Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for the info! I bet that was a good program. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:53 pm

BlunderVirgin

I found this board while trying to remember when and where it was that I saw him... It was at an outdoor spring or summer concert on a farm in NH, I believe between 1980 and 1984. He played with Jonathan Edwards, Taj Mahal, Richie Havens and Country Joe 'n' The Fish. The show started at about 2 p.m. and went until 2 a.m. We arrived in a van and set up a tent in the woods off the right side of the stage, got impaired around the camp fire... Great show!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 am

Arlo Fanatic

That sounds like so much fun! I saw an Arlo show with Ritchie Havens once. It was at Wolftrap Park. Welcome to the site! :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 pm

BlunderVirgin

Hi, I didn't see this concert listed. I have my ticket stub from March 14, 1973 at what was then called Municipal Auditorium in Austin, Texas. I was in high school and my ticket cost a whole $5.00. I think he was in Austin the year before as well. I didn't get to go but my friends said the show was moved to the building where they did dog shows and stuff because there was something else going on in the main auditorium. Hope to see Arlo again someday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 am

Arlo Fanatic

Neat info. Hopefully Dave can add the info to the lists of Arlo shows. Welcome to the site! :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:40 am

BlunderVirgin

I remember going to a show with Arlo and Pete at Waterloo Village in NJ in the 80's. A storm came through and no one could leave the tent. They moved all the lawn seat people inside the tent and Arlo and Pete kept on playing, sometimes without speakers until the storm passed. There were point I thought the tent was coming down, but they kept us singing. I saw them both at Waterloo other years, but that concert I will never forget.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:55 pm

BlunderVirgin

Dave wrote:
Dave wrote:
\Our current database starts on June 06, 1998 - so if you have any info about shows earlier than this, please post them here!

Looking for shows EARLIER than June 6, 1998 - ie: 1961-1998.

Hi. I saw Arlo in Minneapolis in 1988. He was at a club way out in the burbs somewhere. He had tour shirts with a buffalo on them and tie-dye. I bought one. I had it signed and even GOT A HUG. I am lucky I made it back to my brother's house. I was in such a daze. I would love to know the name of the club and the date of that show. The club had tables in it and levels. I remember too, when I got there I was really surprised to see he had silvery-white hair. The guys in the cheap seats wanted him to play Alice. I was alone and someone nice sat with me. At the end he walked off stage and the people at the closest table thought he was done and left. Yours truly crept down to their table just to breathe the air Arlo had been in. After a bit he. CAME. BACK. ON STAGE and sang Amazing Grace about six feet from my face. and then the shirt . . and the autograph . . and the HUG.
See why I don't remember driving back to my brother's house?
I am posting this because I am going to see him again in a couple of months. I hope I can get another hug! See you in Fargo, Arlo <3 So sorry for your recent loss- Uncle Pete. It broke my heart, too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

That is such a neat story! Welcome to the site. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:58 pm

BlunderVirgin

This was the first time that I saw / recorded Arlo:

3/23/91
Ventura Theater
Ventura, CA

Nakamichi CM-300s w/CP-1 Cardioids->Sony WM-D6C Cassette->CDR->FLAC
(Recorded By OldNeumanntapr) Audience Master; Front Row Balcony, Mid Left,
Cassette Master Transferred: Sony TC-D5M >HHb CDR 800 PRO,
Tayio Uden CD Masters >FLAC (Level 8) Via xACT 2.28

Chilling Of The Evening
I Ain't Got No Home
When The Ship Comes In
The Motorcycle Song
Darkest Hour
Coming Into Los Angeles
Keep The Dream Alive
Wake Up Dead
Oklahoma Nights
Gabriel's Mother's Highway Ballad #16
When A Soldier Makes It Home
City Of New Orleans
Amazing Grace Intro >
John Newton Story >
Amazing Grace
All Over The World
Can't Help Falling In Love
Highway In The Wind

(I gave a copys to Arlo's bus driver at the recent show at the Clark Center in Arroyo Grande, CA on 4/8/15 but I don't know if he received them.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:56 pm

BlunderVirgin

I was trying to figure out when I saw Arlo and Pete at an outdoor concert in Santa Fe, NM. Can't jog my memory. Probably in the late 1980's or early 1990's. It doesn't really matter when because its always a great time with music and the stories!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:21 am

BlunderVirgin

I just found this site and I love it. I have been a fan of ADG since I was in my teens and I am about 6 months younger than him. First time I saw him live was at the Marco Beach Marriot in Marco Island, Florida. It was him alone doing a gig in the grand ballroom before a few hundred people and I think the year was about 1981 or 1982. Anyone have any information about that? I got him to sign my album cover of the original Alice's Restaurant Album I had that I have since lost. Just saw him recently here in Clearwater in Feb and that was a very teary night for me but would not have missed it. I've played guitar since I was 10 but haven't touched one for years. Seeing him again has me taking it up again but I'll never play as well as him. I just want to enjoy myself now. Back in the 60's he talks about playing coffee houses and I did some of that and had a chance to play with Patrick Sky and Buffie St. Marie a couple times when they came through Wilmington, Delaware where I lived.

I spend some time traveling down memory lane lately and listening to old Woody songs and Ramblin Jack and a ton of ADG and his kids. Sarah Lee is awesome and I'm so happy that I got to see her open his show here. Now watching the 4th generation of Guthries on stage fills my heart and I know he must be so proud of his kids and grand kids. (yes even Cathy.... she's a hoot with Amy Nelson) Just please keep it up Arlo as best you can. I'm going to try to make it to Mass later this year and maybe Carnegie for Thanksgiving if you're going to still do that show this year.

Thank you all for making this site.

DarylS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome. Arlo has so many memories for so many people.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:58 pm

BlunderVirgin

1986-06-16 South Bend, IN Morris Civic Auditorium (There is a nice soundboard recording of this out there)

And a little additional info on:
1977-07-02 Milwaukee, WI Summerfest Main Stage This show was with Pete Seeger and Shenandoah
1980-07-02 Milwaukee, WI Summerfest Main Stage This show was with Pete Seeger and Shenandoah as well

Love from Milwaukee for Arlo and all the Blunderites!

Last edited by badlatitude on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:30 pm

The Folkslinger

badlatitude wrote:
1986-06-16 South Bend, IN Morris Civic Auditorium (There is a nice soundboard recording of this out there)

Thanks! I didn't have this one!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 pm

BlunderVirgin

so I am new to this forum and the whole Arlo Net thing. I am currently digitalizing some of live cassette recordings. Today I was listing to Arlo Guthrie & Shenandoah, 1982-10-09, Benefit for Nuclear Disarmament, Orpheum Theater, Boston, MA. I plan to post to the taper's section to offer copies to those with desire to here this recording.
My best guess at the setlist is:
01 Blowing in the Wind
02 Which Side Are You On
03 Terry's Song
04 I Don't Want a Bunny Wunny
05 I'll Get Mine
06 City Of New Orleans
07 Arlo talks to the audience
08 Victor Jara
09 Arlo talks some more
10 Alice's // Restaurant
11 Coming Into Los Angeles