Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Guthrie Family Updates
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:49 am

The W!zard

The following was posted to Facebook just a few minutes ago... Just passing this along with a hopeful heart:

Dear Friends,

We are very sad to say that our Mom, Jackie is battling liver cancer. She is surrounded by her family and in good spirits. We respectfully ask for privacy at this time.

Things are changing too quickly to update everyone everyday but we will let you know how we are doing when we can. There's no need to post "get well" wishes throughout the social media as she isn't reading any of it, and she prefers that everyone holds their wishes and prayers in the privacy of their hearts - where it really counts, because we really do need them now.

Love,
The Guthrie Family

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hugs and love to you Arlo, Jackie and family. Prayers just said. Been praying already.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

wanted to at least acknowledge that i have read this...comforting wishes to all of you

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Saw the FB post a few minutes ago. We'll be praying for Jackie and the family.

Best to all of you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:47 pm

ArloNetizen

I know they aren't reading this and have a lot more to think about, but a lot of prayers and good wishes have been mentioned on social media sites. I sure hope they work because we'll keep on sending hope and love to all the Guthries.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 am

Arlo Fanatic

More prayers just said. Amen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:54 am

Senior ArloNetizen

in my heart, always.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

More prayers, Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:29 am

The Folkslinger

We have had a lot to be thankful for over the years and decades and everyone in the family counts our friends here among them. You're the best bunch of funny wonderful and crazy people we know. We love you all. We arrived in our little town of Sebastian where we are working with friends and docs who are giving Jackie the best shot they've got. T-Shirt Cathy and Hot-Pepper Bill set up a little room in the house that was so beautiful that Jackie was in tears just seeing what they'd done. As usual I'm up very early and have just had a cup of java while waiting for the new day to begin. Everyday counts, every sunrise another moment to be thankful. When every glance, and every word could be the last thing someone sees or hears, well naturally, you tend to be a little more worth paying attention to. We learned that decades ago when we visited the sick and dying in the places we went with our wonderful guru and friend, Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati. We kept that in mind for every gig we ever did and most of the things I ever wrote or said. Not always (we're not that good). And today we have friends from all over the world who are writing and reaching out to us with a kind word or thoughtful prayer. And all we can do is say 'Thank You.'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:48 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Love!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sending a great big heartful of love to Jackie, you, and the whole family!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

Peace and Love for you all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:35 am

Senior ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
We have had a lot to be thankful for over the years and decades and everyone in the family counts our friends here among them. You're the best bunch of funny wonderful and crazy people we know. We love you all. We arrived in our little town of Sebastian where we are working with friends and docs who are giving Jackie the best shot they've got. T-Shirt Cathy and Hot-Pepper Bill set up a little room in the house that was so beautiful that Jackie was in tears just seeing what they'd done. As usual I'm up very early and have just had a cup of java while waiting for the new day to begin. Everyday counts, every sunrise another moment to be thankful. When every glance, and every word could be the last thing someone sees or hears, well naturally, you tend to be a little more worth paying attention to. We learned that decades ago when we visited the sick and dying in the places we went with our wonderful guru and friend, Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati. We kept that in mind for every gig we ever did and most of the things I ever wrote or said. Not always (we're not that good). And today we have friends from all over the world who are writing and reaching out to us with a kind word or thoughtful prayer. And all we can do is say 'Thank You.'

love and light your way! there is no depth of my gratitude. you showed me gifts that i was not seeing. i am humbled everyday but life's beautiful awesomeness. you have a very special clan there. much love to all of you. you have made my life shine brighter and are all always in my heart.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 am

Arlo Fanatic

Love and blundervibes from here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Glad you're in Sebastian. Prayers, love, and blundervibes from up here in Ocala.

mikey