Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 11:28 am

Arlo Fanatic

NEIL YOUNG IS A GOD

*Had I known the box set (sold at GC auction) went so cheap I would have bought it.
I woke up, with a dream it sold for $125.00. Damned if it didn't...also feeling like a putz, for not at least bidding......Image

** I'm pretty sure moneys go to Neil's two sons. Call it research or whatever? Genetics can be a funny thing.

Didn't mean to slam Neil. I find it outstanding that these folksingers (some slingers) can show up at the same time, every yr. on the same day, doing the same thing. It's nice WE have political voice, coming from outside the arena. People who stand up (and break beer bottles if necessary) and remind us all... Theres allot of shit going on, and some of it aint right!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

If I remember correctly, Neil's wife runs a school for autistic kids called the Bridge School. I understand lots of musicians perform at benefits to raise money for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 7:25 pm

This site was so slow for a couple of days that I couldn't stand to be here much, but I wanna come here & tell Todd here, for all to see, what I've already told him by e-mail---His offer of the autographs was very nice & is much appreciated. Way to go, Mike, indeed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 12:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

gee Joe you have never e-mailed me anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 10:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

me neither!!!

and with this heat, I get pissed off REAL easily!!!! Image

but i coulda' told you todd was cool! (in a sweaty, sticky kinda way!) Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 11:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

I've heard that Neil is very good to his busdriver, too. Has to be a good guy at heart. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 7:44 pm

To all those complaining that I never e-mailed them---

None of you ever offered me a baseball player's autograph!

Seriously, it was just last month that my daughter graciously gave up one of her 80 screen names so I could have one. I've sent less than 10 e-mails my whole life.

But since Nathen asked first, I'll do something I've never done---I will post some song lyrics to the lyrics thread & dedicate 'em to Nathen! No time now, though; there's some thought around here that I should be making dinner now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 1:48 am

Arlo Fanatic

son jason is here..has disks and will wipe out this computer and reload..

i mean, i mean, i really buggered this machine up..and it only took me six years.

just not comfortable when he looks at me lovingly and says, "every time i look at you,
i realize how smart i am."

fuck'm!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 7:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

my puter isn't fast enough or something to install m.e.

but jase dumped a bunch of old files and it runs a bit smoother.

maybe someday i'll be able to get a new puter.

not that anyone really cares..just running my mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 8:04 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

i care - glad it's running smoother for now, boss! same thing worked for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 8:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I care, Todd, I care. What are you running? No one that I've talked to particularly liked ME. 98 is an improvment over 95, but not necessarily if you have an older computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 2:04 am

Me was already on my current computer. (Always sounds like Tarzan... Me Operating System, You Jane.) It's really pretty impossible to compare, because everything else is different, but I was having a very bad time with W98 on the old box, but on this new one Me is dead stable, and faster than a speeding Harley enroute to the local biker bar the day the $300 tax check comes. Me caches old dlls when you install things, so maybe it'll stay that way. So far I'm happy with the OS. Image

-Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 5:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

We made it to Mikes sisters in Columbus, OH. My 486 laptop has been horribly sloooow. Had trouble getting into the free & cheap internets & even AOL. Image Been that wasy since Fri. Now at this time of the am for the very first time it is running fast LOL! Must be that Columbus is now asleep. Good for me. I can get caught up now on my message baords & e-mail. Another thing slowing me up was our almost 16 nephew is on the phone constantly with his girlfriend. He was on till 4:30 am the other nite LOL! I couldn't wait any longer for him to get off lol! If you want a slooow puter get a 486 LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2001 2:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Todd what your sayin is important. Don't let ignorance be your bliss (as you are obviously not)!

*Also be glad Jason is there. My kids seem to be on this permanent vacation. Someday I'm gonna hire this puter nerd down the street, to delete a bunch of my useless crap..(and I dought the boy's will like it).

**FREE RB's PC NOW!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2001 7:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

it sure is quiet on this site??

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.