Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:51 pm
  

I just got a call from Kitty and she was on her way in to meet with the surgeons.

She asked me to thank all of you for all your vibes and to let you know it was going to be much easier just knowing she was all wrapped up in BLUNDERVIBES.

She said she would post herself as soon as she could.

Big Love,
Connie


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:13 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 06, 1999
Posts: 1631
Location: Ogdensburg, NY ST. Lawrence
Healing vibes, headed to west coast. I remember meeting Kitty West for the first time, in the parking lot of old "Diesal Dans'. She's a crazy lady for sure. The kind of person, whe world needs more of!

blunderprayers said. Get better NOW KID!!!

You've got my email... I'd love to hear from you.... Sad to hear you were sick....


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:42 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 05, 1999
Posts: 1479
Location: Mystic, CT
Just to give you a little update before Kitty gets around to it, she is scheduled for surgery on Monday. She loves the whole medical team that is being gathered for her--had a good meeting with the surgeon yesterday. I don't know what time the surgery will be on Monday, so it's best just to keep sending vibes all the time, to Kitty, her surgeon, and all the healthcare workers who will be taking care of her.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:50 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
More prayers & vibes said for her. Hope all goes well for her...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:53 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 06, 1999
Posts: 1631
Location: Ogdensburg, NY ST. Lawrence
Hey Jude, thanks for keeping us posted!!! Blundervibes sent Kitty's way for sure......

God-Bless/RB


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:24 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Dec 23, 2005
Posts: 1013
Location: here and there
Thanks Judy!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:34 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 05, 1999
Posts: 1479
Location: Mystic, CT
Kitty's surgery is scheduled for 10:30 Monday morning. That's Pacific time. Hopefully no one will forget the time change this weekend!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8521
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
Thanks for the reminder on the time change. Hope all goes well for her. More prayers just said for her...


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:07 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 05, 1999
Posts: 1479
Location: Mystic, CT
Checked my cell phone for messages last night--I hardly ever use it--and there was one from Kitty. Damn! Oh, well. Anyway, she wanted me to let everyone know that the computer at her daughter's house is broken right now--something about tripping over a cord--so it will be harder for her to get on line till it's fixed, but she just wanted to thank everyone again, because she knows that it's the vibes, prayers, and love that you guys are sending her that are helping her "sail" through this experience. So Thanks, Everyone!

By the way, Kitty told me the other day that her surgeon said that she'd probably have to give up sit-ups after her surgery, (!!!!), and I told her I would try to do some for her. So Kitty, I just want you to know, if you get on line somewhere, that I have instituted my "Crunches for Kitty" program here, and this morning, in addition to my usual two sets of 25, I did an extra set!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:28 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: May 29, 2002
Posts: 578
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Arlo, what will it do in seconds? What is it supposed to do for ya?

Thanks!


Last edited by Bobbi2 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:27 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Mar 08, 2003
Posts: 1039
Location: Manchester/England
Vibes being sent and I'll be holding her in my thoughts all day Monday.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:23 am
  

Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Jun 29, 2001
Posts: 367
Location: Morehead City, North Carolina, USA
Hi You all !
The house here is quiet...and with ay good luck at all , it will stay quiet for awhile longer.
I'm living in what is called "The High Desert" of Oregon, Bend, to be exact, with my oldest daughter Norah and my two grandchildren, Tristan (11) and Georgia (1 1/2).
Emmalee, my youngest of three kids, flew in from Asheville NC yesterday to help out during spring break. (Those of you who remember her (aka Willow) might be surprised to know that she is pretty much a grown up, a student at Warren Wilson College.
I have been passed around, and back and forth between various medical groups since I got here. The whole medical system here is awesome. That has been such a blessing...
There is a group here called "Volunteers In Medicine", doctors, nurses, I'm in pharmacists, desk people....you name it,,,,all donate time that would otherwise be spent relaxing, on vacation, etc., . Everyone I've come in contact with so far has been the best I could ever wish for. Professional, respectful, kind, compassionate, patient, thorough...I could go on and on.
I met with the two surgens who will be working on me on Monday. Easygoing, confident, assuring and so very positive. They were very clear about what they would be doing and several possibilities, depending on several factors.
A pretty big chunck of my abdomen must be removed and they are hoping to be able to stretch some other muscles over the gap. That will depend on how deep the mass is.
It's all pretty interesting, even the cancer itself. The doc said that it's probably been growing very slowly for about 15 years. Typicaly it's not identified until it's big enough to feel ...like feeling a baby's foot in a pregnant womam's belly. And again, typically people don't get it checked out untill it stqrts crowding other organs.

Anyway, it's been eating my food long enough. I want my own food for myself again. And since it's gotten so big, I can't eat much food at a time or I'll get neasous (sp?) It also crowds my lungs and heart, not to mention how uncomfortable it is to sit, stand...well, just about everything.

So, tomorrow I check in to the hospital at 10:30, get prepped and they'll start an antibiotic IV first, then add in some knock out stuff. I really hope it's STRONG knock out stuff. I have these fears of waking up mid proceedure yikes...! (I'm sure that won't happen)
They expect to be doing the actual surgery at 12 noon, and with no complications they will be rolling me into recovery about an 1:30 PST.

I have always felt like the poster child of miracles, and now is no exception. Great doctors, agood hospital, red tape set aside to get me taken care of quickly without worry. I am sure it has fallen in place so beautifully because of all the people who are praying for me.
I had reached a point when I was just about out of hope, felt pretty alone and defeated. I didn't give up but ieverything felt pretty bleak.
As I began to travel across country, I sensed something good happening...I had a GREAT, fun and several times, eventful, trip.
I got thrown out of California with an OFFOCIAL NOTICE OF REJECTION....really! I loved that. All kinds of stories to share...but not now.
I'm in a A new place,with new hope and lot's of new ideas to think about during recovery time. I am not sure how the loss of abdomen muscle area will affect my life yet, but I'm trying to remember not to think too far ahead....first things first.
Today find my clothes to wear to the hospital.... Maybe wash them, :) They said to leave my money and credit cards at home. ha. NOT a problem, hee hee.


Well, as you see, I can still ramble on with the best of them....
(Although I must say thaT Connie is neck and neck with me when it comes to rambling...)

As Monday is coming up fast, I am feeling a bit nervous and might even say bits of scared here and there. I'm gonna gather all your good wishes, prayers and messages around me and take time to revisit some of those great memories....Reg following behind me at the church, picking up stuff I dropped, being so sleepy after the very long trip but didn't want to miss anything. What an angel Regina was to me that night. Singing with Judy and Shirley at the motel, writing music with RB, etc....Chuck, Connie, ..Jay, Shelly, Bob, Wyldflower, ...and there's the time when,,,...endless adventures in Blunderland!

I've rambled on much too long...
Time to get my stuff ready to go. You guys are the best.
ANd it's all Arlo's fault.

Thanks, everybody...I'll let you know how it goes. I appreciate your prayers on Monday....

Love
Kitty


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:39 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 05, 1999
Posts: 1479
Location: Mystic, CT
You've got my prayers, Miss Kitty. I couldn't forget to pray if I wanted to! The Universe keeps sending me reminders. I mean yesterday, for instance, I was driving along on 95 and a car passed me with license plates that read.....You guessed it! MSKITY! Now what are the odds of that?!!!

You will go into that operating room with lots of love around you. :)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:07 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Aug 25, 1999
Posts: 1883
Location: Wantagh, NY
well, of course I hope all goes well going into the surgery, but kitty should know my thoughts are already on her coming OUT of the surgery, and hoping she gets through the recovery in record time!

Now when I get my car repaired, they always return the parts removed. Do they do that in this case? Does kitty get to bring home what's been growing and feeding off of her for the past years?? huh? :roll:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:25 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 2001
Posts: 3682
Location: Dallas, Texas
I guess you're probably up and getting ready to go. If your surgeons feel a little crowded in the room, tell them not to mind--it's just us. We'll be with you every step of the way.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group