Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 1:02 am

The W!zard

todd - very likely... i think the fuse is currently in Hawaii though! now, where did i put those matches?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 11:04 am

BlunderVirgin

Hi gang, Bumper here, visiting Stellabella in san diego... isn't going to a Coven to be nurtured a bit like shopping at Niemen Marcus for a wrench set? nice scenery but....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 11:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

i think she meant neutered????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 4:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I don't think this particular coven was ever about male bashing. I don't think we specialize like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 4:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I have to back up Pat on this one. The coven are equal opportunity bashers! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

aloha from hawaii! not to be off topic, but we are having a fabulous time...and now on to more pressing things!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by georgia:

so I will stay on this thread as long as it doesn't turn into a male bashing fools convention.....I believe a woman's role is to nurture...so let's shall we...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i believe that if you review our history (herstory) you will notice that most of the folks we seem to offend are indeed women and NOT men. male bashing just isnt something we seem to do around here. we like most of the guys around here as a group and as individuals (though we waffle where todd is concerned!) [just kidding]

as for petty and decietful, it seems to me that the very folks who insist they arent like that, are the very ones we seem to offend when pointing out to them, that they are indeed both! we also dont usually waste our energy pointing out the obvious until someone 'accuses' us of the very things they are doing but fail to see their part in it.

as for a woman's "job" to nurture.....a) it is the 'job' of any human being...no matter what their sex and b) i dont really think of it as a job but actually as a gift to share with others.

there is more i could say, but i'll wait until my return to the mainland (or to 'america', according to some here!) and see if dave found those matches yet!

[and dave, thanks for this great thread!]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh, I think Dave always has a good supply of matches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

is anyone else amazed (read: terrified!) at how far and wide this coven actually extends?????? next thing ya' know, they'll have a coven-rep in (shudder!) canada!!!!

hi sherry! how does ken look lei'd??? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 5:47 pm

ditto on what sherry said. well, except for the hawaii part...unfortunately, i'm not there having a fabulous time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 6:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:

I have to back up Pat on this one. The coven are equal opportunity bashers! Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'd have to agree also...the trinity tends to confront control dramas no matter where they find them. it took me a while to really see that...but, i've come to rely on exactly that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2001 7:43 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arnie:

is anyone else amazed (read: terrified!) at how far and wide this coven actually extends?????? next thing ya' know, they'll have a coven-rep in (shudder!) canada!!!!

How do you know there isn't ALREADY?? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 10:38 am

BlunderVirgin

I have found the Trinity to be articulate, firm in beliefs, knowledgeable and caring.....I am also embued with Black Irish, Libran Diplomacy
I also believe my clan legend, that the McCarty treasure is buried
in Lake Blarney & guarded by sacred underwater cows
....Bumper here.....Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 10:59 am

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stellabella:

I also believe my clan legend, that the McCarty treasure is buried
in Lake Blarney & guarded by sacred underwater cows
....Bumper here.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bumper ole buddy, if you seek the McCarty treasure, you may find that the family jewels are closer than you think, but I ain't gunna help you find them!
As far as those underwater sacred cows.....they are first cousins to Nessie, the Loch Ness monster.......we exchange e-mails.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Larry on May 26, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 11:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

bumper, speaking of the trinity...tell me more about the sacred underwater cows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2001 11:16 am

BlunderVirgin

well, Todd (oh yea, Bumper again, here)
Cormac McCarty, Feudal Clan leader, circa 1446, had a mercenary Army that kicked ass,. all over Europe, he did a surgical strike for some French Viscount, who was so grateful, the Viscount paid him & tipped him with a big whack of a sacred stone. Cormac was so impressed, he built his 26th Castle to protect that stone, we Know it as Blarney, today, and tiz from Cormac's eloquence, that the gift of Blarney comes. The Brits decided that Cormac was just too powerful & emassed an Army to kill him. before they got there, he buried his war booty, under Lake Blarney &
placed sacred cows around the treasure to guard it from the Brits. Cormac saved his own booty by convincing the Brits to let him sail off to Spain
Legend says, someday a descendent of Cormac will return, to reclaim the Castle & Booty, which has been in the hands of Brits, for 150 years, now, The cows will know, and moooooooove aside allowing the descendent to reclaim the Booty. So, guess who's going to Blarney with a personal Sub and a collection of U 2 & Chieftans cd's turned to 110 decibles!
as Taj Mahal says, "Ain't nobody, EVAHHH gonna steal mah jelly roll"!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.