Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 6:40 pm

"I will not ride this dirty beast!!!" Willow stomped her feet on the ground so hard that it seemed to have woken up the drunken horse.
"He smells bad, he looks bad, and....he's just all round BAD! I WON'T ride him!"
Queen Anna kissed Willow lightly on the cheek and said, "Then walk, my dear. I will meet you later", and was gone.
William had no idea what he had gotten himself into. It was getting worse by the minute. He decided that he would rather been flogged by the Queens man then to have to take charge of the damned drunk horse AND this stuck up girl. "She IS pretty, though", he thought. "Well, what the heck."
William put on his most grown up man look and told Willow it was time to go.
About that time, something very strange began to happen. The horse was changing. Right there in front of both of them, the horse was changing into...a......no!,..... it couldn't be......
Willow squeeled in complete delight.

Before her very eyes stood, not a drunken horse, but her old buddy, the friendly Dragon!!!

William began to wonder which one of the three of them was drunk after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 7:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

THE FORBIDDEN FOREST WILL OPEN IT'S DOORS TO VISITORS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 1300 YEARS, THIS TO ALLOW ALL TO SEE THE NEW BORN UNICORN.

I am uncertain if it is wise to take this action, yet somehow it must be done, that the people of the forest and the people of the kingdom, get to know one another, this is but the first step towards peace and understanding.

I have been faced with all manner of evil of late, yet as always I see into it's true nature and so seeing it's self revealed, it disappears as quickly as it came.

Willow grows near, I can feel her doing so with in my heart...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 2:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dearest Willow,

In your honor I have named the young unicorn, Willowby Forest the First, as you are aware, being the only male unicorn alive at this time, he will grow to be the hisband of about 200 wives,,,as is suited such a fine young fellow as he......hmmmm, I am wondering if perhaps I too should have many wives as well, I mean, you wouldn't object would you?

Always in Love with You
Wesley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 5:45 pm

My Dear Beloved Dreamer, Wesley,

Thank you for naming the new baby unicorn after me. (It sounds a little like you might have named him after the forest though.)

Dearest Love of my life, if you want 200 wives then you should have 200 wives!
But I would not be one of them.

Your Loving
Willow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 5:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

My truly jelous Willow,

It was in jest my love, I have eyes only for you and upon my heart your lock does hang, if you desire, you may unlock, but non other has that power...

Loving you in natural,
but what about the stable boy?

Wesley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 9:50 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Agripa laughed his most evil laugh. "We've got you now, boy!!"
Wesley struggled with all of his might but could not free himself from the ropes and chains that bound him. He realized they must be made with some of the strongest of the dark magic ever known. Here he was so close to the edge of his own forest...and yet so far away! When he tried to speak, only the sound of a chicken squalk came through his throat.
Agripa and his massive army of the Dark Force Creatures laughed hideously.
"Without the Sacred Blessing of the King of the Forest, little prince unicorn will evaporate into nothingness!!", bellowed Agripa. "And it is unlikely that we will be hearing words coming from THIS creature's mouth, any time soon!", he added.

At Agripa's signal, the Dark Army carted the horrified, struggling, squawking, Wesley away, to the stronghold that had been prepared for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 11:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

Forrest Gossip, by Hendi Love

Dear Town Crier;

Just had a wonderful interview with Queen Anna, surprise, she is heavy with child, in her own words, "My dear, Hendi, with those silly cone shaped hats, that are all the fashison to wear at court, and my being so heavy with child, I waddle like a duck, and look like a short fat dragon, I have decided to step down and allow my dear sweet Willow to become Queen of Willowby."

The whole interview took over an hour, if you are interested in buying the story, please contact me at once.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 11:57 am

Arlo Fanatic

My dearest Willow

Worry not for my well being, This is all part of a plan to free your father from the forces of evil....

My love for you is strong
your fathful Wesley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 4:03 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

THE FOREST NEWS TIMES at 9:00
"Be Up To Date But Not Up Late"
News From The Kingdom

In today's headlines, Heidi Love goes to court, for malicious lies about our Beloved (and quite trim, might we add) Queen Anna. Spokesman for the (quite trim, and have we said Nimble!!!) Queen made it clear that there was, in fact, no truth in Ms. "Love"'s mad rambling's on about an "expected little one" in the palace. When asked for a quote from the Queen, the spokesman said the Queen's only comment was "That girl needs a life...before we take hers."
The court is expected to hand down a "Guilty" verdict today to Ms. "Love". She can expect to be not so chipper for the next few years.

In other news, our correspondent tells us that Sir Willowby has been taken captive by the outsted Agripa. We have heard also (though not confirmed as yet, ) that the Dark forses have been working on a gastly new evil spell that impregnates men. It is feared that Agripa's scientists may be trying this new spell on Sir Westley. We will immediately report updates on this breaking news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 3:59 pm

Dearest Anna ,I have not heard from you in so long,i hope this letter finds you well and safe .Last night as I sat by the stream I had a waking dream and saw Wesley in battle with the evil forces and out of nowhere came Willow and a Dragon of suh magnificient beauty .I hope this indeed is a vision that Wesley and willow will fair these evil forces with out harm.
All my Love,
Lady Yvonne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 6:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Anna placed a coin in the currier's hand and sighed as she read the note from her sister Yvonne. She folded the note carefully and put it in the pocket of her skirt. How she missed her sister! She made a mental note to try to get an answer off to Yvonne later. Right now there was some serious traveling to do. Her father was ready to go, walking stick in hand. They were traveling lightly, disguised as common serfs, on their way to visit a sick relative.
These clothes were a welcome change for Anna. Simple and functional, easy to move in. If stopped and questioned, no one would suspect her true identity. In her pockets she carried only the note from her sister and a curious round rock. In the crook of her right arm she carried a basket of travel needs, a change of clothing, some food and herbs for her "sick relative".
Her father caried a small pack on his back and, in his hand, only the curiously heavy walking stick.
Anna took the old man's arm, and nodded in the direction of the road. Her father patted her hand gently. He mumble a quick prayer of protection, and together they were on their way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:27 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

William groaned. His luck just went from bad to worse it would seem. A few minutes ago he had a drunken stolen horse on his hands. Now, he seemed to be in charge of a huge drunken, wobbling, slobbering dragon and a pretty, but definately spoiled princess. He suddenly wished he were back at the Tavern, dealing with simple things, like beatings.
William wasn't too excited about being around a dragon in the first place. But this was really pushing it. The dragon, bending his head low, in order to let Willow climb upon his back, fell over in a fit of, what William could have SWORN, was laughter. To make matters worse, Willow was rolling on the ground, laughing uncontrolably too. What was he going to do with these two creatures??
Nothing in his young life had ever prepared him for this.
Without any warning, a low soft humming sound overtook his ears, and cell by cell, his body and mind began to relax. He sat down at the foot of the willow tree, and in a unusually peaceful state of mind, thought about how beautifully the willow was humming. Glancing up, he noticed that Willow and the dragon had stopped their shannagans and were listening too.
Willow shook off a giggle and said, "Well, let's get moving."
Although, somewhere in the back of his mind William thought that a strange sequence of events, he stood up, as in a trance, and said, "Let's go then."

And as if nothing unusual at all had happened, the three beings began their journey.
Behind them, a slight breeze blew the leaves of the willow tree, and the branches resettled into a state of ancient wisdom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 10:59 pm

Dearest Wesley,
I don't know why I am writing to you, I know I have no way to get the letter to you. But it makes me feel better.
Traveling all day on the neck of a dragon isn't all that fun. It's been a long day, and William says we have many days to go. Oh, you don't know who William is. He's this little guy that Mama put in charge of getting me somewhere. He's a twirp. He keeps chewing on his hair and he looks lost. I really don't know where we're going, so maybe we are lost.
But, when I think about you I don't feel lost. I feel home.
Your Willow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 12:07 am

The whisper came out of nowhere it seemed.
"Willow."

Willow opened her eyes, looking around to see who had called her name.
"Willow."
"How strange", she thought. She saw no one there, but was sure she heard a voice.

"Willow. You need to change your path."
This time Willow sat upright, every part of her at attention.
"Who said that?", she wispered.
A slight breeze passed through her hair,as though the wind itself was making a comforting gesture.
"I am listening", said Willow, though not sure to whom.
"My dear, Wesley is in need of your help. He is bound by the evil, dark magic of the lost ones and the only way to freedom for him is the sword. You must carry it to him."
"What sword?", Willow wondered aloud.
"Find the sword quickly and take it to your love. It is his only chance."
By this time, Willow was totally awake, and ready for some answers.
"Who are you? Why are you hiding? What sword?", she said.

William sat up, wakened from his dreams of lively tavern girls, none too happy to have been disturbed.
"Talking to the wind, Willow? Can't a man get any sleep around here? Geez.", he said grumpily.
"William, I have to find a sword. Wesley, my only love is in trouble and he needs it."
"You're dreaming, Willow. Everyone knows that Sir Westley is paying tribute to the new unicorn. Go back to sleep." William rearranged the pile of leaves that his head had been resting on and was ready to rejoin the giggling girls of his dreams.
"No." Willow's voice was firm. She knew without a doubt that her love was in trouble. There was no stopping her as she began to rouse the Charming Dragon from his deep rest.
"Get up, Charming. We have to go. I have to find a sword, oh PLEASE wake up!!"
The sleepy dragon slowly opened his eyes and to the amazement of William, he said, "I too heard the voice in my dream, Willow. We must go. We must find Lone Eagle. He alone will be able to find the sword for us."
The dragon streched, then lowered his neck for Willow to climb onto.
William just groaned, and began to gather the packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 2:41 am

Senior ArloNetizen

The woman sat by the huge tree in the middle of the forest. A bit lost, but the sound of the ocean nearby was comforting. All she could remember was a circle of stones, a fire, and......and....dancing? DANCING?
Where was her sister?
And why didn't that man ever bring her any water. Didn't he know that was the only thing she had needed?
She closed her eyes and fell into deep sleep.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.