Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Setlists & Show Reports

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 1999 5:08 am

Senior ArloNetizen

...another terrific evening...old stories and new stories...and a few surprises as always....Sara, unfortunately, lost her voice somewhere in the last couple of days...though when she did sing, she sounded fine to me....but it must have been a strain for her, as she mostly accompanied Dad and Abe...the cowboy story with 'get along little doggie,yippie...etc....is so funny and best heard from the storyteller himself...;)...Arlo did an African song that he's working on for his upcoming trip...that sounded alot like Guabi, Guabi...and that was a real treat to hear live....the audience was a very friendly one....lots of folks meeting up or talkin together in groups....strangers and new friends.....especially moving to me there was an older gentleman near us in the wheelchair section....he didn't move at all, seemed quite ill and never opened his eyes....berklee staff and audience folks lifted him into a seat...and he sat through the concert, holding the hand of his companion....kinda says it all, you know?....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 1999 5:23 am

Senior ArloNetizen

....i'm terrible at this set list thingy....especially since i dropped my pen just as CONO started....so here it is...best as i can...i realized during the concert it's been 30 years this week since i first saw arlo perform live...wow...what a fine trip it is...and may it keep on going if it's supposed to....;)...

Ocean Crossing,House of the Rising Sun,Alice (standing ovation0
)When a Soldier, Reuben James, Garden Song (including the anti- verse:), Ukelele Lady,for Hoyt, Golden River, Freight Train, Cono, Get Along little Dogies, Telephone Song, Keys to the Highway, African song Guabi,Last Train,This Land,MotorcycleSong,Under Cover of night, and a couple barsof louis,louis from Abe....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 1999 9:57 am

Another fine evening with Family Guthrie. Arlo, Abe, and Sarah sounded so good together. The harmonies on Golden River, Ruben James, Doggies, and Last Train were great. Arlo appropriately did Telephone and commented on hearing someone's cell phone go off earlier in the show. Ugh... Why can't these phones just go away??? Also, Arlo had a great, sharp response to "Play 'Last Train'...'sounds like a drive thru...'": "When I need a suggestion..." Arlo must have felt sorry as he later played it for him.
Though I've lost count on the number of Arlo shows (well over 50... is this something I should be admitting?), my favorite ones are when I can convert/subvert new folks into Blunderites. My brother's girlfriend and my sister's boyfriend both became part of the family last night. YipeeTiYiYo, Arlo!

Here is the set list in the correct order w/some corrections from an earlier posting:
1. My Front Pages
2. House of the Rising Sun
3. Alice's Rest.
4. When A Soldier Makes It Home
5. Ruben James w/Sarah joining for the rest of the show
6. Garden Song
intermission
7. Ykelele Lady for Hoyt Axton
8. Sailing Down My Golden River
9. Frieght Train
10. City of New Orleans
11. Git Along Little Doggies
12. Telephone
13. Keys To The Highway
14. Last Train
15. Guabi, Guabi
16. This Land is Your Land
encore
17. Motorcycle Song (1 verse)
18. Under Cover of Night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 1999 2:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like ya'll had a great time! The TELEPHONE song was very appropriate for the nite. There is an off button on those phones ya know. LOL!

30 yrs of seeing Arlo! Cool! I keep wishing I'd become a fan back then & started going to Arlo shows back then instead of being someone who knew ALICES & CONO & liked those fine but didn't become a fan until renting the ALICES movie from Blockbuster Video in 1988. Better late than never! Still the last 10 or more yrs have been a blessing with Arlo in it. :)

Anybody got a fashion report? Red socks & black suit I presume? :)