Forums » Group W Forums » The Story Board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 9:20 pm

Okay so it's not a story type thing but... kinda.
If you have ever listened to the song Name by the Goo Goo Dolls maybe you have hurd the line "did you loose yourself somewhere out there did you get to be a star" Well the time you got to be a star, and everyone has, the time when you were in the spotlight of your mind the time when your smile was the widest one in the room Image... eaven if you know that no one else knew why you had this huge grin!! so go ahead when did you get to be a star?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 12:07 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I think the biggest grins...had to be 4 times for me....

The births of my 3 children and my grandson.
Nothing in the WORLD like a freshly born baby...the wonder of it all. To know that body had lived inside THIS body...wow.
And then to see the child of your child...wooooo!!!
The biggest wonder in the world for me...the biggest grins and the most important of any star time..??? Norah, Joseph, Emmalee and Tristan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 12:24 am

ArloNetizen

Some times I cant help thinking ...just wondering where you are...Did you get your wish ..Did you get to be a star...would it really matter all the glory and the fame ..would it rally matter if no one knew your name....I couldent handle it at all...dont want to be put to that test ..it would be to easey thinking i had risen above the rest.......some times the children listen to the storys i read to them .....I can see there love ..then I know ,,to them ..Im a star....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 9:34 am

Well Willow as the song say did you ever loose your self some where out there ,Well I have to say i tried very hard to loose myself to realize that you can not loose your self ,you may destroy parts of you and your dreams but it always comes back to you being you and as I see it you and everyone is a star for we are a very special and unique individuals.....But yes there are very special moments that make one smile from the inside out just like the moment I first held my Daughter in my arms and knew she was mine and the first time I knew you were in this world ...Now to know in just a few short moments in the large scheme of things I will be able to hug you for the very first time,and to meet my sister for the very first time so yes I know what it s like to feel like a star .....And YOU and Your MOTHER have made me feel that way....

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Becky on Nov 10, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 11:17 am

BlunderVirgin

Yes I am a star, and I have lost myself out there also. Stardom didn't see me as a mother, but I love the smiles and cry of a newborn baby....wow! Stardom found me when that little twinkle in my eye became a reality. That dream became my. Anytime you sucess in something of your choice you are a star!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 3:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

to be alone walking in the woods, when I feel that I am being looked at, I glance up to see a female deer not ten feet away, her big brown eyes look at me and I look at her, softly I say good morning, she shakes her head, I turn and walk away, only to find her following me, we walked side by side not three feet apart for half an hour, I was one with the woods and one with the deer, I was not the star but the void of space delighting in the stars that were all around me....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2000 10:59 pm

when something I've envisioned, as a vague thought or plan becomes a reality, maybe a grant for a school, a community acess TV program, or a phonecall, saying
"I got the ___ you sent me, thank you"
I've not had the experience of being a father, but, I'm in awe of the "Mom's" description of giving birth! Basically, we give ourselves our own Oscars!

Cool beans, Nathen! I followed a deer for 1/2 hour once, & I knew the deer knew I was there! it waited for me, at times. That was In Olympic Natl Park, Washington I was age 11! never forgot that thrill!

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Bumper on Nov 10, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2000 8:08 pm

ArloNetizen

Ok ..it happened today...I did get to be a star...I dont know if is the kind of thing you are after but here is what happened...I was at the supermarket this sunday morning..it was about noon..had to pick up a few things..and the message came over the loud speeker ..there will be a pie eating contest ..and everyone who participates will get a 10 dollar store gift certificate..and who ever won would get a 100 dollar certificate....now i thought to myself ..thats so stupid ..but i couldent help to go and have a look...when i got to the pie eating area ..some guy said we need one more person...pointing at me ..said come on...so aganst my better judgement I sat down at the table...there were three other competitors..one was this skinny guy..and a heavy set guy ..and some chick...and me.....heres how it went down...who ever ate the moast pie in 2 minutes would win the 100...they gave us a glass of water if we wanted it ...we could choose lemon cream or coconut cream.....and the pie on your face would not count as pie that was eaten....the judge said one two three ..GO..I just went about the task at hand biting and chewing , then grabbing the water and washing it down .....when the judge said STOP..i looked around and this thing looked as close as the 2000 election...had to think quick ..I said weigh them ..they said good idea...when they came back from weighing the left over pies ..I had won...100 dollar gift cert ..and a another coconut cream pie...then they took my picture and everything.....oh yes one more thing..I have one fake tooth ..its in the front lower bottom ..and when I was eating the pies it came out..and i chewed it and broke it..no big deal ..it was 1/2 broke before ..but I had to pull it from my mouth while all this stuff was going down...dont know if anyone seen me remove my dental work ...but anyhow ..I DID GET TO BE A STAR.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 12:27 am

I have to say that my biggest smile, if not on the outside but on the inside, was one time that I was with my nephew. He was about one at the time. We were shopping, and he had started to not feel very well, so he wanted me to hold him. I was looking at some clothes, not realizing that he was studying me as I held him. He didn't speak too much then, but managed to say "Ann Nih" (translation:Aunt Nic). I said without looking down "What Baby?" Then I just looked down, and he was looking at me with the sweetest most loving smile. He was saying "I love you." in his way. I have never felt so special, or such love.... Wow, it's bringing tears to my eyes to repeat it now, and that was 3years ago.ImageImage God help me when I have my own...I'll be the biggest sap.
ImageImage
Aunt Nic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 1:10 am

BlunderVirgin

Congrats on your star Silver....way ta go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 1:15 am

Arlo Fanatic

Congrats! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 8:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Willow I won my star when first I beheld your face, when first we embraced in the chill moonlight, when over the ages we once more united and became as one, Oh sweet Willow the stars have always been there for me to see but I was blind to the beauty until I shared it with you.
Yours faithfully
Wesley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 8:36 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 10:03 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I felt like a star on the mountian, scaling rocks, something I've never done before...
looking around at my friends and the children and thinking it doesn't get much better than this....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2000 10:28 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I've never been a star, but I am a son. Image