Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 10:58 am

Arlo Fanatic

ALERT!!!

be advised: Kim has been sighted on the toptrop board!!

i'm hiding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Batten down the hatches! Rig for depth charges! Battle stations...battle stations!
Ahhhuuuuugaaa...ahhhhuuuugggaaaa!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:13 pm

Even scarier....I was providing information for Cheryl because I thought she might like to read it.....being NICE, in other words!

Sorry, I must be slipping....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:44 pm

wow, stranger yet, a Kim, being nice......
is this an era of digital peristroika?
harmonic dissonance?
or, perhaps, a mellowing with, dare I say it "age" heheheeh

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Bumper on Jun 19, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

ALL CLEAR!!! i hope.....

got the check...headed for circuit city now..

then the marzipan store.

poof!!! all gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:30 pm

yipee!! have fun, todd and mike!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 2:01 am

Site Admin

Bon Voyage sir,s!!
Have a great time!
Keep your receipts from this business trip for next years taxes.. Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 2:08 am

If you know what a clap-slate is you are already on the right track. Don't let the clapper bounce or your editor will have trouble syncing it. You can also tail-slate very long takes of several minutes, like you get a lot of in documentaries. Hold the clapper upside down for tail slates so the editor will know the difference at 4 AM when the caffeine is wearing off.

The rest is in the books. Real FILM making is kind of a lost art. You might have to hit the libraries for books that really talk about real movie making. Most are from the seventies. Everything since about 1980 is MTV.

Mostly the old cliche still holds. Make a little movie, learn what you did wrong, make a slightly bigger movie, learn what you did wrong. Then look inside and see what you are passionate about, what makes you cuss, what keeps you awake, what obsesses you, and what will keep you going for 2-4 years of hell, poverty, and emotional abuse. That's your movie.

I never made my movie. I made a lot of films, but I worried about money and being too old, and what the kids wanted to see. Hope you have good luck, and make your movie. We need movies.

-Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 10:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

thanks, z...
good food for thought.

i can't remember whom?? but i heard someone on tv say..nothing new has been made since 1978...it's all remakes of one sort or another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 7:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by todd:

i can't remember whom?? but i heard someone on tv say..nothing new has been made since 1978...it's all remakes of one sort or another.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's kind of a variation on the old, "There are only 8 plots," adage. Commercial film making has always recycled the same old stories and ideas. It was pretty much all there by 1938, let alone 1978. By then they'd already remade Ben-Hur and Phantom and Hunchback at least twice.

I'm not sure there is much left that can really be done with the film medium itself. One can tell new stories, but I would be hard put to think of a way that wouldn't call up associations to other movies. It's going to take more work and thought than I want to put into film/video at this point. I decided I can get more bang/buck from static pieces and images. They use time in a completely different manner, and allow more to happen simultaneously. But I'm only speaking for myself here.

-Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 8:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

keep talking, kid..cos i'm listening.......

makes me think of ushieba:: a man can only be attacked by five at a time...anymore, and they get in their own way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2001 11:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I figured out a few years back that if you live long enough, you've read all the books and seen all the movies. After a while they have new titles but you've seen them, read them..whatever...all before, at least when it comes to mainstream, regular type stuff. It's a good thing the internet came along when it did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 4:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

i always figured i had an easy life...basically cruised thru doing absolutely nothing!

a few years back my therapist/friend remarked that georgia and i had rough lives??

huh? how could that be?

i noticed that georgia was finally sharing her pain about her dear son michael..my son's
namesake. i didn't post in reference to it..
cos i was just glad to listen...witness the closure,,so to speak.

yesterday, georgia watched while the police cuffed and took her living son away.

i am so truly sorry for what my addiction did to you and your boys. i use the word rarely, but i do Pray that it's not too late.

Be fruitfull and multiply...IOW: go fuck yoursevles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 9:01 am

Senior ArloNetizen

georgia, i will pray for your son.

todd, it's true (it has to be) that your addiction affects people near to you... but it doesn't make them what they are. it can make it a hell of a lot harder, but there were still choices that were made. children of alcoholics, of drug users, of smokers, of violent people are not always alcoholics or drug users or smokers or violent people themselves.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.