Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 6:31 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

todd, i feel the same, to a certain extent. i mean, the whole fruit fight was something so new and spontaneous and different and funny - i loved playing with the words. it was actually a pm that moved onto the boards (when i hit him with a yam, of course).

i'm not 100% ready to make the mongo/quinn connection here, tho it's what i suspected or feared. but, if that's the case - i really don't get the quinn thing. and if it's not the case - i still don't get the quinn thing. pushed or not, mongo had a really great "feel" for fitting in. quinn did not. i really like mongo, and next time i see him, i will pelt him with a papaya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 7:16 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thank you, Todd.

I guess sometimes people get what they deserve when they hide their heads in the sand...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 9:23 pm

thanks, todd.

i don't agree that it was a damn good show, but to each their own...

i don't think you can get anyone to do anything they're not willing to do, though, no matter how much you wind them up. each individual is ultimately responsible for his or her own actions.

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by deb on Oct 21, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 9:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well, yes, but not knowing what went on between Todd and mongo it's kind of hard to say. I mean, mongo was new, Todd's an oldtimer. He might figure that..oh, who the hell knows. He still seemed like an OK guy to me and if he should want to come back, I hope he'd work things out with Dave and agree to leave his inner 13 year old out of things. The whole Quinn thing just seemed like what the adolescents do all over the web more than something really malevolent. Everything's a learning experience. Maybe we need to make sure the rule on alternate personas is seen by everyone who joins, and then furthermore state somewhere that due to the culture of this community, using an alternate persona to deliberately fool people will be taken real seriously and as a personal offense. It's not true everywhere on the web, because not all communities are as intimate or as genuine as this one mostly is and not necessarily assumed by someone new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:38 am

Right, I can think of places where alternate personas are standard procedure. It's a fun game sometimes, but in a forum like this it would kill the signal/noise ratio pretty fast.

-Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:14 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I really don't think that anybody here has been totally devasted and suffering from any severe emotional trauma setback over what's happened, have they ? Nathen, get your hand down! Hurt? Yes! Mongo, trust me, it's bad enough trying to diagnose the personalities of some of these people that would have some psychiatrists charging double and triple for their time, let alone, you attempting to deceive us all with eskimongo thing. The one and only time prior to this that I saw somebody banned, it was because someone boldly and foolishly tempted the webmaster and *poof*!...they were gone! I felt as if you were boldly tempting him as well, almost as if you weren't too concerned of the consequences.
If anybody here appears to be stone casting hypocrites, that's just us throwing rocks at Larry. Dave, I back you 100% in your decision(s).

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Levi on Oct 22, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:23 am

Arlo Fanatic

But....but....but....Mongo was my date at the church gig! And he got Todd there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:47 pm

Hello all
Dave has lifted the ban and I feel an explanation is owed. The initial conception of Quinn was comic relief much like the multiples of others. When I brought him back it was to prove a point. Several of us had been discussing judgments and cliques. I was told that they do not play the part I think they do here and I was also told I should look at my acceptance. (Some of this happened through e-mail) I offered that I was accepted more for being a friend of Todd’s than for my actions. I was told this is not true and that people are not blindly judged. Then along came Quinn, some of you knew right away it was I. As I was not trying to hide I was trying to prove a point that I could not under the name Mongo. Others suspected yet said nothing, while others still had no idea. Yet only one asked me what I was doing, and that bothered me. I said in an earlier post I would be happy to explain my self if I was misunderstood yet no one asked they just assumed.
I had no malice in my heart when I did this, as I have none now. Some of you feel an apology is owed. I think you are right but I do not think it is for the same reasons. I apologize to the person who asked me what was happening I asked her to let me prove my point she did and was since asked not to come back.
I apologize to all those who reserved judgment for having to endure such an event. And I apologize to those who judged for making you look upon yourselves in a way you were not ready to.

I know that I am often misread and have appeared to have a condescending tone. THIS IS NOT MY INTENTION. I have no malice in my heart, the jovial person you meet and spoke to in mass is the person I am. I simply wanted to prove a point. I see now that this was the wrong way to go about it. Things snowballed out of my control and I meant no harm.

I will therefore be taking a leave of absence from this forum. If I have not explained my self well enough for you please contact me by email. I have no ill feelings towards any of you, nor do I think I am better than you. I just think a healing time is needed for all of us.

Peace
Mongo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I was just out in the outhouse, I felt it move, I came in here, and Mongo was back. I knew it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:54 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey deb,kim,pat and sherry.......did you guys make fitzy an official member of the bitch trinity/coven yet? I think if you can get 4 in a trinity, you could fit 5 too!
Someday, perhaps even 6, but I know it's alot to hope for......sigh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:04 pm

yes,larry...fitzy is a member. you, however, should just continue to dream..because i'm afraid that's as close as you're ever going to get. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ok....it's official then. We have a 5 member bitch trinity....aka coven.
I just love progress! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

it's pretty obvious you're being blown off...
but, i hear ya, friend.

just move three threads over and they'll be kvetching about people not staying on topic..

perineums, if you ask me?

but that's just an observation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:16 am

Arlo Fanatic

okay... i've had it!

larry, you explain to me right now what the hell mongo is talking about! everytime I read his posts, i get more confused, since I really think he's sayin' Absolutely Nuthin'!!!
confuseder and confuseder!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:22 am

Arlo Fanatic

LMAO!!!

is confuseder like breasteses?

why does larry insist on causing all this trouble anyway?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.