Forums » Website Related Forums » News & Announcements

Post subject: Re: Back On The River
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Wow! Well, that's one I've never heard of or had myself - Centaurs? Hope they weren't chasing you... Reminds me of the Hercules or Xena warrior Princess TV shows. I loved 'em. Back when TV was more fun and better.

Meanwhile, here's one from this morning way before light. Not much going on, but I was waiting, coffee in one hand, camera in the other.

Attachment:
AGT30570.JPG

oh wow! i see a streak going across,,,,is that a shooting star? or maybe just some flying ship….i don’t know, i can’t really tell. nice picture though, sort of velvety crisp?

i wonder if jupiter is in that low-on-the-horizon triune?

i don’t know!

…..

oh that centaur!

when i challenged that the dream was just a dream in my dream, it was more and more as if i was wide awake in broad daylight. then all the sudden a big ol’ blue musclebound centaur popped in out of nowhere and was after a small group of us with his bow and arrows,,,i jump over a fence and rolled down a hill of tall grass,,,and then i woke up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

p.s. i hate that your picture attachments don't carry over.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:23 am

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:

If you click on the picture, then a full size photo should show up on your screen. Then just drag the picture to your desk top, and it should appear as a normal photograph on your desktop. That's what I do here anyway. Of course you'd have to see a picture to begin with, and that doesn't always seem to be the case. This is an old 'forum' program, and it hasn't been updated for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
agnes wrote:

If you click on the picture, then a full size photo should show up on your screen. Then just drag the picture to your desk top, and it should appear as a normal photograph on your desktop. That's what I do here anyway. Of course you'd have to see a picture to begin with, and that doesn't always seem to be the case. This is an old 'forum' program, and it hasn't been updated for a while.

oh i’m sorry, ‘hate’ is a strong word. i can see the picture in your original posting of the picture. i can click on it and it gets big too. it is just when i “reply with quotes” the picture doesn’t carry over, it just has the letters and numbers from it without the picture, and it doesn’t do anything if i try to click on the letters and numbers. but you can see it on the previous page, where you originally posted it. i mean, if it looks like it does for me, for other people as well, they can still see your picture, they will just have to go back a page and see it in your original post.

is what i was trying to say

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:57 pm

The Folkslinger

agnes wrote:
adg wrote:
agnes wrote:

oh i’m sorry, ‘hate’ is a strong word. i can see the picture in your original posting of the picture. i can click on it and it gets big too. it is just when i “reply with quotes” the picture doesn’t carry over, it just has the letters and numbers from it without the picture, and it doesn’t do anything if i try to click on the letters and numbers. but you can see it on the previous page, where you originally posted it. i mean, if it looks like it does for me, for other people as well, they can still see your picture, they will just have to go back a page and see it in your original post.

is what i was trying to say

Yeah, although that makes sense, keeping the posts without carrying over the picture too. Otherwise the post would be taking up enormous space - repeating what has already been posted. If I like a photo someone has posted, I just download it. It just gets referenced in the replies, not actually posted agin.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

oh yeah, the taking up space thing, that makes sense.

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:38 pm

The Folkslinger

adg wrote:
Wow! Well, that's one I've never heard of or had myself - Centaurs? Hope they weren't chasing you... Reminds me of the Hercules or Xena warrior Princess TV shows. I loved 'em. Back when TV was more fun and better.

Meanwhile, here's one from this morning way before light. Not much going on, but I was waiting, coffee in one hand, camera in the other.

Attachment:
AGT30570.JPG

I remember many years ago having a dream where I was being chased by hippos! Actually just one rampaging hippo. I was going to look up the significance but never got around to it. They never attacked again anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
adg wrote:

Attachment:
AGT30570.JPG

I remember many years ago having a dream where I was being chased by hippos! Actually just one rampaging hippo. I was going to look up the significance but never got around to it. They never attacked again anyway.

wow, a rampaging hippo,,,,that can be scary. i don’t know what was going on in your awake life at that time, but i believe dreams are a way of processing like, stuff,,,,like processing your own observation of, or your own interpretation of awake stuff. and i would not call it cut and dry like, in how the dream manifests.

yeah, i like to sort out my own dreams, like how that sleeping process relates to my awake experiences. i do feel like i am processing something in my awake world (or maybe i am just having fun!, haha). but in this specific instance, the centaur wasn’t the main part of the dream…it happened right after i said to myself and to another person in my dream who was distressed, that this is a dream, i said it again and then again, and then everything became more and more like broad daylight like, “there are no hallucinations (or dream processes) happening here”, and i’m sure it is a dream,,, and then the centaur pops in from out of nowhere…classic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:31 am

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
Wow the day is ending, and evening colors of the setting sun are washing over the river. It's been a real honest day off - First one in a long time. I didn't go out, no one came by, no one called, I didn't have to get dressed in street clothes. Naturally that won't continue, but what a great freaking day!

I had some comments on social media sites, mainly on some pictures. That was nice, and I got to answer a few people who had questions about one thing or another. But mostly I just lounged around getting some pool time (man that was cold water), and some sun (desperately needed).

It actually takes about a week to undo the habits of being on the road, going somewhere every day. And get used to the idea of being in one place for more than a day or two. Who'd a thunk? Being cooped up in a 45 foot tin can also takes some getting used to. Many have tried, and many went home when the glamor wore off - A few days.

I'm extraordinarily thankful for the family and crew I've had, who've been able to endure the life. Special people. It's definitely not for everyone.

Anyway, as noted, the day is ending and we're going to run out looking for nearby food. And I should also note, I'm very grateful to everyone (anyone) reading this. After almost 30 years of being online, during the trials and tribulations, new tech, the rise of social media, all the stuff, its nice to know there's someone still here (aside from me). As you've no doubt figured out, I'm thrilled it's still going, and that I'm able to play with it.

xxx :)

I remember the days when I was TNKB03A in Produgy...!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:30 am

The Folkslinger

sue wrote:
adg wrote:
Wow the day is ending, and evening colors of the setting sun are washing over the river. It's been a real honest day off - First one in a long time. I didn't go out, no one came by, no one called, I didn't have to get dressed in street clothes. Naturally that won't continue, but what a great freaking day!

I had some comments on social media sites, mainly on some pictures. That was nice, and I got to answer a few people who had questions about one thing or another. But mostly I just lounged around getting some pool time (man that was cold water), and some sun (desperately needed).

It actually takes about a week to undo the habits of being on the road, going somewhere every day. And get used to the idea of being in one place for more than a day or two. Who'd a thunk? Being cooped up in a 45 foot tin can also takes some getting used to. Many have tried, and many went home when the glamor wore off - A few days.

I'm extraordinarily thankful for the family and crew I've had, who've been able to endure the life. Special people. It's definitely not for everyone.

Anyway, as noted, the day is ending and we're going to run out looking for nearby food. And I should also note, I'm very grateful to everyone (anyone) reading this. After almost 30 years of being online, during the trials and tribulations, new tech, the rise of social media, all the stuff, its nice to know there's someone still here (aside from me). As you've no doubt figured out, I'm thrilled it's still going, and that I'm able to play with it.

xxx :)

I remember the days when I was TNKB03A in Produgy...!!!

I can't remember who I was Hahahaha