Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deb:

something tells me you could pass the bitch test. Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
is that a compliment????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:33 pm

definitely!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:35 pm

alllllrighty then!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 10:38 pm

just remember...anyone can be an asshole..it takes a special talent to be a bitch. i will have to run this by the rest of the trinity, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 10:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

Mongo does have a lot of potential, it's true. Can't help feeling bad for Larry, who's been trying so hard for so long. We love you Larry, but threatening to hit people with your hockey stick just isn't that bitchy if no one believes for a minute that you'd ever do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 11:21 am

Senior ArloNetizen

geez....go out of town overnight to see sarah and johnny and miss all kinds of stuff...

it's too early in the morning for me to make any sense of this stuff....we are off in a few minutes to head from gary mac's to pat's...more music, more friends, more miles...

will check in later unless pat's computer blows up!

sanctuary....as in logan's run? LOL (yes, i know, my age is showing!!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 3:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sherry:

sanctuary....as in logan's run?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think i might have to rethink this a little the logans run reference is quite scarry because i turn thirty later this month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 3:26 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

mongo...is your palm turning colors? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 3:29 pm

no but my hair is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:07 pm

why is the coven silent????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Most of the coven isn't online at the moment. I'm deciding..work on the pictures from the church or just hang out. Do you know that it says you're in blunderchat and it also says no one's there? At the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:19 pm

I got skills Pat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:40 am

Senior ArloNetizen

i keep wanting to post..but i cant seem to find the right words ....

.....yet....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 11:41 am

Ok, I may be sorry i did this, but.....

This was my first foray into controversial topics in quite some time. That's because it seemed like the only reason to come over here was to see various people reliving childhood by being naughty, using no-no words and giggling about it. It hardly seemed worth the time.

Sad to say, this still seems true. THAT is the main reason you seldom see a coven member around here anymore. Anyone can have a potty-mouth and call it controversial....I could call myself the Queen of England too, but I don't see her abdicating her throne for me anytime soon. I think a lot of people around here need to go look up the word controversial in the dictionary.

And for those around here who seem to be fixated upon a certain part of the male anatomy, 'dictionary' has absolutely nothing to do with a certain appendage with which some people seem to be all too obsessed.

Problem is, there could be some really good controversial conversation going on, and I'd never know it, since it would be buried behind all the mindless garbage that really belongs best in chat....or better yet, in IM, where none of the rest of us might accidentally stumble upon it (or perhaps 'step in it' would be a better phrase here.)

Here's a hint for you - if Cheryl feels able to participate, the conversation probably isn't controversial (meaning no offense to you, Cheryl....but I know this is true!) And if you find yourself frequently discussing topics you.....wait, let me rephrase that. If you find yourself frequently discussing topics that MOST people would find uncomfortable discussing in front of their grandmothers, it probably isn't controversial - just perverted or childishly potty-mouthed. (I felt the need to change there because I realized there are a few around who probably have no problem discussing ANY topic in front of ANYONE at ANY time, regarless of how inappropriate it might be.)

And finally....for those who find themselves inexplicably unable to control their fixations on certain body parts, bodily functions, and acts best kept to either oneself or between consenting partners, especially when it contains no redeeming controversial argumentative value, please, please, I implore you for all of our sakes, find a good therapist. This board is certainly no substitute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Kim, I see your point... and it is a valid one...

I must admit to having contributed to the silliness, although I did think it was better suited to the Blunder Board or the Chat... so I am as guilty as the next one.

I think at this point, I will refrain from posting to Controversial Topics unless what I am posting is truly a controversial topic... such as stem cell research or the anthrax scare, etc.... tho I will continue posting lighter stuff on more appropriate boards.

(Chastised and thoughtful...)
Peace!
~Wyld

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.