Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2000 10:29 pm

ArloNetizen

I need one minute before this thing starts to go down...........You know, some times the events of ones life can seem verry differnt as they are unfolding ,it must be a present tense curse or something .... maney times after some revue of an event,. that now resides in our past eaven the meaning can change ...I hope I dident confuse anyone ..But if I did ,all the better ..cause Im gearing up for, take off ..For a passage to.. Precribed Passengers & other Realized Realitys...next stop the blunderzone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2000 12:51 pm

BlunderVirgin

Sitting by waiting for this ride Silver. I know it's going to be good. Come on, hurry up...getta typing here..Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2000 3:50 am

Senior ArloNetizen

...and then..?????...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2000 12:46 pm

BlunderVirgin

Last month I sat confused, thinking "what the h--- just happened?" Today I got a "uh huh!! Ok I got it...hmmmmm, but did I have to learn the lesson this way? Ya think next time you could just tell me...hahaha"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2000 3:07 pm

ArloNetizen

Have you ever taken the time to hold two magnets in your hands ..if you put them togather one way they will draw togather ..and turn one of them in the other direction they push apart.. This pushing apart is called a field ....some where along the line someone decided to put magnets and fields togather on a weel ..and when the weel spins , the felds push aganst them selves and make what we call electricity....I guess you could call this a realized reality ......However there are some passingers that need to be picked up along the way .. They have an apointment with Fate ...You see about 20 miles up from where the Ohio river starts, one of the parent rivers to the Ohio is called the Mon ( thats short for some indian name Monongahela)..If some one were to travel 30 miles in eather direction on this mon river you could find something of an industrial hartland , of steel and steel making ..If the year was 1962..I guess thats a percribed reality .. because its not there anymore ..however this story is there.. in the Monongahela vally in the year 1962......Parked along the street in a small industrial town sits a 1954 DeSoto fireflite..Now it would be verry easy for us to just pick up our passengers in this car ....But that would not be the case on this chilly early November day ...No our passengers dont know it, but the generator in that old DeSoto is dieing a slow death ..its fields are no longer pushing out the nessessary electricity to charge its battery ...but dont tell anyone ...because when this car fails to start ...This is where our story will begin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2000 3:11 pm

BlunderVirgin

I don't know how you do it Silver, but like Stephen King, you pull my deep into your stories with the first paragraph...hum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2000 10:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Ok, I'm ready, but I'm bringing jumper cables!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2000 9:41 pm

ArloNetizen

Is the glass half empty..or could the glass be half full.?.Im sure everyone has noted these words pass into there eardrums ....And its a verry valid question, when your car wont start on a frosty November morning..Let me explane .....Back in the 1950`s every car came equipped with a gague called an ampemeter....if your generator was pushing out a field of current into the battery an ampemeter would point to(+) however when your amp gague pointed to(-)the battery was being drained of its storage ..verry simple much easier than 1/2 empty or 1/2 full ....so simple that in the late 1960`s maney car makers replaced this gauge with whats called an idiot light ..it would just light up if the system had failed (thats progress, not knowing all that precious information the humble amp gauge would reveal..kinda like stepping back to; is it 1/2 full, who knows)...Speaking of stepping here came our two passengers now, getting into that dark blue 1954 DeSota....The passenged door opens, in with one hop jumps a nine year old boy .. Then the drivers door swivels on its hinges,. in steps a 40 year old man ...Are you ready little Freddy the man says to the boy..Ya dad lets go and see uncle Ken..Im really glad today is saturday no school till monday...The man smiles and pulls the keys from his pocket ...fumbels a bit finding the key to the ignition ..places to key in the ignition .... CLICK , CLICK. what the. ..whats wrong Dad ....I dont know for sure ..This dog dont wanna start ...Tell you what Freddy ..how about you stand outside the car and im gonna turn on the headlights and when i try to start her, you tell me what you see...Freddy jumped out of the car and stood in the front of this mammoth looking beast ..its grill looked like it was alive ..it had teeth and a mouth and the headlights looked like its eyes ...CLICK., CLICK ...Dad when it went clcik click, the lights went off ..and when you were done clicking they came back on ...Ok Fred ..come on hop back in ..theres more than one way to skin a cat ..now this car was parked on a little downgrade ..and that potential enegary could be just enough to bring that mighty v8 engine to life ..the man released the parking brake and the car started rooling down the grade ,. with his right hand he shoved the gear shift lever up into second gear, and then let the clucth out . ..VOOM ..the engine came to life ..Why dident it start the right way Dad .?.looking at the amp gague he replyed to his Son ..Must be the generator ..Look the gauge is showing discharge ..the boy looked at the needle pointing to the (-).. What are we gonna do if the car needs started and there aint no hill ,?..Well tell you what Fred how about we go and see Don, maby he can fix us up with a generator ..I think he worked 12 to 8 last night he should be home soon ...Ok responded the boy ..Don was one of the young boys favorite people anyhow ..Lets go Dad, to see Don ....Yes we have picked up some passengers, and soon they would be knocking on fates door ...

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by SilverJoe on Nov 27, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2000 10:17 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Let's not forget to bring our jackets, dear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 12:17 am

ArloNetizen

Like nature itself everything under the sun has a purpose..the falling leaves of late october are gone ..nothing can hide in the landscape .. maney realized realitys can come into view..a precribed view hidden by the green leaves of summer... a river with some flat terrain on either side before the slab of earth becomes mountains and hills once again...across the river... an overwhelming view of man made monsterous looking buildings and tall smoke stacks with flames 100 feet high ....like a torch trying to burn the sky itself...eaven the mighty railroad appear dwarfed beside the blast furnaces ....this could well be the view of any person who dare step foot in the monongahela vally if the year was 1962.. This also is the view our young traveler is observing from the side window of a 54 DeSota ,traveling down river road ...What little flat land the river had yealded, had been long ago been clamed by the railroad at the turn of the century, before automobiles were common.. cuttting into the mountain side yealded the only possible way a road for automobiles could be constructed for travelers..Yes the travelers whos means of transport was a DeSota with one dieing battery....."lets see what time is it" the man said while looking at his watch .."ten to seven", he replyed to himself, "Don should be home from working night turn about eight"..."tell you what Freddy how about we stop at Donovons and then we will go and see Don" .."OK dad and i can play the pin ball machine " ...the man smile at his son and said.. "sure you can Fred" ...The car slowed and pulled into the parking lot of Dovonons bar,.."Were gonna need a hill to start this thing again" .."Over there dad ,park it over there thats a really good hill" ..The young lad was happy to be spending this day with his father ..And also happy to go to Donovons bar ..pin ball machine , orange pop(soda) and cheeze puffs ...The man parked the car on the grade pointed out by his son ,then reached over, turned off the ignition ..He then tryed to start it knowing it wouldent start ..To get a feel of how much electricity wes left in the verry dead battery..."dad are you sure it will start" .."sure fred, all we need is enough to make the spark plugs fire"..both doors swung open and the two travelers walked to the door way of Donovons...Little Fred ran ahead and got to the door first..the smell of stale smoke and beer filled the air , and the sound was like a mummer of maney voices talking....eaven though it was morning the tavern had maney patrons..most of them had been working night turn in the steel mill and there shift had ended at seven ..."Hay Tom; you might be better looking than me but you aint better than me" I voice came ringing out from a man sitting at the bar ...Hay Leo how are you ..Leos rased his voice,. "Hay Billy give Tom and lil Fred here a drink, on me"..."tell you what Tom they tryed to kill us last night on no 4", Timko called off and that rookey crainmen Ramsey did the furnice all night ...man that boy is shakey...Tom replyed "Leo they cant kill you your to mean and ugly"..the men smile at each other they had been friends for years since grade school .. When the nation called them in the second World War they had both left there home town the same day..."Billy" Leo shouted come on we need a drink..."Ok hog head when I get to you ..I got real customers to tend to first".,Billy shouted back.."Ok what do you want".. give these guys a drink and give me another wiskey and a draft.." what you having "? asked the bartender ...Give me a shot of seagrams and a draft.."and how about you son" Fred replyed "orange pop and a bag of cheeze puffs" Tom started telling Leo about the car problems he was having.. A voice came from Fred.. "I need some nickels to play the machine" ..Tom reached into his pocket and handed the child thirty cents in change ..and Leo gave Fred all the change that he had laying on the bar..another forty five cents..the coings were wet with beer ..."what do you say Fred", Tom said to his son.."thanks Leo im gonna win" ...Leo said..."yes you will win kid, you will win"...... Every thing is starting to fall into place for the intersetction ..The intersection with fate ..On this early saturday morning ..a precribed fate and a realized reality....

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by SilverJoe on Nov 28, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 1:50 pm

ArloNetizen

Im not looking for no fame or no glory ,..but does anyone read my half baked storys ..words fill my head ..and are splashed to this page ...maby they should be locked away and never said....tell me my friend what do you think ..is this story worth telling ..or does it just stink ..I can kill our travelers with a stroke of my hand ..or shouold we let them press on ..and revial whats inside them...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 6:50 pm

BlunderVirgin

Silver I read your writes, waiting to see what the out come is....still waiting to see who the 8 people in The End are also.....continue PLEASE!!!!

Butttttt, don't think I understand everything....I thought a V8 was a drink....duh me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 1:59 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I read, yes...and am waiting for you to continue....Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2000 5:03 pm

At the next intersection a different reality hops aboard. The year is 1966....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2000 5:20 pm

BlunderVirgin

I'm going to have to get into this story one way or another so I can at least get to the end. I'm working on it.