Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

My god, you people think too much! Remember that talking too much is not a problem, but thinking too much is! Lighten up, I'm starting to smell pickle juice! ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:09 pm

thankyou for totaly misreading the entire post deb.

fitzy was no in blat when i was talking to sherry about it.

yes thier are cliques here and other places.

a reference was made to people not posting because of the content of a single thread. that is why i brought up those numbers. allot of people don't post here for various reasons not just one thread look at the history. (however if ya wanna just screw around with people and start knocking on doors i'm in).

as far as Arnie comming in that happened a day and several hours later.
and that is my point also if abuse is happening close the thread until it can be resolved post a message like- please work your differences out on blat and reserve this space for arguments like this.

yes deb i do understand that there were other people involved i am more working for a solution to the problem than making it a mongo against the world fight. if you read my stuff carefully you will see that we are not far off.
just try to read through the spelling mistakes please

as a foot note i would like to say please read arnies last post on the stern thread. that speaks in volumes.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 2 times, lastly by mongo71 on Oct 18, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mongo71:

looked up the number of users and thier posts and found the following.
921 registered users and of them
9- 1000+posts

[and so on down... Z]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This approach disregards time on the system. Having way too much time myself, I worked it out by posts/day. This is hardly any more scientific an approach, for it does not allow for multiple registrations, using threads for chatting, attempts to make a certain numeric goal, etc, but it does yield:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre>
member days posts/day
mongo71 30 13.3
joe bloggs 146 5.8
Starchild 402 4.7
Mr Nathen 402 4.6
Larry 402 4.4
todd 245 4.4
Cheryl Harrell 401 3.9
pat 786 3.5
deb 786 3.5
Arnie 786 2.9
Dave 786 2.6
ZoWie 152 2.6
rbrown 683 2.3
Wyldflower 147 2
Bumper 508 1.8
fitzy 402 1.3
janet 721 1
sparkydon 242 1
Becky 402 0.9
Sherry 402 0.8
Levi 369 0.8
Kim 738 0.7
Kgirl9 391 0.7
muffy 398 0.7
B rabbit 784 0.6
gemini 463 0.6
diane 701 0.5
Bel 785 0.4
lauralee 783 0.4
Jamie 785 0.3
lcj 782 0.3
skai 784 0.3
cadman 785 0.3
agnes 765 0.3
Jen 785 0.3

</pre><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:33 pm

okay, mongo...i see what you were referring to about blat. i did misunderstand that, so you are right that only certain people were involved in that conversation...you and sherry, i guess.

i don't remember seeing a reference that people don't post because of a single thread. i remember seeing references to people not reading the boards anymore because it was hard to find the worthwhile stuff underneath some of the chatter. i could have missed that reference, though so i'll leave it alone for now.

as far as arnie...i'm guessing he has a life that requires him to be other places than here 24/7, however when he did arrive and make the suggestion to move it to blat, the hint was ignored. so, getting here earlier wouldn't have helped, i guess. maybe you have a good idea...if the moderator is ignored, lock down the thread. especially in here, no one but dave or arnie can start a new one.

although i don't really think i misread everything you wrote, we may be getting closer to the same ideas. you should understand, though that the original complaints weren't necessarily directed at you...mainly because you're fairly new around here and i don't think anyone expected you to know some of the history. the issues were, at least for me, the fact that arnie was ignored by people that know damn well that blat is not censored...and have been here and been involved in this whole discussion about boards vs. teen chat room posts in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nathen:

Hey, I hope no one is judging a whole person based on anything that happened on some thread or other. Well, except that Nathen is a pervert, but he admits to that freely.

can I get an Amen here?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

amen,,,i aint dead yet...and yet is a big word!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pat:

At least this thread is getting a workout. It's really been underused.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did my best,,,but couldn't keep up..

that's why i hired mongo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:48 pm

I liked the table, ZoWie....it shows that I have way too much time on my hands!

Promise me....Don't show it to my wife or my boss, OK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:49 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Zowie, your figures are wonderful, but like so many other figures they are wrong....
sorry but there was a problem with the counts and many of us got relisted and our counts are way off. Also the dates when we became members has also been redone so that the true dates and number of posts are way off.
but you did do a good job with what you had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

yeah, nate, i've been recounted so many times it'd make your head spin..

but, that's a skill like anything else.

and thus, i gave up sock sniffing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:42 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mongo71:

as far as Arnie comming in that happened a day and several hours later.
and that is my point also if abuse is happening close the thread until it can be resolved post a message like- please work your differences out on blat and reserve this space for arguments like this.

as a foot note i would like to say please read arnies last post on the stern thread. that speaks in volumes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was vested with a "job" that I accepted with great honor, and it's one I take very seriously, and with the clear understanding that it's a "Controversial" topic board on Arlonet that I'm moderating. Meaning, it's predominately blunderites that I'm trying to herd (much like larry's cats). I am not one to be dispensing heavy handed justice and regulations, just good natured guidance when I see fit, and to apply some housekeeping to keep things orderly (all within the guidelines of the Wiz). To close a thread first, and discuss the reasons later is a very serious action to take, and would only be done either after prior consultation with the Wizard, or in the event of a clear and present danger. Blunderites acting like AOL Teen chatters does not exactly pose a threat to national security, and so would not elicit such an action. Once started, a thread is usually allowed to die it's (un)natural death... until boredom makes the topic fade away, or until the bubble bursts, and the moderator in charge does his/her thing...

And as far as my "comments" upon closing the Stern thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
HEY! You guys snuck in here in a day and overran the place! (not that I'm complaining!) But now it's bloated beyond belief.
I'm closing this patient down... you'll find the new one...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this speaks in volumes to you?? wow! I don't know my own strength...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:43 pm

well, i'm pretty sure pat and i never got affected by that error in time here, etc...so i think it's fairly cool that our averages work out to the exact same number of posts per day. most of you wouldn't know this, but pat and i...along with our kids have lead parallel lives...it gets spooky from time to time and this is just one more thing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

what I found most impressive is that Cheryl didn't have the most posts/day... then again, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deb:

most of you wouldn't know this, but pat and i...along with our kids have lead parallel lives...it gets spooky from time to time and this is just one more thing..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More proof of the whole bitch coven mind control theory....not to mention the fact that this sort of thing is bound to happen to people that share a common brain cell!
Answering lifes great mysteries is what I do....no need to thank me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:51 pm

could be the common brain call thing, larry..but some of it happened before we even knew each other...and much of it is the kids. does that mean that rob, marybeth and tara are sharing a brain cell, as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnie:

what I found most impressive is that Cheryl didn't have the most posts/day... then again, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics....

Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, but if i'm not mistaken cheryl was affected by that error thing and had to be reregistered. if you look at the days involved, you can see that her count is way down from you, pat, dave and i who all registered on day one, and i'm quite sure she registered right away.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.