of the seasons as we transit thru the relentless beauty so subtle at times and at other times so overwhelming. It is important to participate in both and not get lost in either. The balance is in the dance of our awareness. We are indeed loved by every wisp of the breeze whether inside our hearts or outside our windows. I pay attention to both as best I can under usual conditions. At the deepest depth we are the witnesses to our own worlds. And for those who dare to peer behind the veil we can emerge up through the dizzying heights into a world beyond worlds. For that I am forever thankful - that is honest gratitude, awareness of grace and the real Thanksgiving.

adg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Everything to you and your family Arlo. And the same to all of my other friends here -- I feel so thankful to have met and shared some life with you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

nortonkevin wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Everything to you and your family Arlo. And the same to all of my other friends here -- I feel so thankful to have met and shared some life with you.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU..FOR THE LOVE & LIGHT & THE FRIENDS I'VE MET HERE LIKE KEVIN & THE SMILE I HAVE IN MY HEART. ALL THE BEST TO YOUR WONDERFUL FAMILY. :D :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

That's beautiful, arlo. I'm leaving a link for this song because it's veterans day tomorrow, and protest and thanks do get mixed up together. So protest and a prayer because there are worlds beyond worlds and while we are loved, we are not alone.

Peace. And thanks for always being there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnDOtd8e8Ao

Last edited by len on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well played, Mr. G., and the best of the coming season to you and yours!

mikey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:37 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hey adg! Happy Merry everything to you and your family. It's just starting to get hot down here in Queensland! I miss changing leaves and the white Christmases of my childhood in Oregon. Christmas will never be the same as I lost my Mom this year, but I will be with all the rest of my family and that is something to be thankful for. Have a wonderful Holiday Season adg and all my Blunderite friends! Hugs from Louise. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:59 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Well thanks Arlo for pointing out the need for balance in this un-balanced world.

I for one do tend to tilt into things. It feels so natural, as if driven by unseen momentum.

Louise I'm so sorry you lost your Mom. Bless your heart.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Happy Thanksgiving to your and you family hon! Love ya! You are an inspiration! :)Have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas season! Love to you. Great job by Len. Hugs to Louise on the loss of her mom. Have a great fall everyone! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 pm

ArloNetizen

hi arlo :!: :!: :!: happy thanksgiving and a merry everything to you to man :D p.s.i am a 13 year old fan so you are still loved...i am listening to you right now :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

It is so cool to see the young folks liking Arlo. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:02 pm

BlunderVirgin

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. A thought...Alice's Restaurant! Wouldn't it be awesome if all of the Occupy protestors broke out it a chorus of Alice's Restaurant tomorrow seeings how it will be Thanksgiving. People would definately think it was a movement!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Harumph. OK, beautifully written and expressed and same to you, as far as that goes...but I see no mention of gratitude for the sacrifices made by the earth's root vegetables at this time of year...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:06 am

Arlo Fanatic

Happy Thanksgiving kids! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:37 am

The W!zard

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family and thanks for all that you do to make the world a better place! To all my friends... a video Thanksgiving present:

Enjoy!