Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 2:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

that is weird. Image (((todd))) i know it wasn't you, either. and they probably think it's weird, and know it wasn't you... or, they will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 2:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Someone (not from here) had sent me a candle lighting letter & the letter was an attachment. Fortunately I highlighted & copied & sent to people that way instead of sending the attachment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 3:11 pm

BlunderVirgin

I am a canadian living and working in Detroit for the past 11 yrs. My wife Diana is American. I just wanted to say that When I grew up in Canada,I always felt part of the United States of America.I think it is partly because television let us into each others countries and the world community a lot more than radio did.Don't forget TV was new back in my days in the 50's. I remember exactly what I and my parents and brothers were doing when Kennedy was killed and when Martin Luther King was killed. I watched American sports all my life as well as Canadian. Most people in Canada feel like our relationship has always been like a big and small brother relationship. Even thought we have our differences;when the chips are down; Canada will always support the USA.Friends in New Brunswick just talked to me last night.Moncton,next to maine;The airport there had 25 jumbo jets land and stay.There were 3,000 passengers many American,some British.My friends put up a couple in their own home; as many others did. The rest were staying at a make-shift hostel at the local hockey arena.The city came together and fed everyone and put them up.The RCMP wouldn't let anyone have any of their luggage;so you can imagine what it was like.I just wanted to say to my friends at Arlonet and everywhere in America.I love you and my fellow Canadians Love you..and we always will. At a time like this,I just wanted to let you all know. Peace/Love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 5:56 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

That was nice, Apate. I heard from many friends all over the world on Tuesday and Wednesday, and it touched me. I heard from a friend in Canada in particular, on Tuesday night. At the time, we were all reeling. He said:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I am speechless.

But I will start by saying I hope you are all alive including your loved ones. I will continue by saying you Americans are not quitters and by no means a civilization that will lie down to this. In times of crisis the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker.

Be strong. As your neighbour we are behind you, and if need be, in front of you. I with apparently over a million others have given blood today. Our hospitals and Red Cross stations are packed. We are scared too. Fear is natural. But it is just a feeling. You feel hungry you feel cold you feel afraid. Fear can never kill you.

Anger is now what Americans and Canadians (trust me) are feeling. Anger clouds the mind. Revenge is never right. But now your freedom and all democratic countries have to stop this. And let's face it you Americans can control it all with your military. Revenge is now (and I have never agreed to this before) the only way. I hope your country literally demolishes those responsible.

I love you all and your friends. Stay strong. Never say never. Sixty years ago the Japanese tried your patience. You shut them up pretty damn quick. It's show time.

God Bless America. Stay the land of the free.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The words of support were so appreciated. And then, he chatted with me - about nothing - for an hour. My friend goes by a Robin Hood pseudonym on another site. Image He's one of the Good Ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 6:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

odd..just today i was chatting with sparkplug about this same issue,,,sorta.

canada has always put their youth in harms'
way..selflessly serving all mankind for just about forever...

i see it as a very noble country..and really don't think that the united states would be what it is without our neighbor to the north.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by todd on Sep 14, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 8:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

wait,,,maybe i was talking to bumper??
it used to be so much easier when people were color coded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 3:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks for the support from Canada. Mike used to live in Detroit in either 1952 or 54 or thereabouts. I went there in the 70's once. They used to ahev a good rock station from Windsor, Ontario called CKLW. Sadly they changed to 40's music & dropped the rock so I don't listen to them anymore. I think they were popular in the 60's & 70's... Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 11:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

let me see if i can get across. after reading
some of the threads on these boards, it dawned on me why at times i feel uncomfortable here.

larry's ponderance of religion or zowie's contact with brutish violence...

i find it all so juvenile..my ten year old asks more aged questions. then i realized you
people have been living in a bubble..no wonder you make a cult of sniffing socks..

i guess the chickens are coming home to roost.

in my youth i raped, pillaged, and murdered.
i don't belong with you people..never did.

fucking twits!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 11:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by todd:

in my youth i raped, pillaged, and murdered.
i don't belong with you people..never did.

fucking twits!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that fact that you feel that way means you do belong here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

when we were up to mass in may..wayne looked at me and said that he didn't see it the other times we came up, but that he finally realized i didn't really care for the people..my response was that i wasn't one of them..and i thank the god of my understanding that i am not.

i am not angry,,i choose to be direct.

hanuman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:32 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

well gee todd, when we were in mass in may sara had mentioned how she looked forward to meeting you after hearing me talk about you...sorry you didn't feel the same way...

when things are at their lowest you seem to find out who your real friends are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 1:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

if you choose to take it personally..more power to you...

it is the zeitgeist that i am speaking of..
i have learned to forgive and forget..but i have also learned that once kicked when down..don't let them kick you again.

i felt the sanctuary violated..and have never or never will allow such an event to happen again....i am only speaking for myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 2:10 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

emotions are running incredibly high, and because we all hate and fear something or someone we cannot touch or see or really even name (and i think we all do, even if we can't admit it to ourselves), we are sometimes hurting feelings of friends.

we are saying things that once would have brought debate - that are now being heaped on emotions of grief and numbness and disbelief - and it's easy to take them as personal attack, where we might have just told someone to fuck off, in the past.

larry's religious comments are sometimes a comfort to me - he usually says stuff in a way that makes me think twice - even when i don't agree with him. i respect him for that. zowie is one of the brightest people i know, who is on an endless quest for answers to the few questions that perplex him. i respect him for that. todd is never afraid to state his mind, even when it's to say that he's afraid to state his mind. sometimes i get really pissed at him for that, but then again... i respect him for it. fitzy is a nurturing, supportive caring friend and i respect her for that.

i probably ought to stop there, because i am certain to leave someone off a list because of my own brains feeble ability to stay on track... plus, i started to keep going, but it was really, really long... and i still had a lot of people to name. there is something in each of you that i admire, respect, that makes me say, "wow" from time to time.

things keep happening (not here, in life) that make me think, "this is just what the terrorists wanted". not constant things, not things that cannot and will not be corrected. intolerance is the cause of most of them. i feel it in myself, sometimes - even if it's that stupid conundrum of being intolerant about other people's intolerance. Image anyway - todd, i don't agree with you about the sock sniffers. or maybe i do, if i really think about it, but i'm not going to. mostly what i see (like i said) are people simply stunned, either paralyzed with fear and shock, or trying not to be. trying to be good people, and doing a pretty good job, because they are good people. you do belong here - cuz you are one of those good people. like the rest of the people who i see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 2:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

well said, starshine...but trying is lying!

i find no comfort in anyone's religious voodoo.

and fandom is what i am leaving behind...
to the emus.

i'm on the outside
i'm looking in
i can your true colors
see the real you
inside your ugly
ugly like me
i can see thru you
see to the real you (AL)

an eye for an eye makes a blind world (MKG)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 5:18 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>in my youth i raped, pillaged, and murdered.
i don't belong with you people..never did.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

then maybe you should go find people that share your rare and gifted insight into human behavior, and vent at them instead.

-Z

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by ZoWie on Sep 15, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.